Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2019, 15:42   #4186
ADB
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
after experiencing my GTX Seltos for 3 weeks, I have a feeling that the suspension/ride is not upto the mark. Potholes, bad roads are getting felt badly everytime I pass over them(irrespective of speed). Tyre pressure is maintained at 35. Tyres are stock Goodyear. Is something wrong?
The ride is poor at 35 PSI. I have kept it at 32 for the past month and have seen it improve drastically. Though the tyres are pretty bad. Changing those will improve the ride even further.
ADB is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 17:49   #4187
BHPian

Keep an eye on the transmission gauge in bumper to bumper. Keep the brake pressed completely in traffic stops. It could be either D or N or P. But keep the brake pressed and try and move only after the vehicle in front has moved a bit. That is don't move immediately, which is one big reason for the heating up. I noticed my transmission moving up but with the above, I could bring it one or two bars down and maintain it halfway without seeing orange or red.
Tjv777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 19:24   #4188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
The ride is poor at 35 PSI. I have kept it at 32 for the past month and have seen it improve drastically. Though the tyres are pretty bad. Changing those will improve the ride even further.
What would be a good replacement Tyre for Seltos?
civic-dk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 20:19   #4189
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
What would be a good replacement Tyre for Seltos?
I think some other members have changed here and spoken about it. Michelin primacy 4 ST. You should search this thread.
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 20:38   #4190
BHPian

Quote:
Won't less pressure affect the suspension, mileage or something else. Many guys recommend 33 psi for a better ride, whereas the dealers recommend 35 PSI for 1000 kms.
gkg2423 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 22:32   #4191
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
Won't less pressure affect the suspension, mileage or something else. Many guys recommend 33 psi for a better ride, whereas the dealers recommend 35 PSI for 1000 kms.
I think that lower tyre pressure (at 32 psi) will not affect the suspension. The mileage drop will be negligible (< 1 KMPL) which is negligible for a 20 lac car. The trade-off is worth it in my opinion (ride quality vs mileage).

Experts on this topic can pitch in.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th November 2019 at 01:17. Reason: Typos and punctuation. Please proof-read before posting.
ADB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 06:35   #4192
BHPian

Quote:
The ride is poor at 35 PSI.
The ride is definitely stiff. It crashes over potholes
At speeds above 50kmph, it is much better.
I still cant understand why it rolls so much at corners with such a stiff suspension.
I should have changed the tyres to Primacy 4. After 1200km run in 3 weeks, I have now got used to the stiffer suspension. Or is there any running in of the new springs?
sandygordon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 08:29   #4193
BHPian

Hello folks, 3 questions for you good folk.

Booked the HTX+ last Thursday and even then the SA told me that they had a cancellation and a Gravity Grey (the colour all my cars are) was available on the spot.

Excited I booked it (test drove the Harrier and Hector and for various reasons rejected them, tried bargaining for a good deal with the Creta top end, and the pricing was still higher than the Kia and went for the Kia), paid the advance and yesterday the full amount was paid.

Now am worried (buyers regret?) That I might get cheated with some TD model as everyone else in this forum had waited weeks if not months to get delivery.

I have insisted on a PDI and wanted to check if the PDI will catch any issues or it being a possible TD car...or am I just being overly paranoid?

The second question is the seat covers, I hate beige, one trip with my kid and his friends = bye bye seat. However with it being ventilated and cooled and all, i figure there is no after market installation that will save it.

Is there any solution that can help me mitigate this issue?

Finally planned on doing the following with 3M:

1) Paint protection film - bumper & key areas

2) Underbody rubber coating

3) Sun control film (with Max transparency to follow the 70% law)

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks guys.

P.S.: Booked it at Kun Kia Anna Nagar Chennai and the SA Ganesh has been very efficient thus far. I loved that they allowed me a long test drive as well and never whined, unlike the Hector guys.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th November 2019 at 08:39. Reason: Formatting improvements.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 08:52   #4194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Now am worried (buyers regret?) That I might get cheated with some TD model as everyone else in this forum had waited weeks if not months to get delivery.

I have insisted on a PDI and wanted to check if the PDI will catch any issues or it being a possible TD car...or am I just being overly paranoid?
Ask the service executive to send you the VIN number and photo of ODO reading asap.

Here is the PDI checklist for you:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach..._checklist.pdf

All the best
gutsy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 09:05   #4195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
Ask the service executive to send you the VIN number and photo of ODO reading asap.

Here is the PDI checklist for you:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach..._checklist.pdf

All the best
Thanks bro. A noobie here, can i search the VIN online?
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 09:37   #4196
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro. A noobie here, can i search the VIN online?
Yes, you can search and decode.

https://www.faxvin.com/vin-decoder/kia
gutsy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 09:37   #4197
BHPian

Quote:
You can see this by using the Kia link app.
Thank you for this. I have installed it and I can see my service history and the billed amount, however, the rest of the functions of the App requires the Kia Link via the ODB. Am I missing something or given Seltos is already a connected car, this can be pulled out? Any other useful feature in this app.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Reduce tyre pressure to 32psi and then feel the ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
Maybe you can try at around 31 psi on all tyres (for city ride) and then check in case the ride is any better.
Quote:
The ride is poor at 35 PSI. I have kept it at 32 for the past month and have seen it improve drastically. Though the tyres are pretty bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
The ride is definitely stiff. It crashes over potholes
At speeds above 50kmph, it is much better.
I still cant understand why it rolls so much at corners with such a stiff suspension.
I should have changed the tyres to Primacy 4. After 1200km run in 3 weeks, I have now got used to the stiffer suspension. Or is there any running in of the new springs?
I have been running between 30-31psi on cold start, which increases to 32-33 as the tyres get some heat in them. I have since last 2000km not been required to refill them, as the TPMS is always on the cue whenever I get the tank filled. As long as you remain above 30psi, TPMS doesn't throw an error. Although if you have managed to go under even once then you have to go to around 34-35psi to get rid of the error and then bring it back to the desired 31psi.

There is no question the ride is stiff and it crashes. I had a car-pool with my friend where we alternated his Creta P-AT and my Seltos D-AT and the ride is much plusher in the Creta, no two-ways about it, which by the way also comes shod with the GY Assurance. And I also do not like given the firm suspension that the car leans in corners, however, it is a big and heavy crossover, which I feel still manages to carry decent speeds in corners and given ample confidence to the driver. My friend also whenever he drives my Seltos loves the power of the D-AT and also the added road-grip feeling over his Creta. According to him, it feels like a segment above (with the ride behaviour and the plush interiors), so I guess that is the plus.

Quote:
I think that lower tyre pressure (at 32 psi) will not affect the suspension. The mileage drop will be negligible (< 1 KMPL) which is negligible for a 20 lac car. The trade-off is worth it in my opinion (ride quality vs mileage).

Experts on this topic can pitch in.
I do not think that either the mileage or the suspension will get affected b/w 31-35psi as you barely notice any difference in the stance of the tyres. However, at 35psi it is just quite HARD.

Quote:
Hello folks, 3 questions for you good folk.

Booked the HTX+ last Thursday and even then the SA told me that they had a cancellation and a Gravity Grey (the colour all my cars are) was available on the spot.

The second question is the seat covers, I hate beige, one trip with my kid and his friends = bye bye seat. However with it being ventilated and cooled and all, i figure there is no after market installation that will save it.

Is there any solution that can help me mitigate this issue?

Finally planned on doing the following with 3M:

1) Paint protection film - bumper & key areas

2) Underbody rubber coating

3) Sun control film (with Max transparency to follow the 70% law)

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks guys.

P.S.: Booked it at Kun Kia Anna Nagar Chennai and the SA Ganesh has been very efficient thus far. I loved that they allowed me a long test drive as well and never whined, unlike the Hector guys.
Well congratulations on the upcoming acquisition, yours is the exact same spec as mine.

The wait on the D-AT HTX+ was excruciating when I bought it, so your suspicion is justified and please be careful.

I have driven close to 3k now and had it over nearly 2 months. I have 2 kids at home ~3.5 and 1.5, so I can assure you the seats take their beating and I am worried as well.

To get some peace of mind, I had got a ceramic protection done inside and out and so far the interiors are holding up well, but I guess too early to tell. Else some bhpian in this thread had shared his experience where he had got his GTX+ DCT interiors converted to all black through after market person recommended by the Kia Salesman. The pictures looked amazing and the quality seemed top-notch. He had managed to get this around the airbags and the seat ventilation, and he seems to be comfortable with it, so that is another way to go if you want.

I hope you are aware that the Seltos has diamond-cut glass (tinted to reduce the heat and UV effect), which should IMO work like a sun-film. Add to that you have the rear blinds as well, thus, I feel you can do without the sun-films completely. Anyway you can try it out and get them installed later, if required.

In Delhi I had a totally opposite experience with the Kia and MG showrooms. The Kia showroom experience was as pathetic as Hyundais or MS, the sales rep were dis-organised, didn't knew much, didn't care or bothered for the customer as the sales just kept happening and the showrooms had no differentiation or 'wow' factor. Further Kia has leant no ears to any customer feedback or complaints so far and just refuses to even respond.

On the other hand, MG was like a breath of fresh air, everything from the word go was meant to pamper the customer and make him feel he is spending 20big ones. Even the customer care support, loyalty programme, free accessories, half tank to 15L fuel at the time of delivery, etc has all been a total departure from the showroom experience that we are used to in India.

At least that was my experience for both of them in the early days of launch.
AGwagon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 11:49   #4198
BHPian

hi fellow BHPians, I wanted to know if we could transfer the NCB certificate from old car ( sold) to the new one even if it is of a different class ? Has anyone in this forum done this transfer successfully ?
Old 26th November 2019, 14:12   #4199
BHPian

Members, any guidance on finance from Kia? Sorry if this has been covered in the past, I have missed it. If anyone has taken it, how has the experience been?

I had taken a TD of an HTX about a month ago, the sales rep said Kia does finance. I currently own a Polo which was financed by VW Finance and I got a very good interest rate, almost 200 bips below bank rates, and if I do decide to go for Kia, I'm hoping for lower rates from them as well.
Old 26th November 2019, 15:24   #4200
BHPian

Finally got delivery of my Seltos HTX diesel manual over the weekend. Delivery experience was average. My SA explained the features of the infotainment system and helped connect my phone with the Uvo app. That was it.

As soon as I drove off I realised the fuel gauge was at its absolute lowest and began hunting for a fuel pump. If Kia can charge some Rs.24k odd for accessories, would it kill them to add fuel worth Rs.1000 when they deliver the car, just so that the customer is not inconvenienced. Also tyre pressure was at 45 psi presumably for transporting the car. I had to bring it down to 35. Its these little things a dealer can do for better customer satisfaction.

Anyway, the car is a pleasure to drive. It feels fantastic. The engine is very responsive and gear shifts are super smooth. The ride quality and handling are also really impressive. Makes one feel that you are driving a much more expensive car. I would even go further to say that it is as close to a Mercedes/BMW driving experience as you can get with a non luxury brand. Its really worth every penny spent and its no wonder that the Seltos is getting such a fabulous response from the indian market. It is truly well deserved.
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks