Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2019, 17:53   #1771

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
These are HTK+ and I believe this variant is going to be a hot seller as it should be the most VFM. The alloys look neat and that black window line and brushed silver front grill look subtler than that flashy chrome on HTX. I wish to book HTK+ diesel if it is priced at the rumoured 12.99 ex showroom delhi.
IMO opinion, Seltos will prove to be a big success.

The car so far, ticks all the boxes to become a run-away success.

Had an opportunity to see it in flesh today while returning from Shantiniketan to Kolkata.

As per SA, pricing of Seltos should surprise the competition though he refrained from disclosing the price details.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20190811_151743.jpg  

Old 11th August 2019, 17:58   #1772
BHPian

I had visited this afternoon to PPS Motors, Mysore Road, in Bangalore. It was quite crowded and lot of enquires and lot of praise overall by the visitors.

When TD was requested, the team said to wait at least 1 hour and there are already quite a long queue. And one of the sales advisor was stressed that week day prefer to have proper TD.

There are already Cars coming to yard, it was good to watch several colour options. See the photo where you can spot at least 4 colours
(Sorry i was far away from truck)

By the way PPS and Kia should improve customer interactions, there are almost no interest from team there to get atleast phone numbers from visitors.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-a0bb840a5a4943f4aa330178dd68c9af.jpeg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th August 2019 at 08:37. Reason: Spacing
Old 11th August 2019, 18:07   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Kia Seltos (Mid Variant HTK/HTK+) in Various Colors.
Which showroom is this? Is this in Bangalore? If so, would you remember having seen any automatics (diesel or petrol?)
Old 11th August 2019, 18:21   #1774
BHPian

Can someone suggest me how the GT Line blue and black colour look ? Red didnt impress me (because I used to Punto red for ~10 years) . I dont want to go for White/Grey.
Old 11th August 2019, 19:26   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Can someone suggest me how the GT Line blue and black colour look ? Red didnt impress me (because I used to Punto red for ~10 years) . I dont want to go for White/Grey.
If maintenance is not an issue, then I would suggest Black. Black should definitely look good on SUVs, especially on Seltos. If you can add all black interiors to that, that would be my personal choice. You would have the option of dual tone roof also, if you are opting for GTX variant. GTX+ would be getting sunroof, so no dual tone in that.
Old 11th August 2019, 19:48   #1776

Checked out the Kia today and must say it's every bit as brilliant in person as it seemed online.

The problem I'm grappling with is whether to upgrade from my honda city cvt 2015 model, at an expected net cost of around 10L for the top of the line GT automatic model of the Seltos.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th August 2019 at 19:53. Reason: only 2 smileys per post please
Old 11th August 2019, 19:53   #1777
BHPian

Had a detailed walk around over the weekend at two different dealerships in Bangalore, accompanied by family.

being weekend both places was like a fish market! The cars on display was smeared with fingerprints and grease marks and it was very difficult to get even a second of alone time with the cars. Still managed to explore deeper. Here's a summary of both visits taken together.

The wow factor for the looks had gone!

The biggest let down is the boot. Found it to be super impractical for my preference since I'd usually have more vertical stuff than horizontal. A simple plant pot that would ease in standing in my old i20 would struggle big time in Seltos.

The beige/white seats were already soiled and seemed much softer from what I saw a couple of days ago.

The AV unit was all grease and blurry.I prefer the layout to be simple and not distracting , but the one here would need more than a glance while driving to figure out where to tap etc.

I tried tuning up the system with my "Tune Up" playlist - the same playlist that captivated in Hexa, Harrier, Hector - was dull. Bose failed to impress me!

And the diamond chrome knurl in the front looked more cheaper, like a fake ornament.

The HUD, Sunroof was more of feel good factors.

What I still liked was the alloys - hands down! Then the headlamp and fog lamp units. I have a feeling that the driving dynamics of this one might just be perfect for city commute.

My family came with high expectations and were super disappointed. Even more was me, I thought I finally was able to zero down, but nay, this isn't the one that looks like our upgrade!

On the second day, bit frustrated we all just dropped by an MG showroom next door to checked out the Hector. It did seem like a refreshing feel of space, after Seltos experience. More that in the MG thread

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th August 2019 at 08:37. Reason: Spacing
Old 11th August 2019, 19:55   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhnik View Post
Checked out the Kia today and must say it's every bit as brilliant in person as it seemed online.

The problem I'm grappling with is whether to upgrade from my honda city cvt 2015 model, at an expected net cost of around 10L for the top of the line GT automatic model of the Seltos.
10L will likely be the base variant and shoot up to atleast 17L. If 10L would be the top variant the base would have been 6L which is not how it is going to be.

Last edited by SDP : 11th August 2019 at 23:24. Reason: Typos
Old 11th August 2019, 20:19   #1779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
As far as I know they won't provide remote engine start on MT. There is always a risk of what gear you park your MT vehicle on. I know a lot of folks park with the gear slotted on the first gear and then if u remote start you know what is going to happen!! For At you always know you have to park in P mode.

I highly doubt Venue having this feature in MT, as usual I suspect lack of knowledge of the sales representatives.
Afaik, the venue has it in the manual as well. During our test drive, the SA showed us the feature, and the test drive car was a MT.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 20:24   #1780

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
10L will likely be the base varient and shoot up to atleast 17L. If 10L would be the top varient the base would have been 6L which is not how it is going to be.
No no.. I mentioned 10L cost to me on the basis that top variant Seltos would be 17L and resale value of my honda city would be around 7L. So I'm wondering whether 10L expense is worth it for the new Seltos.
Old 11th August 2019, 20:45   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
No no.. I mentioned 10L cost to me on the basis that top variant Seltos would be 17L and resale value of my honda city would be around 7L. So I'm wondering whether 10L expense is worth it for the new Seltos.
Well if I had a Honda city and saw the Seltos. I would actually sell it for an upgrade before it depreciated! In my case I'm selling my SX4. So my expensive is high unfortunately.
Old 11th August 2019, 20:45   #1782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Which showroom is this? Is this in Bangalore? If so, would you remember having seen any automatics (diesel or petrol?)
These are WhatsApp Forwards, Not sure about area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
If maintenance is not an issue, then I would suggest Black. Black should definitely look good on SUVs. You would have the option of dual tone roof also, if you are opting for GTX variant. GTX+ would be getting sunroof, so no dual tone in that.
Agreed, Black would good on SUVs, Saw a Black Hector last week and it looked terrific. If I buy Seltos, it would be Black.

Quote:
At an expected net cost of around 10L for the top of the line GT automatic model of the Seltos.
No way Kia will price it at that range, it'll be higher than that especially since the Top Spec will be loaded with features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post
The biggest let down is the boot. Found it to be super impractical for my preference since I'd usually have more vertical stuff than horizontal.
I too did find Boot a bit small, not just on Seltos but even on Harrier, yet to check Hector.

Quote:
10L will likely be the base varient and shoot up to atleast 17L. If 10L would be the top varient the base would have been 6L which is not how it is going to be.
Well said, completely Agree. But, remember Kia do have Power To Surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Afaik, the venue has it in the manual as well. During our test drive, the SA showed us the feature, and the test drive car was a MT.
Venue doesn't have it on Manual, it's available only on DCT. Check the attached image.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190811204353127_com.google.android.apps.docs.png

It remains to be seen if Kia offers Remote Start on both Petrol AT & Diesel AT. Petrol will have it, Diesel I am not 100% sure. Let's wait & watch.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 21:17   #1783
BHPian

Quote:

He is talking about a "net cost" of 10L, Seltos price minus the exchange price of the City
octane_100 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 21:31   #1784
BHPian

Can someone help me with the audio setup on GTX+ as we know as of now? I know it has 8 Bose speakers(which in the current state of tune s cheap!). Is there an amp and sub woofer?

I am already thinking of after market upgrade considering music is key to me. I was blown away by Compass music system setup with 4 Alpine speakers 2 tweeters and a sub woofer beneath the dash.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th August 2019 at 08:38. Reason: Spacing
Old 11th August 2019, 22:31   #1785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Even a few grams of extra carbon into the environment just so that I can have my car cooled when I reach it is the rock bottom of sensibility (lack thereof) & care about nature that we have reached. We humans are too arrogant now & someone needs to put brakes on this!!

I really wish that responsible forums like TBHP are used to raise awareness on such matters as well.
Totally agree! While a few cars being remotely started and cooled won't be an issue IMO; what could be scary is this feature catching fancy of too many Indian buyers and becoming a norm 5 years down the line!

The safety risk of CO poisoning in closed parking spots like malls, apartments and such is not new to this forum but same can't be said about the masses. Would car companies make an earnest effort to educate the customers about environmental and safety risks of this cool feature? not till government pushes them with next set of safety legislation in 2049!

It just amazes me on why car companies in India don't prioritise safety features like adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance, etc. for Indian market considering the state of safety here. I've never heard anyone dying because the air-con started with a 5 min delay

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th August 2019 at 08:38. Reason: Spacing
Kols is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks