Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2019, 12:58   #676
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Well done Kia Motors well done!!

First bring in a variant which should target the enthusiasts with a powerful engine and gearbox combination get the enthusiasts all excited and ready to shell out more moolah for this perfect combination of engine, gearbox and fully loaded features in the top of the line variant. But then decide that the enthusiasts only want the good engine and gearbox combo they do not care about features like good speakers, sunroof, ventilated seats, etc. so lets not give it to them instead offer it only to buyers of manual variants who would be chauffeur driven and they would be the only ones interested in features.

My only question to Kia is that if they were so concerned about keeping the costs low in the top of the line variant why even bring in the DCT variant for enthusiasts? I do not understand for the life of me why would they even offer both the CVT and DCT when they were planning to strip the top variant of features to keep it cost effective? Why not just strip features of only the CVT variant and offer the DCT as the top line GT trim which has all the bloody features which targets both the enthusiasts as well as people interested in all the bells and whistles who dont mid paying more. While the people with budget constraints interested in only a Petrol AT who do not mind missing out on the few features can opt for the CVT variant.

Till a week back I was all praises for Kia motors and was thankful that the Auto industry is finally maturing in India but we are back to square one and I am definitely not interested in plonking my money with another manufacturer who takes the buyers for granted. Hyundai did the same with the Creta Petrol AT stripping it off features that were offered in the MT and then later they probably learnt their mistake and with the face lift offered these features. Just hope someone at Kia Motors is reading this thread and realizing the kind of negative feedback that this news is drawing towards their brand.
vvb8530 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 14:54   #677
BHPian

I feel that this thread is going off topic because many of us are making a whole lot of conjectures / assumptions about some of the missing features that Kia should be offering to potential customers.
All of this is based on some 'sources' who may or may not be privy to inside information.

I feel that one should wait for the official word from Kia before jumping to any conclusions.
No offense guys, just a sincere request.
Almetal is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 15:14   #678
BHPian

Not sure if this is authentic, a Mumbai dealer has put up the website to gather leads - http://kiamumbai.com

Carblog has published a variant wise feature list - https://www.carblogindia.com/kia-sel...features-list/
Old 5th July 2019, 15:22   #679
BHPian

I can read that some of our friends here are really frustrated due the confusions in variants & features. If I am interested in the product I will wait for the details to come the manufacturers itself . I think we can all agree that nothing is certain in this world, until it happens

I look at this in different way.In the compact SUV segment (>4m) we had only Creta and Compass as options until last year with both being overpriced at either end of segment.

Then TATA came in with Harrier which though is not fully cooked, at least gave us an alternative option.

Now we have two new players coming in with good looking cars, with different engine/gearbox combinations and with reasonable pricing (Compared to what Creta offers for that money).

As a customer I have various different options now which was not the case sometime back. I will select whatever that fits into my minimal requirements (Ex Build quality, Safety, engine/transmission, budget).

It will be quite interesting to see how Seltos will be priced considering with what MG has done.

@Mods, Please move this out if it is off topic.
RJ411 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 15:49   #680
BHPian

Is anyone in Bangalore talking to any sales guys? I see the ORR showroom in Kadubeesanahalli is easily a month+ away from opening. So how does one pre-book?
Old 5th July 2019, 16:07   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Not sure if this is authentic, a Mumbai dealer has put up the website to gather leads
I guess many showrooms have already done this. Some have already started accepting bookings. For instance, in Kerala, the Alyson group which is taking up dealerships in North Kerala has been active in Facebook since February/March of this year. Similarly, the Incheon group, who are the dealerships over the middle Kerala region (http://incheonkia.com) have already launched their website and is active over Facebook/ Instagram. But, as far as I know, only the back end team is working right now. The showrooms will be opened by this month and almost every dealer confirmed that they will get demo cars latest by month end.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 17:31   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Is anyone in Bangalore talking to any sales guys? I see the ORR showroom in Kadubeesanahalli is easily a month+ away from opening. So how does one pre-book?
See if you can find them on Google Maps, and at times you may be able to get their Phone no too. It was the same situation in Hyderabad where the showroom is still being built but some of us could find a phone no. and talk to a representative from the store. And inquire upon various things including pre-booking process.

This is what I found on searching for KIA near the place you mention:
JSP KIA
http://www.jspkia.com/

Google Maps link with phone no:
https://bit.ly/2NzTOB0

If you contact them and go ahead with the booking cheque, do follow the due diligence of which name you are issuing the cheque to, etc. Remember, official bookings haven't yet started.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 17:35   #683
BHPian

I spoke with both JSP and Advaith.
Wait till the variants and prices are officially announced.

Last edited by DASKD24 : 5th July 2019 at 17:41. Reason: Typo
DASKD24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 19:09   #684
BHPian

I today went to Kia Dealership at MG Road, Gurgaon and dealership currently has Stinger GT and Kia Nero on display. SA was as clueless as some of us are. Conversation didn’t last 5 minutes since he didn’t know anything. Came back with disappointment.
NAVREVV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 20:00   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

KIA SELTOS TVC 2, not as inspiring as the car!

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 20:18   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
I today went to Kia Dealership at MG Road, Gurgaon and dealership currently has Stinger GT and Kia Nero on display. SA was as clueless as some of us are. Conversation didn’t last 5 minutes since he didn’t know anything. Came back with disappointment.
Keep me posted how it goes with that dealership. There's no dealership yet in my hometown so looks like the Gurgaon one will be the one where we place the order. There are, however, two dealerships of Hyundai where my parents live so hopefully Kia will open one soon.

So, do keep me posted how your communication goes with them in coming days/weeks.
panamera13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 22:38   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
There is a salesman from Mysore Road Showroom who has been following up with me. I will PM you his contact details. You can also directly call the showroom.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 08:39   #688
BHPian

Saw the name of a new dealership (Google search) in Kalyannagar Orr, Taapasi KIA.
Website WIP. There is a phone number for contact.
Old 6th July 2019, 09:35   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
I am out of this thread and not buying this car if they don't have the DCT Automatic in top end trim.

Extremely disappointed with this news :(
I agree with you completely. I was looking forward to buy this car with top end gt line with all features. I am dropping my purchase.

This is shame on Kia. My insight told me this would happen with Kia too.
Old 6th July 2019, 10:02   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
See if you can find them on Google Maps, and at times you may be able to get their Phone no too. It was the same situation in Hyderabad where the showroom is still being built but some of us could find a phone no. and talk to a representative from the store. And inquire upon various things including pre-booking process.
Where in Hyderabad is the showroom coming up?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks