Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2019, 17:38   #1816
Team-BHP Support

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Are we really fighting for a pouch? It's not of much use anyways. For me those two pouches in my sx4 was never ever really used. You can barely keep a magazine or a newspaper.
It's perfect for a cell phone and if you're chauffeur driven. The deeper pouches are usually unusable cause you can never really find stuff.

The point here is that the GTX gets it but the one above doesn't.

And thanks to the hard plastic back, the knee room and comfort is marginally lesser vs the lower trim GTX.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 17:39   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
One more interesting thing, TD car TPMS showed 38 on all wheels, isn't that too high?
That is so strange! The TD vehicle here in Delhi also had a pressure of 38 on all wheels. Could this be intentional?
Old 12th August 2019, 17:47   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post

Its amazing that Kia is hearing to its customer's plea and willing to change its variant models so quickly. Now we have 18 variants to choose from.
Link
18 variants!!! Damn, team-bhp reviewers will have their hands full going through each of them.

All i would be concerned about is:

Top variant (auto)
Top variant (manual)
VFM variant with all safety features.
VFM (without the added safety features)
Base variant (for those who are budget restricted)
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 17:54   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
VFM variant with all safety features.
VFM (without the added safety features)

VFM is always, always, with safety features.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 18:07   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
That is so strange! The TD vehicle here in Delhi also had a pressure of 38 on all wheels. Could this be intentional?
Dealers usually set it to higher value so that when it is lying in the yard they dont have to topup frequently. Where you able to find the recommended values?

Personally I feel higher pressure gives better vehicle control/stability and steering feedback whereas lower values give a more supple ride.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 18:19   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Dealers usually set it to higher value so that when it is lying in the yard they dont have to topup frequently. Where you able to find the recommended values?

Personally I feel higher pressure gives better vehicle control/stability and steering feedback whereas lower values give a more supple ride.
So point is could this be the reason for some of the folks here complaining on the ride quality? May be reduce this to 33 and the ride quality would be very different in low speed city roads? SA told me min 35 is what is recommended which itself did not seem right to me really. For me 32 is apt but don't want to generalise per se
Old 12th August 2019, 18:38   #1822
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, I did check the recommended pressure. It was 32.
10nitin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 18:48   #1823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thats spot on! Good catch mate. That very likely might be the cause of the bumpier rides reported.

Quote:
Generally higher pressure results in lesser grip, bouncier ride & a lighter steering. Actual control & grip is better with lower air pressure along with the advantage of softer ride.

Last edited by Reinhard : 12th August 2019 at 18:49.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 21:35   #1824
BHPian

I wonder if the Seltos 1.4 GT line come with paddle shifters, at least in the top trim? Would be so much more fun!
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 22:21   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
I wonder if the Seltos 1.4 GT line come with paddle shifters, at least in the top trim? Would be so much more fun!
The Seltos doesn't come with paddle shifters even in it's global version for example South Korea, so it definitely won't come in India unfortunately.
TG_F196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 22:21   #1826
BHPian

Have not seen any other car generate so much confusion before the launch!! No one knows what's coming and I don't even know if Kia themselves know what they would settle at. So many variants so many customizations, what variant comes with what features, what are the seat colors available my God.

I was told by the SA who has taken my booking that GTX+ DCT would only be available in Oct that's a bummer since I have already sold my previous car and now without a car for already more than a month now!!
Old 12th August 2019, 22:27   #1827
BHPian

Noob Query
If one is not too concerned about cost of maintenance and cost of ownership and one intends to keep this vehicle for at least 7 to 10 years, would it make sense to go for the top end HTX+ AT instead of the upcoming GTX+ AT
Most reviewers are finding the diesel more refined.

Only drawback being
1. 115 PS (diesel) vs 140 PS (Petrol GT Line)
2. 6 speed Automatic vs 7 speed automatic.

How reliable would Turbo Petrol engines be in our climate.
Will additives need to be added to the present BS IV fuel to make it compliant with a BS VI engine.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 22:30   #1828
Senior - BHPian

I did a short test drive on the petrol manual today.
Found the initial lag to be significant. I wonder how it will be on the DCT, considering the DCTs are not good at masking the lag.
I found the clutch to have too long travel and not easy to modulate (and it is easy to stall)
Steering had a pull to the left (which could be because of the slope on the road)
Colleagues who accompanied me also felt that the space is not great and in fact Create (one of them is an owner) feels more spacious.
HUD and the lane watch features are useful and not mere gimmick.
I am keen to test drive the 7DCT but eventually may drop it because of the space it provides for my requirement.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 22:40   #1829
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by springisking View Post
I was told by the SA who has taken my booking that GTX+ DCT would only be available in Oct that's a bummer since I have already sold my previous car and now without a car for already more than a month now!!
Please be prepared for the wait for the GTX+ DCT.

1- This model was not originally planned and is being launched only in response to the public feedback. Hence there will be a delay of a couple of weeks.

2- Majority of the bookings that Kia has received have been for this particular combination.

Get a monthly zoomcar loaner vehicle
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 22:52   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Please be prepared for the wait for the GTX+ DCT.

1- This model was not originally planned and is being launched only in response to the public feedback. Hence there will be a delay of a couple of weeks.

2- Majority of the bookings that Kia has received have been for this particular combination.

Get a monthly zoomcar loaner vehicle
Haha! Btw I pre booked Seltos 1 week before the pre booking officially started, and the SA ahs assured me that I would get in the first lot in the showroom delivery for this model, infact I was his first customer so personally he is giving a lot of attention. Anyways he still has to wait till Kia dispatches it!!

I'm amazed reading so many articles on automobile slowdown and huge discounts etc. I went to Jeep, Honda, Skoda and none of them are giving any discount. All that the tell is they can give some exchange bonus where as I don't have a car anymore?!! So who is this who is giving discount to beat the slowdown? To be specific I had a look at Compass Limited Plus Petrol, Skoda Octavia Style AT and Honda Civic Petrol top end AT. I did not even bother going to MG showroom realising how late I am already.

All other cars are due for face-lift in 2020 be it the Octavia, Creta, Tucson, Verna etc. I only need a powerful automatic and Harrier too is either this year end or early next year. No option but to patiently wait for my Seltos itself considering I atleast have ealry mover advantage here
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks