Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:14   #571
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Renault launched the Duster as RENAULT Duster, not as Dacia)

But why separate dealer network?

Why not launch it as a premium sub-hyundai brand (Like Mahindra did with SsangYong, or Nissan with Datsun)
I mean absolutely no offence to you. With the utmost respect, I will say that ON THIS FORUM:

- BHPians prefer not to post unless we have something of a lot of value to add.

- We don't argue just for the heck of it.

- If someone else makes a sensible post, we thank it. Even if it was countering ours. We are all here to learn from each other.

- We don't argue incessantly, especially on topics that we have little or zero knowledge about.

Thanks for the support & understanding .
GTO is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:27   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Kia Seltos interiors of mid and top variants showcased to dealers.

Attachment 1889158

Attachment 1889150
Was the bonnet not properly closed in the first pic or is it too much gap there? If zoomed in closely, there are slight misalignments too. Not to nitpick and it's too early to judge that, besides any inconsistency would never match the level in Harrier
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:41   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
As per my friend,

1. Variants : HTE, HTK, HTK+, HTX and HTX+ - Tech Line
GTK, GTX and GTX+ - GT Line.

According to him, the 1.4T-GDi is available in manual as well. So, every engine has a manual/auto.
GT line in 3 variants. Wow. This will be a master stroke if true. In India we’ve always had that one souped up variant if at all. Polo GT- one, Punto Abarth- one, Ford only had the cosmetic ones and can’t recall any others. Looking forward to how the lower variants are loaded especially the GT ones.
Can we expect a GT at 15 on road
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:57   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
If it is then, I'd say 'Shut Up and take my money!'. Price is one thing that we just cannot predict, each manufacturer is playing a premium card - real or imaginary. I am looking at you Honda, Nexa. So let's pray to high leavens that sanity prevails and Kia prices the Seltos well.
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:11   #575
BHPian

Quote:
That's asking too much from Kia!

My heart is telling me to go and book and my mind says "Hold your horses" and wait for the car to come at showrooms.

What am most intrigued about in this car is:-

1. Heads up Display.
2. Ambient mood lighting.
3. Try out the 3 driving modes. (Especially Sports)

With Kia having Hyundai chromosomes, expect Seltos to be very aggressively priced but will command little premium over Creta because of some segment first features. Could this be a Creta Killer?
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:12   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
If it is then, I'd say 'Shut Up and take my money!'. Price is one thing that we just cannot predict, each manufacturer is playing a premium card - real or imaginary. I am looking at you Honda, Nexa. So let's pray to high leavens that sanity prevails and Kia prices the Seltos well.
They have to, after the Hector's shock pricing, and their attractive maintenance plans.

Kia will have to price it really attractively and offer similar if not better maintenance plans to pull away customers from MG showrooms. If I had 20~ lacs in my hand, and if I had to choose between the hector and a Seltos which Kia priced for a premium, looking to sell it by the "new premium brand" quota, I'll go for the Hector.
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:45   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
They have to, after the Hector's shock pricing, and their attractive maintenance plans.

Kia will have to price it really attractively and offer similar if not better maintenance plans to pull away customers from MG showrooms. If I had 20~ lacs in my hand, and if I had to choose between the hector and a Seltos which Kia priced for a premium, looking to sell it by the "new premium brand" quota, I'll go for the Hector.
That's correct, most would think that way. And that shows in the 10K bookings the Hector has garnered. Also, the Hector will be a larger vehicle than the Seltos, so Kia will have to tread carefully if they want to play the premium card.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:00   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
That's correct, most would think that way. And that shows in the 10K bookings the Hector has garnered. Also, the Hector will be a larger vehicle than the Seltos, so Kia will have to tread carefully if they want to play the premium card.
Actually Hector has now garnered 22K bookings and has a wait period of almost 4 months and 6 Months for the 1.4 DCT version!
The Hector's grand initial success is definitely due to the very aggressive pricing which they have done and all the Gimmicks which they are offering. Customers are more easily swayed by the Touch screen and the Sunroof than by driving dynamics these days and it is only enthusiasts like us who go for cars with good driving dynamics!
I just hope that Kia is able to find a balance and offers the Seltos with good driving Dynamics and a good Diesel Auto at 15 lacs Exshowroom for the GT version top end
To me it looks doable, but Kia if you are reading this thread please surprise us!
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:20   #579
BHPian

I hear the unofficial bookings have started in some cities, does anyone know any Kia showrooms opening in Pune? I stayed in the US for a few years back in 2007. Not sure if we had Kia in the US at that time, I certainly didnt see any or I might have but dont remember. I was having a word with my boss the other day, he said and I quote "Kia is doing very well in the US, good reputation for reliability"

Last edited by sreejinair : 2nd July 2019 at 12:23.
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:23   #580
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
I checked at Kia dealership in Gurgaon and SA told me that Top end GT Line variant will have above 3 features. Which one have you booked?
I booked the GT Line Automatic variant and he confirmed that Kia during their training have informed that these 3 features are missing

Quote:
I doubt if this is true. Please check the attached quote for the launch day pictures. The sunroof is very well there. The 360degree camera is also there, if you look closely below the ORVMs. If I remember correctly, I have seen in some walkaround video mentioning about the 360degree camera. The GT line should be the top of the variant. No point in omitting it unless they go the Hyundai way.

But, considering your usage of 70kms a day, don't you think the Diesel Auto makes a lot of sense ?

Edit: Also, check the front picture of red car during the dealer meet, that Karan posted.
I shared him the unveiling videos as well and he said that these may not be the versions which are making to the showrooms. He said that is the reason why Kia guys did not want the media to shoot the interiors.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd July 2019 at 12:47. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:56   #581
BHPian

Quote:
I shared him the unveiling videos as well and he said that these may not be the versions which are making to the showrooms. He said that is the reason why Kia guys did not want the media to shoot the interiors.
Curtains! Why Kia Why? So frustrating! On the contrary, person i spoke to at Gurgaon dealership did confirm me that above features are available and most surprisingly, he has also undergone the training.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 13:24   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I booked the GT Line Automatic variant and he confirmed that Kia during their training have informed that these 3 features are missing

Quote:
As per my friend,

1. Variants : HTE, HTK, HTK+, HTX and HTX+ - Tech Line
GTK, GTX and GTX+ - GT Line.

According to him, the 1.4T-GDi is available in manual as well. So, every engine has a manual/auto.
The "friend" whom I quoted above is actually attending the training and he confirmed about the 360 camera and blind view monitor. Sunroof, I'm not so sure. However, I will definitely check on this and let you guys know.

Meanwhile, checking the "Service" tab of the Kia website, it shows about Scratch Care "Care for the first scratch that hurts you." and Tyre protection "Special Care, covering what is usually not covered." I sure do hope they offer competitive service/ warranty scheme to match MG.

Edit: The website actually shows the sunroof in GT Line, both in exterior and in the interiors 360 view. So, I hope it should be there.

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 2nd July 2019 at 13:38.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 13:38   #583
BHPian

Quote:
The "friend" whom I quoted above is actually attending the training and he confirmed about the 360 camera and blind view monitor. Sunroof, I'm not so sure. However, I will definitely check on this and let you guys know.
I now checked at West Delhi showroom and as per them

1. Sunroof
2. Blind Spot Monitor
3. Bose sound system
4. Heads up display
5. Ventilated seats
5. 360 degree camera

These features are only available in Top Spec GT Line MT and DCT is available in one variant below MT variant with these missing features. For me this is going to be a deal breaker. Weird thinking by Kia

Last edited by NAVREVV : 2nd July 2019 at 13:48.
NAVREVV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 13:44   #584
BHPian

Enough with the automatic transmission not being on the top-end variant too
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 13:59   #585
Senior - BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Just like the boot space, width and ground clearance, there could be a difference in the way the height is measured and specified between different manufacturers. It is very unlikely that Seltos is shorter than the Creta by 4.5 centimeters. It is a significant difference and would show up when you look at the car. They should be more or less of the same height (difference being in the range of 10/15 mms). It is possible that the height of Creta (1665) is with the roof-rails and Seltos (1620) is without.

I do not think so. The face lifted Creta has flush-fitted roof rails in comparison to the pre-facelift one which had the regular roof rails. The height mentioned in the brochure has not changed post the face lift, at least what I know. Also, one of the base E variants of the earlier Creta never had roof rails, and hence height may not have been differently called out basis variants.

In fact, every time I look at the face lifted Creta, these new roof rails make it look visually way shorter. I have the pre-facelift version and I must say the regular roof rails add to the SUV look and give an illusion of added height.

The Kia Seltos does seem to have the regular projected roof rails rather than the ones on the face lifted Creta. So at least visually it may look more or less the same when compared to the existing Creta, but may also look a tad short when you compare it with the earlier Creta.

Last edited by motorworks : 2nd July 2019 at 14:04.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks