Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2019, 12:11   #1036
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
6000 plus bookings for a 15 lac+ car on day one. Unbelievable and a unreasonable feat. More so when those who have booked have not seen the car in person nor test driven it, leave apart the prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
I feel that most of the bookings done for Seltos, Hector and also most new launches are very impulsive in nature wherein the customer gives in to the feeling of want rather than need or afford.
I've never had any car dealer follow-up for a booking as much as the Kia dealer I booked with did. I went ahead after his assurance that I will have a hassle free refund at any stage (before confirmation) and time I decide to withdraw.

Unless the Petrol DCT drives really really well and Kia does offer compelling introductory pricing, I don't see myself owing the Seltos.

I'm sure this is true for many of us out here and outside, which explains the 6000 odd bookings.

My 2 cents.
Old 18th July 2019, 12:21   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post

Unless the Petrol DCT drives really really well and Kia does offer compelling introductory pricing, I don't see myself owing the Seltos.

My 2 cents.
Yes, I'm also on the same boat, even I conveyed this to the Naara Kia J P Nagar branch head and regional heads both of them were present when I went for offline booking last Saturday. I told them clearly that, if KIA handles/breaks/feels like Creta (my personal opinion) then I'm going to cancel the booking. They told me multiple times that I will be surprised both price wise and driving department (they actually drove the car it seems).
Old 18th July 2019, 12:22   #1038
BHPian

Don't know if this has been shared already but here's the interiors combination across variants.

HTE
HTK = Black one Tone
HTK+

HTX
HTZ+ = Black + Beige

GTK
GTX = Black one Tone

GTX + = Black Beige
nitinhegde is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 12:31   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Study the market intensively. Launch products that customers really want.
Do not shortchange them - though Kia is faltering on this part.
Promise the customer world class ownership and world class service.
And watch them flock to your doorstep giving you their business.

And - Do not take customers for granted because the tide can turn in an instant.
Agree everything here except that shortchange part from KIA. When the car itself has not been launched, how can they achieve this magic. People are blaming them based on rumors and unverified sources. Can't people wait to blame them at least after they launch? Absolutely no patience.

However, one good thing about all these negative feed-back is that they have a heads up now. I think they are playing very smartly. With all these feed-backs they will definitely try to look into changing production lines according to actual market demand and not just statistical market demand which they would have researched for months if not years.

Also I have a very high feeling that the actual reason to advance the launch of Seltos to first week of August from last week has to do with MG Hector production constraints. KIA would have definitely got hold of this info before commoners like us. They had already made it public that they are planning to deliver 30K Seltos this year itself in 3 months where as MG had planned only 10-12K in the first five months of launch. With long waiting period for Hector, they are just hoping to steal the thunder I guess. I am sure this will reflect in prices as well. Very excited for Seltos launch

PS: I just hope KIA realize the blunder TATA did with rushing the Harrier launch. Almost every reviewer was unanimous that it was 85% ready and not 100%. Lets see if KIA makes the same mistake or not.
RaghuVis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 13:34   #1040
BHPian

Hector sold out for 2019. So Indians are willing to give chance to newcomers if packaged well. Time for Kia to do one better!

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-closed-413493
Old 18th July 2019, 13:55   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
PS: I just hope KIA realize the blunder TATA did with rushing the Harrier launch. Almost every reviewer was unanimous that it was 85% ready and not 100%. Lets see if KIA makes the same mistake or not.

From all aspects, like showrooms to their website it seems to me they are not 100% ready for a launch in 15 days
sandhyab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 14:02   #1042
BHPian

Interested in booking the Seltos but thanks to the Variant wise feature mix-up I am utterly confused as to which variant to go for..currently driving a 2014 Octavia 1.8 TSi and thus the GT Line DCT would be the closest in terms of performance but I don't know if I am ready to compromise on features such as the sunroof,etc.What features does the Tech line diesel AT have over the GT line DCT?
Asmt_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 14:08   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhyab View Post
From all aspects, like showrooms to their website it seems to me they are not 100% ready for a launch in 15 days
They still have 35 days time.

July End, they'll start getting cars,
From 3rd August, Test Drives will start.
On 22nd Car Prices will be revealed.

So, I guess it's a simple wait & watch game.

If HTX+ is loaded will all features like GTX+, I'll be booking one as soon as Official Feature List is announced.

Patience is the key here.
Old 18th July 2019, 14:10   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Hector sold out for 2019. So Indians are willing to give chance to newcomers if packaged well. Time for Kia to do one better!

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-closed-413493
A Chinese company has sold out their stocks for the entire year and another korean company unheard off before for the layman in India has got 6000 bookings in a day, talk about slowdown !

It reaffirms a couple of my beliefs

1) Indians are willing to spend big money if they find value in it
2) All the cars in the 10 - 15 L are horribly overpriced - Swift D Top end/ i20 D retails on road around 10 L, XUV300 AMT(D) retails at 15.XX in Chennai
Sk8r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 14:18   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
They still have 35 days time.

July End, they'll start getting cars,
From 3rd August, Test Drives will start.
On 22nd Car Prices will be revealed.

So, I guess it's a simple wait & watch game.

If HTX+ is loaded will all features like GTX+, I'll be booking one as soon as Official Feature List is announced.

Patience is the key here.

Oh my mistake then, I thought August 3rd is when they launch, and August 22nd a few cars would be delivered.
Old 18th July 2019, 14:42   #1046
BHPian

For what it's worth, re-sharing what I received. This confirms what has been shared before.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos-features-spread.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-seltos-variants.jpeg  

Last edited by nitinhegde : 18th July 2019 at 15:06.
nitinhegde is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 15:05   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Don't know if this has been shared already but here's the interiors combination across variants.

HTE
HTK = Black one Tone
HTK+

HTX
HTZ+ = Black + Beige

GTK
GTX = Black one Tone

GTX + = Black Beige
I thought of GTX+ black interior because the red stitching looks horrible with beige. I have owned beige interiors and it's a mess and a pain to maintain in our indian conditions. Propably another reason to back off if this is true. They could simply give an interior color option for every varient like the body color.
Old 18th July 2019, 15:12   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Agree everything here except that shortchange part from KIA. When the car itself has not been launched, how can they achieve this magic. People are blaming them based on rumors and unverified sources. Can't people wait to blame them at least after they launch? Absolutely no patience.
You are completely correct in saying that one should not judge a brand by rumors and unverified sources.
I too am hoping that those news tidbits are just rumors and that the GTX+ & HTX+ features list are not shortchanged.
I want to buy the top end petrol next year as long as it is fully loaded.
Hopefully in that time the initial ownership reviews for Seltos & Hector will be known and an informed decision can be made by me.
Hoping it plays out positively.
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 15:13   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
For what it's worth, re-sharing what I received. This confirms what has been shared before.
GTX+ misses out on road grip control, 8 way power heigh height adjuster and drive mods (maybe it's for automatics only)
Basically 2 features are left out or maybe the information is fake.
Old 18th July 2019, 15:36   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
These might be true since both the interior pictures in the website shows the Black-Beige combo. But, they should actually offer black to top variants and beige to the lower variants. But, I guess the common mass market prefers the beige interiors over black one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks