Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2019, 06:41   #781
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
That's the painful part from Kia. You spend 19-20 lakhs on a car and then buy an aftermarket camera

For me, I was about to press the trigger and place a booking but will hold for now until there is clarity; I want the DCT but with 360 camera + front sensors.
As I understand only 360 degree camera will be missing from the GTX. With a 10.5 inch infotainment screen reversing camera with dynamic guidelines will be there
The differences between GTX and GTX+ as per Incheon SA are

- Sunroof - Not required for me
- Bose 8 speaker system (4 bose woofers and 4 tweeters) - Bose ? - I d stick with my morel tempos
- Powered Front Seats - Not a big feature to miss, I d rather manually adjust
- Ventillated seats - Will be missed, but the seat would become too soft akin to verna which could make it uncomfortable and back pain prone
- 360 degree camera - Will be definitely missed
- Auto dimming rear view mirrors - This should be standard across variants
Old 11th July 2019, 07:36   #782
Senior - BHPian

I'm in the market for a sub 15 lakh compact SUV. My budget is 15 lakhs on road - Delhi. Is it worth waiting for the Seltos? If I'm going to get just the base variants, I wouldn't consider waiting for it.
Old 11th July 2019, 08:01   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I'm in the market for a sub 15 lakh compact SUV. My budget is 15 lakhs on road - Delhi. Is it worth waiting for the Seltos? If I'm going to get just the base variants, I wouldn't consider waiting for it.
Of course. On road 15 in Delhi you could get a Base Diesel, Mid 1.5 petrol. Turbo 1.4 petrol might start from 16 on road. Anything above this price- Creta, Harrier, Hector or even a Compass will be a more sensible choice.
Old 11th July 2019, 08:12   #784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
At this point, discussion on variants, features and pricing is just based on rumors and speculations

I would suggest you wait for Kia to officially release the variant and pricing information before making the decision.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 08:42   #785
BHPian

Kia's Pune dealership is opening up in Baner on Mumbai-Bengalore highway.
Crystal motors who handles Honda's sales n service in Pune seems to have got one for Kia too.

Now it'll be Crystal Clea(r) (Kia) for us Pune-kars.
Old 11th July 2019, 09:20   #786
BHPian

The leaflet that we have received is Kia Seltos DCT GTX, the following website shows correct information regarding GTX.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190711091308_drive.jpg

Above picture: Bose speakers missing

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190711091308_Drive.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	622.2 KB
ID:	1892633

Above picture: Upper two missing buttons are ventilated seats, lower two buttons are 360 degree camera and front parking senors.

I'm pretty sure there are alot more missing which is not visible. I guess the diesel will only get the priority for the top end automatic and thats the reason it's called the Tech varient (Technology). If we see the creta buyers, not everyone goes for the top end varient and most settle for SX varient. Kia might slowly bring out a fully loaded version like the Jeep Compass.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20190711_091406.jpg  

momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 09:27   #787
BHPian

I am going to put my purchase of Seltos on hold due to lack of key features missing. Will keep driving my Vento for a year or so..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Seltos Regional Leaflet.pdf (2.50 MB, 826 views)

Last edited by NAVREVV : 11th July 2019 at 09:41.
NAVREVV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 10:28   #788
Distinguished - BHPian

Some key takeaways that I can infer from the official leaflet:
1) There will be black interiors available in the GT variant !
2) The engines will all be BS6 Compliant from day one, even before the BS6 standards kick in
3) GT variant will have red backlight illumination in buttons while Tech variant may have green illumination or white.
4) Rear sunshade curtains (as seen earlier) confirmed

Overall It looks quite good as per my requirements:
Good Diesel Auto variant with 6 airbags with a mileage of at least 15-16Kmpl (mixed) in GT Variant with Black interiors (if available)

Other things like sunroof, cruise control, large touch screen system etc are good to have but not mandatory for me.
Hope now that they will give me a loaded variant with my Need-to-haves within 15 lacs ex showroom!

Last edited by Behemoth : 11th July 2019 at 10:37.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 11:05   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Kia's Pune dealership is opening up in Baner on Mumbai-Bengalore highway.....)
True. It is Crystal Auto and has another outlet coming on Tilak Road. Being managed by Kotharis, who have a couple of other dealerships including Crystal Honda. Have done a booking there.
Old 11th July 2019, 11:08   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

- Sunroof - Not required for me
- Bose 8 speaker system (4 bose woofers and 4 tweeters) - Bose ? - I d stick with my morel tempos
- Powered Front Seats - Not a big feature to miss, I d rather manually adjust
- Ventillated seats - Will be missed, but the seat would become too soft akin to verna which could make it uncomfortable and back pain prone
- 360 degree camera - Will be definitely missed
- Auto dimming rear view mirrors - This should be standard across variants
My thinking is also on the same line. I need manual GT line for sure, but waiting for the price difference between GTX and GTX+ (if both of them made available in manual trim). I'm not at all interested in sun roof, ventilated seats etc.

Anyway I'm going for pre-booking.
Old 11th July 2019, 12:41   #791
BHPian

The Korean Seltos interior looks a lot more classier and upmarket compared to the Indian version. Look at the brown-black combination, ICE buttons, climate control display etc.

India version
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-indian.jpg

Korea version
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-korean.jpg

Korea ICE
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-ice.jpg

Last edited by X-Factor : 11th July 2019 at 12:43. Reason: Addtional note
X-Factor is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 12:53   #792
BHPian

In my opinion, Kia Seltos is a right product to launch in Indian market as it is compact and will fit into most parking spaces provided in societies all over India (specially in Mumbai and Delhi). Harrier and Hector are one or two sizes over so, they will struggle whereas Venue, Xuv300 will sell. Seltos is for a person who wants more premium features and also an upgrade from a small car. Creata has been a hot for the same reason.

The only problem is their inability to gauge market interest in high end Automatics or it could be that they are not worried about losing a few units to people who may want premium features in Automatics. It is also not as if there are a lot many options available in the market anyway.

So, my prediction is that Kia Seltos will acquire a good deal of business with Seltos and may become #2 on sales charts in its segment behind Creta.

I am also in the market for a new Automatic car so, I will evaluate their mix of transmission upon launch and chose the right fit for me based on Team-BHP ride and handling report. Ride and handling will be the deal breaker for Kia and if they get it right, Indians will roll red carpet for this new late entrant but better late than never and more is married for customers.
RajeevSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 13:13   #793
BHPian

The quality, finesse in interior for both Indian and Korean version is quite evident. Why did they do it?

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-india.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-korea.jpg
NAVREVV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 13:19   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
The Korean Seltos interior looks a lot more classier and upmarket compared to the Indian version. Look at the brown-black combination, ICE buttons, climate control display etc.
The Australian Spec Seltos (imported from Korea) is way different under the hood. You get a 2.0L engine with 4 wheel drive and off road capabilities.
The car is specially made for their country (UK, Australia) having features such as heated seats (on all four seats), heated stearing wheel, the infotainment is the same it's just that the indian version has a continuous without buttons, those extra buttons next to the gear leaver are the off road buttons, it gets adaptive cruise control (has a radar stuck on the grill with a grill design), e-brake and 18inch alloy with low profile tires.

These are the extra but it misses out on cooled seats, air purifier.

To he honest, us urban car users dont require 4 wheel drive and our climate is always hot and humid so yes to ventilated seats and our indian roads don't deserve low profile tires. We require an air purifier cause we live in a polluted town.

I personally feel Kia has done a wonderful job to provide what's actually needed.
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 13:44   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Yuck! How do I unsee that Korean pic?
The Indian one looks like base variant when compared with the Korean one. The climate control display with the red font looks like it has been borrowed from a 2005 car.

Kia has been hinting at an even more premium pricing than the heavily overpriced Creta and this is what we get? That too, from a new comer.

These car companies provide us raw deals at astronomical prices and cry foul when the sales drop.

Hope Kia is planning a pleasant surprise with the pricing. Otherwise, there's no excuse for such a downgrade.

Last edited by theredliner : 11th July 2019 at 13:53.
theredliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks