Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2019, 08:28   #4291
BHPian

Has anybody done matting of Seltos complete floor pan. The accessory guy I talked to says he will have to remove all the seats to do it. Any issues with that?
Old 3rd December 2019, 08:51   #4292
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In particular, the Diesel + Automatic combination I'm driving today is flawless. Of all the mainstream cars I've driven in 2019, the Seltos Diesel AT is the one I want to keep home .
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Thanks for sharing the tidbit and rousing the curiosity about the Diesel AT being your pick as compared to the Petrol 7 DCT. I am a Dieselhead and will go with that but really made me curious though, given how people seem to be preferring the Petrols these days. I guess we have to wait for the full review to solve the mystery
I am a Dieselhead too, but given I have now owned many Oil Burners I wanted to take the more refined and silent Petrol. Took B-2-B TDs of both Petrol DCT and the D-AT and the tractability of the Diesel won it for me. No need of a Sport Mode, or any ECU mapping just the Diesel Torque is enough to put a smile on your face every time some gap in the traffic opens up and you pin the throttle!

Have now completed 3.5k Kms and I am absolutely loving it! I have to agree with GTO out of all the cars I had considered from a segment above as well, this is the one I feel is the All-rounder of the lot! and boy oh boy has Kia really milked this timing. To become the 4th largest in 3 months of launch with a single product.

Tip of the Hat to KIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Noticed from the above video that the Dubai spec has the same dashboard like our Indian Seltos just that it adds a few physical buttons too. Personally it feels crowded. It's alright.
Besides the continuous screen-ODO setup, the IRVM is different, no UVO buttons, full array of sensors I am guessing behind the IRVM.

Just like MG then I guess, India is one of the few markets who has an appetite for Connected Cars 'NOW'. Mg or Baojun also had the Hector without the connected car features in many countries. Is it demand related or more to do with data privacy and protection regulations where India is a fair game whereas other countries aren't?
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:11   #4293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Kia Seltos is a real head-scratcher. Kia managed to dispatch 14,005 Seltos(s) in November. That is as big as Mahindra's passenger sales number and way bigger than Tata's (10,400!).
One of the reasons is their variant spread. Right from 11.5L OTR to ~22L OTR(Bangalore), there's a seltos for everyone. That I feel is the biggest spread ever witnessed for any car. Everyday I see a bunch(atleast 3-4) of delivery ready Seltos' while they are being driven to Hosur road dealership. No wonder they are doing these excellent numbers. Way to go KIA

Secondly no matter how much we keep repeating that its a new entrant, most of the clientele is well connected to internet/news these days. So everyone knows it very well that its afterall backed by Hyundai and hence the confidence. Period!!! And that's actually a good thing as KIA has banked in on hyundai's decades of experience in our market and offered the perfect product at perfect time. With pathetic road conditions almost everywhere , everyone needs a crossover now mainly because they come with high GC. Ofcourse they need to come with good set of features both usable and blingy. Seltos has all this and the umbrella of trust associated with Hyundai. Would be interesting to see if they can sustain these numbers once Creta 2.0 comes in, but either ways I believe hyundai would be happy

Last edited by SoumenD : 3rd December 2019 at 09:36.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 10:11   #4294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Has anybody done matting of Seltos complete floor pan. The accessory guy I talked to says he will have to remove all the seats to do it. Any issues with that?
You mean the vinyl flooring? We had done this on our Vento and I personally wouldn't recommend it because:

1) It looks tacky. The finish won't be perfect.
2) Mats will slip. We had to buy rubber mats but dust wouldn't settle.
3) Due to the above point, the sand/stones were easily visible on the floor. Had it been the OEM carpet, it wouldn't be that visible.
4) The only advantage I saw was that it was easy to clean.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_2607.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_2605.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_2600.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 10:30   #4295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You mean the vinyl flooring? We had done this on our Vento and I personally wouldn't recommend it because:

1) It looks tacky. The finish won't be perfect.
2) Mats will slip. We had to buy rubber mats but dust wouldn't settle.
3) Due to the above point, the sand/stones were easily visible on the floor. Had it been the OEM carpet, it wouldn't be that visible.
4) The only advantage I saw was that it was easy to clean.
Thanks for your valuable inputs, Naveen, I will give it a miss then and look to buy a set of good foot mats.
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:00   #4296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
One of the reasons is their variant spread. Right from 11.5L OTR to ~22L OTR(Bangalore), there's a seltos for everyone.
Yes, most likely. It would be interesting to see the variant-wise dispatch breakup, if we could. Any idea, which could be the most selling variant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Would be interesting to see if they can sustain these numbers once Creta 2.0 comes in, but either ways I believe hyundai would be happy
I am curious to know Creta's Nov 2019 numbers.. also the combined numbers for Creta + Seltos
Old 3rd December 2019, 17:29   #4297

My SA called me and said my car (GTX+ DCT) is in the yard. I am going do PDI tomorrow. Is there anything specific i need to look far ? If everything looks good, then i will pay the amount.

I looked at policy bazar for insurance. The zero deprecation insurance for 1 year + 3 year third party maintenance with maximum IDV costs around 40-48K (Tata AIG & United India Assurance). However the initial breakup sent by dealer shows it's 62K. Is there any dis-advantage in taking Insurance outside ? I don't have NCB as i didn't own the car for last 4 years.

The price breakup also showed 8K for the basic kit. What do they provide ?

What other accessories should i opt from Kia ? I want a good floor mat which is easier to clear dog hair and mud.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd December 2019, 19:12   #4298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suviswan View Post
Is there any dis-advantage in taking Insurance outside ? I don't have NCB as i didn't own the car for last 4 years.

The price breakup also showed 8K for the basic kit. What do they provide ?
Thanks in advance.
I took insurance from outside (Tata AIG) for my GTK. It saved me 20k. One disadvantage may be the unavailability of cashless facility.

I have attached the price breakup of the accessories which are part of the basic kit which I got from my dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-basickit.jpg  

sidhegde is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 19:48   #4299
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your valuable inputs, Naveen, I will give it a miss then and look to buy a set of good foot mats.
I have done complete covering without removing the seats and then put the mats on top of that. I don't have pics, will share it later. The complete covering costed me 5k + excluding mats cost(seat removal also they have and quoted 4k). The shop I went to is Indian De'cars Gachibowli.
Old 3rd December 2019, 21:37   #4300
BHPian

Seltos Test Drive is still hard to get. I have tried twice but on both occasions, was not able to get a manual diesel or petrol(HT) test drive even after waiting for more than an hour.
Due to unwelcomed experience at KIA showroom coupled with expected price increase from 1st Jan, tried looking for an alternative.

Found out that Captur is being offered at 3 lac cash discount.
So now just for 10 lac plus RTO taxes plus insurance, I can get Captur Platine diesel.

So Seltos HTX diesel(13.79 lac ex-showroom) vs Captur Platine Diesel(9.99 lac ex-showroom after discount):
Advantage Seltos: BS6 engine, maybe better engine, better steering, better 10 inch touch screen and UVO
Advantage Captur: Better ride quality, 210 mm GC, extra airbags(no side airbags in Seltos HTX), 4 lacs cheaper and no waiting !!!

What you guys think, at the time when Captur is struggling to sell even 100 units in a month, is it wise to go with Captur because now it is being offered at huge discount of 3 lac!
SahilS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 21:45   #4301
BHPian

Quote:

I got the 3M Nomad mats installed. Very happy with these. They trap all the muck very effectively.
Old 3rd December 2019, 21:55   #4302
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday (01-12-2019) was caught in the middle of a "mother of all gridlocks" seeing me covering 5-6 kms in 2.5 hours, I was just thinking what would have happened if I had a DCT gearbox, would it have thrown an "overheating transmission" warning?? Ended up doing almost 8 hours of driving where it should have been 6 hours. I was coming from Salem to Chennai. I would rather pick a diesel/torque converter or a petrol 1.5/CVT than a DCT.
Old 3rd December 2019, 21:59   #4303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post

So Seltos HTX diesel(13.79 lac ex-showroom) vs Captur Platine Diesel(9.99 lac ex-showroom after discount):
Advantage Seltos: BS6 engine, maybe better engine, better steering, better 10 inch touch screen and UVO
Advantage Captur: Better ride quality, 210 mm GC, extra airbags(no side airbags in Seltos HTX), 4 lacs cheaper and no waiting !!!

is it wise to go with Captur because now it is being offered at huge discount of 3 lac!
Honestly, a lot depend upon your needs and reasons to buy a car.

On paper, it does make a lot of sense as there are lot more features that you will get with Captur, such as: Beefy tyre - 215/60 R17, Electronic Stability Program, Hill Assist & Brake Assist, Rain Sensing Wipers etc.

Yes, 4 lacs is indeed a lot of money and its dual tone is a head turner.
gutsy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 22:35   #4304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Last Sunday (01-12-2019) was caught in the middle of a "mother of all gridlocks" seeing me covering 5-6 kms in 2.5 hours, I was just thinking what would have happened if I had a DCT gearbox, would it have thrown an "overheating transmission" warning?? Ended up doing almost 8 hours of driving where it should have been 6 hours. I was coming from Salem to Chennai. I would rather pick a diesel/torque converter or a petrol 1.5/CVT than a DCT.
I feel we are overthinking on this. Wouldn't the manual mode solve this ?
Old 3rd December 2019, 22:54   #4305

I got my 1.4 7DCT 5 days back. As one of the BHPians suggested the way to drive in bumper to bumper traffic I just switch from D to N (you dont have to press the button the gear lever for that) and apply the brakes if I am stationary. I didn't observe any heating issues with this method. (of course driven only for 5 days)

Things that I am loving about it right now

1. Excellent acceleration (I took the diesel automatic and the HT line petrol model for test drives and they weren't so impressive in my opinion) and I don't miss driving my manual. and this is the normal mode.. Sports mode is a different level altogether.

2. Love the tech. I am able to check the cars status on my phone (doors locked/unlocked, engine, fuel information, car service interval etc). As soon as I reach my destination the UVO app updates my trip info with total distance, average speed, highest speed, with the map.

3. The 360 deg camera is wonderful and very useful. Everyone who saw this was amazed at the tech this car has.

4. Bose speakers are good, sound is crystal clear.

5. The blind spot camera view in MID when you activate the turn signals is helpful.

6. Automatic rain sensing wipers. the speed adjusted according to the rainfall.

7. Automatic headlights.

8. The rear seats are more spacious than the Creta, and have the reclining option.

9. The large infotainment system, UVO call center connectivity (for directions pushed directly to your car display)

10. Looks are stunning, the interiors are premium.

11. The side view mirrors open and welcome you when you come close to the car with the key. (Had a lot of fun with the kids and showed them 'Magic' power of my hands)

A few things that I didn't like/ facing problems with,

1. Ride quality slightly stiffer than Creta

2. Rattling sound from the parcel tray (can anyone suggest how to fix it?)

3. The display dims and comes back to normal brightness on its own (Has anyone else faced the same issue?)

4. The IRVM appears to be too bright at night. Is there anyway I can dim it?

5. Appears smaller than Creta when viewed from the rear in traffic. But you will get used to it.

6. Cabin can get noisy if you open the fabric roof sheet even with the sunroof closed

7. I switch on the transmission temperature display in the MID when driving in heavy traffic and gets me worried sometimes.

But all in all I feel I have made the right decision. Money worth spent.
Does any other car/SUV provide so many features, phone connectivity etc?
docahmer is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks