Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2019, 15:53   #4156
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthusiast View Post
Nice to hear that. I have the following doubts:

1) Did you notice any dip in the overall mileage of the car ?

2) Do manufacturers approve such small up-sizing w.r.t warranty, or is there any upper limit set by the manufacturer for such changes ?
drop will be at max 0.5 kmpl

Dont think any of these have caused an issue . So pretty much sorted as of now
Alive2Drive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 20:08   #4157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I agree the layout looks better BUT another thing catches my eye as well - smaller AC vents. Assuming that bigger vents will give better airflow, I prefer the AC over the touchscreen layout.

PS: The same specs are launched in Australia as well. It seems this design/layout is India specific and could be for a reason.
So adults/kids don't try to pull the tablet out LOL. I worry the day when Tesla's are available in India and that floating tablet breaking is a commonplace thing.
panamera13 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 22:42   #4158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I have not been a fan of the big slab like design connecting the instrument console and the ICE screen on the Seltos...
I share your feeling as well.
I had made a similar observation when the Korean spec pictures were released, just when the car was about to be launched. I don't really understand why the India design is so different than the foreign versions and haven't seen a good justification for it either.

The foreign spec Seltos just feels so much more premium on the inside than the Indian spec. There is a certain European feel about the foreign spec layout.
To be fair though, one has to compare the Seltos with the Indian competition available right now and it does pretty well there.
I am hoping the design of the Seltos becomes more refined with the next facelift. It may take a few iterations but Kia may get there.

A really interesting thing would be to see, how, Kia designs its upcoming 4m subcompact SUV (codenamed QYI). We might just get the refined and premium design we want. (Hopefully, it is going to be revealed at the 2020 Auto Expo)
Vedant Gupta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 22:57   #4159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
The foreign spec Seltos just feels so much more premium on the inside than the Indian spec. There is a certain European feel about the foreign spec layout.
There was a discussion on this in the initial pages of this thread, this was probably done to cut costs, and to distinguish it from the interiors of a few rivals, who have a similar setup.
BZ25 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 03:07   #4160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
There was a discussion on this in the initial pages of this thread, this was probably done to cut costs, and to distinguish it from the interiors of a few rivals, who have a similar setup.
My dad just got the delivery of a GTX + Auto and initially I didn't like that dashboard/TV look as well. But again in the price range we didn't have more options without spending another 10 lakh.

I also don't like that it doesn't come in complete black interior. We bought it and it's ok, something we will get used to hopefully.
panamera13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 09:38   #4161
BHPian

Question for the owners of the HTX varient :
What accessories that is being mentioned in the basic accessories kit comes as default in the HTX model ?
anzrulz555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 11:49   #4162
BHPian

Any feedback on the 1.4L Turbo Manual transmission variants? Specifically about shift quality, clutch characteristics and overall driveability in city and highway conditions? Opinions from owners or those who have taken test drives would be useful in choosing between the manual and auto-DCT options in the GTX and GTX+ variants. Manual variants in the GT line are not available for test drives at many places.
cogWheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:08   #4163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
Any feedback on the 1.4L Turbo Manual transmission variants? Specifically about shift quality, clutch characteristics and overall driveability in city and highway conditions?
I own GTX manul, delivered on 1st week October. Its an absolute delight, no issues whatsoever in the shift quality. I had Punto for 10 years so its leagus ahead. Highway/bad road/curevy stretch manners are excellent, very less body roll for its ground clearance. Infact Im very surpirsed by its road manners and couldn't control my grin. It really makes you to push at the coreners

Regarding the main HU, I feel its excellent and thank designers for the same, and im happy that they haven't gone for the floating screen type. This is one of the interesting part in the interior section, nicely laid layout with lot of options. They wont hinder the visibility whatsoever, nicely jels with the interior. Infact I never liked the screen types of Nexon or Harrier.
vinya_jag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 17:19   #4164
BHPian

Planning to go for gtx plus dct. Wanted to know on insurance options and how do we take advantage of No Claim Bonus. I haven't had any insurance claims in last 8 years. Also, do Kia dealers allow outside insurance?
civic-dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 17:23   #4165
BHPian

My HTX+ D AT crossed 3000km - and 3.5 weeks of ownership. Yesterday, had a 6 hour non stop drive from Bangalore to Coimbatore - peaceful drive; console showed about 18.5kmpl which should be just about right since previous drive had also same mileage with tankfull to tankfull method. Of late, I am finding that the gear shift from P to R or N to R is not as smooth as before. There is mild resistance. No grinding or any noise while in R and driving though. P to D with gear shift button pressed happens smoothly as before. I am not sure if R is supposed to be a bit more forceful to engage due to safety reasons.

Other than that, only persistence annoyance is the tyre noise from Good Years on some sections of the highway.

Had to triple check and escalate to GM Sales at my dealer (JSP Kia Hosur Road) about number plates. As I had suspected, they had applied for this 2.5 weeks after delivery and after my escalation mail only. Still don't understand how hard is to have a checklist for car delivery when they are delivering about 30 cars per month!!!
vsbabu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 22:27   #4166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
Question for the owners of the HTX varient :
What accessories that is being mentioned in the basic accessories kit comes as default in the HTX model ?
In any model you book they add the basic kit. I believe its instructed by Kia. It's worth around 8,000. The deal is really stupid. You get to choose any accessories you want up to Rs.8000. So basically you are paying for your accessories.

I removed the basic kit from my bill cause I never wanted to spoil my car with horrifying chromes. I instead will buy 7D mats and a boot mat from Kia itself.

I'm not sure how the 7D mat looks. If anyone has installed 7D mats from Kia please let me have a look as per that I'll decide if I want to get it done from Kia or from another source.
momsonlydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 11:51   #4167

Hi,

Any owners of HTX 1.5 Petrol MT out here. I have booked one on Sep 21st but haven't got it delivered yet. At the time of booking, my SA promised that it'll be delivered before Diwali. Now whenever i call my SA yesterday, he doesn't even answer. So I had to visit the showroom yesterday. The manager there says that there are 7 others who booked the same variant in their showroom since July/August. And at best, i can expect in the second half of December.

This is the Automotive Kia showroom at Nagole, Hyderabad. The manager suggested me to try the GTK variant which is a bit above the HTX price and it can be delivered much earlier. I'm think if this a a push from Kia to go for the GT variants. Just wanted to check if the situation is the same everywhere or if anyone else got this variant delivered elsewhere.

Thanks!
Old 24th November 2019, 12:41   #4168

Thank you moderators for accepting me into this community.

Got my GTX dual tone petrol DCT. Driven about 1000kms .. not disappointed at all. Loving every bit of it. Made my booking for the HTX ivt on the 24th October, I got a call from my booking agent ten days later asking me if I wanted to upgrade to a GTX cause they got one just delivered to the dealership ready for the taking.

I went checked it out, inspected and tested the car and took delivery the next day. White and black looks stunning. Many people mistook it for a smaller Range Rover. Got some additional chrome put which just brings out the details more.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-fa2c4827e84e49f58091d794587a8d68.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-10ff1dfd787d4c1a8b10ecf4d108954c.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2287a60e0fb04d058ed13add7faaa9e3.jpeg  

RT16 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 13:09   #4169
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I am new here. First of all I would like to thank the moderators for approving my request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitu_vsk View Post
Just wanted to check if the situation is the same everywhere or if anyone else got this variant delivered elsewhere.

Thanks!
I had booked HTK+ on 2nd of Oct. After 6 days, I got a call from dealer that my car was received. I told them I wanted it to be delivered on 25th. On 20th, I made a call to check the status and I was told that the piece received was damaged (may be sold to some other guy, I wish there was a way to track the booking) so it would take more time.

Now even after more than 30 days I am still waiting. Every alternate day I get a call from dealer offering other variants or colour. As of now I am not considering any other variant, But with the rumours of price rise on Ist Jan, I might go for HTX or HTK+ D. I hope all goes as planned, stretching my budget further will be painful.
gkg2423 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 14:05   #4170

I would like to thank the Team BHP administrators for accepting my membership.

I have been following Kia Seltos since its launch. I drive a Honda Amaze Petrol (2015 model 52,000kms done) and it has always been by my side. Never gave me any trouble.

When I decided to buy a new car, for a change wanted an SUV, crossover. And I couldnt think beyond the Seltos. Of course Creta was always on my mind (still is) but the abundance of features and proportionate look made me settle for the Seltos.

The only thing that bothered me was its road presence when seen from the rear. But as many Bhpians pointed out its more about the driving experience.

Just a look at the creta/seltos rear size comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-055fbf0647d44d2e93321d3df4367c06.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-63ff688b114f4a0aadfc1aa9e4012e34.jpeg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-be3bc914e1244fb48c89507046476035.jpeg  

docahmer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks