Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2019, 12:17   #1861
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
Even my 9 year old Volkswagen Vento has this feature But I haven't used this feature more than a few times. Plus the biggest issue is theft. I think having the ac running even for a few minutes before you get to the car is a better alternative.
That I was aware of, what I meant to say is that now with these connected cars you can use a combination of both if the car has been sitting for a while under direct sun. You also now have an option to just open the sunroof (which should not be very visible) not by remote but by the app, so no issue on finding the range for remote and trying to ascertain whether the command worked or not. As you will have the status on your phone.
Old 14th August 2019, 12:24   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Currently we have a topic running about the Hyundai Venue DCT transmission temperature warning issue in this thread (Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs)

There is a mention about Venue having a dry-clutch DCT, which heats up faster and it would have been better, if it had a wet-clutch. Does anyone know what type of DCT clutch is used in GTX DCT variant of Seltos?
The Seltos definitely has a dry clutch DCT. I had similar question about Hyundai DCT reliability, did some research and found out that KIA also uses dry clutch DCTs.
TG_F196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 12:44   #1863
Distinguished - BHPian

Just noticed the Autocar review write-up is live at the site, they had earlier released only the video review.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-413732
Old 14th August 2019, 12:51   #1864
BHPian

With the news trickling in of GTX+ Diesel, for me it's a debate between diesel and turbo petrol.

What should I think about?
  • DCT reliability vs TC - this is a big one
  • Mileage
  • Higher maintenance on diesel?
  • diesel ban?

Anything else? The power ratings seem to be similar.

So what's the advice based on these parameters?

If it helps, I sold a diesel after driving for 97k kms in ~10 years and I'm in BLR.
Old 14th August 2019, 12:57   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Hector and seltos parked side by side.
Its funny they have the Bose sticker prominently showing on the rear quarter glass of the Seltos. They are really shouting out the Bose association!

Personally I've never been a fan of the Bose signature sound - its too mid-heavy.

Edit: It's at 0:17

Last edited by Eddy : 14th August 2019 at 15:21. Reason: removing video from quotes for better readability
Old 14th August 2019, 13:46   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post

I came across 'Build your own Kia' UK Website. Here's the link : Build your Own Kia
That's a huge collection of accessories in the Kia, UK website. Even, If they give about 10-15 options (initially) in India, many would opt for it.

Up-sizing of tyres, HUD, ICE, Cruise control, Fog lamps, Leather seats, auto folding rear view mirrors, rear wiper, 60:40 rear seats etc., are some of the items which can be added to the base version and enjoy the customization.

Last edited by jaaz : 14th August 2019 at 13:47.
Old 14th August 2019, 14:01   #1867
BHPian

Any one has information about "Water Wading Depth" for Kia Seltos?
Old 14th August 2019, 14:21   #1868
BHPian

I happened to see a Seltos on our roads today. I missed it totally and could make out it's Seltos only on the second glance, no marks for road presence.
There were no badges on the rear indicating variant or engine, so could not make out the variant. I overtook and saw the face from IRVM, looked underwhelming. GC seems to be on the lower side compared to Creta.
Old 14th August 2019, 14:32   #1869
BHPian

Kia Seltos Could Get A Diesel GT Line Variant!

Kia Seltos to come in two trims: Tech Line and the sportier GT Line.
Until now, the Seltos’ GT line was expected to get only the turbocharged petrol engine.

source
Old 14th August 2019, 14:39   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Seltos 1.4 DCT : 0-100 in 9.4 seconds

Do note that the road was wet.
Notice the 'Reduce speed' warning on the MID as soon as the speedo crosses 80? And seems like it stays on as long as the A pedal is pressed past that speed and only goes away past 100 when obviously there is no A pedal input since the car stops accelerating. Why not make it momentary? Or am I missing something?

I can understand this after 100 or 120...but at 80 itself?
Old 14th August 2019, 14:41   #1871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajparikh View Post
Any one has information about "Water Wading Depth" for Kia Seltos?
Number not out yet. And won't be of much significance. Its not a car to be used for water wading anyway. Its an urban SUV and so the performance will be on par. Given KIA's ties with Hyundai & platform sharing for Creta, they'll know whats the minimum safe requirement for Indian conditions & the car will get the job done in normal monsoon roads with foot deep water logging in our cities. That should be enough I think.

Its not a Jeep Compass Trailhawk.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 15:09   #1872
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
What should I think about?
DCT reliability vs TC - this is a big one
TC scores in this. If the DCT in the Seltos is a dry clutch design like the VW's infamous DQ200, then it will definitely have its fair share of issues in bumper to bumper traffic.

Mileage
I think the diesel would score her.

Higher maintenance on diesel?
Aren't the maintenance cost of a turbo petrol and diesel almost same these days?

Diesel ban?
This is one important factor that would tilt the scale in favor of the turbo petrol.

I would any day prefer a turbo petrol and TC combination for its refinement and reliability. But in the absence of this combination, my next preference would be the diesel + TC, followed by the turbo petrol + DCT.
graaja is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 15:14   #1873

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Notice the 'Reduce speed' warning on the MID as soon as the speedo crosses 80? And seems like it stays on as long as the A pedal is pressed past that speed and only goes away past 100 when obviously there is no A pedal input since the car stops accelerating. Why not make it momentary? Or am I missing something?

I can understand this after 100 or 120...but at 80 itself?
Government regulations. There's nothing a manufacturer can do about it. On the Hector it starts beeping once when you cross 80 and then continuously when you cross 120. And you can see nothing on the MID when the warning is on.
Old 14th August 2019, 15:16   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Number not out yet. And won't be of much significance. Its not a car to be used for water wading anyway. Its an urban SUV and so the performance will be on par. Given KIA's ties with Hyundai & platform sharing for Creta, they'll know whats the minimum safe requirement for Indian conditions & the car will get the job done in normal monsoon roads with foot deep water logging in our cities. That should be enough I think.

Its not a Jeep Compass Trailhawk.
Thank you for the reply, Reinhard. The only reason I am more concerned about water wading ability is, rains in India are almost unpredictable and the recent flood like scenario is common every year in most parts of India. I personally think, a minimum of 400mm water wading capability should be available in urban SUV's. Creta has ~400mm capability. So was interested to know about Seltos, as this one is close to being it's sibiling.

Compass 482mm
Ecosport 550mm
XUV500 350 mm
Creta ~400mm
pankajparikh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 16:43   #1875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Got some information regarding base variant pricing, ₹9.99 lakh is the price KIA is aiming at. If that's true they have got a blockbuster.
Interesting. Is this for Diesel or Petrol. The base variant is fairly stripped down. It takes at least three variants up from the bottom before you have a reasonable package one can live with, that has the essential features. I think the critical thing to watch will be the prices of the lowest auto variants, HTK+ Petrol and Diesel. I was hoping Kia will bring an auto variant under 10 lakhs.

The Nissan Kicks has come up with a pleasant pricing surprise in the Diesel XE variant at 9.89 lakhs, this is as well equipped as the Seltos HTK, with what appears to be a more mature and sorted platform for enthusiastic drivers. Kia has to at least beat this level of pricing.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks