Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 15:16   #4261
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
One of my cousin recently bought a Hyundai Creta AT, I asked him why didnot he considered Kia Seltos. He gave me a few reasons one of them being the car has "not a lot of road presence".
Since this is a very personal and subjective thing, we can't judge anything as right or wrong. All thoughts are only right - for the owner of the thought .
Quote:
Today, I was going to my office and in front of me was Kia Seltos and I passed it as Brezza untill we reached red signal traffic stop. This argument of my cousin immediately striked me that the car really has very low road presence. In almost all the photos the car looked as big as Creta (and maybe it is?), but in reality this car when viewed from outside as a package looks smaller in size.
IMO - the Seltos looks right-sized for our roads. Not just a sub4M SUV and not a behemoth like a Safari Storme.

Compared to the Creta - Seltos sure looks larger. Especially from rear - the lower trim Cretas that don't have roof-rails actually appear much smaller than a Brezza.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 15:55   #4262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkg2423 View Post
I do not think Kia is not delivering these colours. But their allocation seems to be a full non sense. They are just allocating the cars randomly to the dealers. I had booked online and colour selected was Gravity Gray. But I told dealer Red would be fine too. And the colour allocated to me was Red. And 4 days before my allocation white was allocated, while dealer was telling me I was 1st in the list. So I believe Kia is too busy to check the demand list. Just producing it randomly and allocating.
I understand that, ultimately it comes to the point, why launch with colors when you can't deliver 4 months after a booking, that too mine being in the single digits at that dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docahmer View Post
I booked the white colour. Actually yesterday I got a call from another dealer whom I had contacted before for white 7DCT, saying one vehicle is available. Told him I already paid and scheduled for delivery today.
Yes I was offered to pick white, black, grey, silver and red. Only color that wasn't offered to me as an alternative to the blue is orange. Even orange they offered me in the manual version of the top end.
Old 29th November 2019, 19:50   #4263
BHPian

Picking up my car tomorrow. Will update with the overall experience. Haven't seen the car before the delivery. Is it normal?
Old 29th November 2019, 21:47   #4264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Picking up my car tomorrow. Will update with the overall experience. Haven't seen the car before the delivery. Is it normal?
Congratulations! Always recommended to do a PDI before invoicing.
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 22:13   #4265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
The LED headlights on the GTX model are not projectors. They are reflector based LED headlights.

2 outer reflectors used for low beam
The inner 2 reflectors used for high beam.

Similar to the Honda City’s LED headlights.
After using Octavia's setup I am quite impressed with LED+Projectors. Compass still has a great HID+Projectors setup hmm.
Old 30th November 2019, 06:53   #4266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of my cousin recently bought a Hyundai Creta AT, I asked him why didnot he considered Kia Seltos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Compared to the Creta - Seltos sure looks larger. Especially from rear - the lower trim Cretas that don't have roof-rails actually appear much smaller than a Brezza.
Interesting decision to go with Creta. I for one would recommend the Seltos since it is fundamentally a superior vehicle than a Creta due to the Elantra platform. Current gen Creta is based on the i20 Platform. This would of course change with the 2020 Creta when it gets the same Elantra platform.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 13:23   #4267
BHPian

Quote:

Today, I was going to my office and in front of me was Kia Seltos and I passed it as Brezza untill we reached red signal traffic stop. This argument of my cousin immediately striked me that the car really has very low road presence. In almost all the photos the car looked as big as Creta (and maybe it is?), but in reality this car when viewed from outside as a package looks smaller in size.

I would agree with the Brezza part as I experienced the same. But with the lower variants. I used to literally hunt for Seltos on road when i had booked it (I still do) Once i was in my society when a Brezza was coming out of a building in reverse and I was in the way. I could just see the from corner of my eye as i was looking the other way. When I turned around I realised that damn that is a SELTOS. Tail Lamps on the lower variants do give it a BIT of a Brezza feel if not looked properly. Talking about the road presence, yes it is a personal choice. I love it on road especially the all LED variants in the evenings and nights. So do my friends and family. Lets see till when it can stand out!
Kpaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 14:35   #4268
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Took the Kia Seltos out on the highway for the first time today (Aditya has taken it out thrice earlier, including both the MTs). All I can say is, this car is a well-engineered + premium + all-rounded crossover. In particular, the Diesel + Automatic combination I'm driving today is flawless. Of all the mainstream cars I've driven in 2019, the Seltos Diesel AT is the one I want to keep home .

Not sharing my usual short summary review as the Official Review is 60% complete. Will be up later in December.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191130-09.43.02.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191130-09.41.16.jpg
GTO is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 18:14   #4269
BHPian

Bhpians,

Does the Indian market Seltos T-GDI come standard with the Petrol Particulate Filter (GPF) to meet BS6 standards?
Old 30th November 2019, 18:34   #4270
Distinguished - BHPian

A performance version some time down the line? Looks yummy!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/k...bo-139413.html
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaseltosperformancerenderedquadexhaustsarebeggingfora2literturbo_1.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiaseltosperformancerenderedquadexhaustsarebeggingfora2literturbo139413_1.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 19:45   #4271
BHPian

Had an amazing day at Kia Motors. We collected our GTX+ DCT. They connected the car with UVO immediately and it functions totally normal. Had a small mishap, while the dealer guy was reversing the car into the showroom (due to the steep slop) the lower bumper scraped. They said they will fix it in the first service free of cost, as well as the rear parcel tray noise will be fixed.

Overall, the cake was tasty. I was sleepy (the guy in light blue shirt is me). Drove back home with full care while my dad was yelling around for no reason as usual. Filled fuel and is ready to be blessed tomorrow at church - first day of advent!
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img20191130wa0020.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191130_164013.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191130_164320.jpg  

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-20191130_191043.jpg  

momsonlydriver is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 07:46   #4272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
So the ground clearance difference due to two set of tyres is going to be '8.45 mm'
Do we have 205/70 R16 tyres selling in Indian markets? If so, this is the only best combination to overcome the GC issue in 16" alloys. What could be the cons of using this size compared to 205/65 R16?
Old 1st December 2019, 09:35   #4273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
the Diesel + Automatic combination I'm driving today is flawless. Of all the mainstream cars I've driven in 2019, the Seltos Diesel AT is the one I want to keep home .

Thanks. My decision for 2020 is made then!!
Eagerly waiting for the official review.
octane_100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 10:55   #4274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In particular, the Diesel + Automatic combination I'm driving today is flawless. Of all the mainstream cars I've driven in 2019, the Seltos Diesel AT is the one I want to keep home .
Thanks for sharing the tidbit and rousing the curiosity about the Diesel AT being your pick as compared to the Petrol 7 DCT. I am a Dieselhead and will go with that but really made me curious though, given how people seem to be preferring the Petrols these days. I guess we have to wait for the full review to solve the mystery
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 11:42   #4275
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Thanks for sharing the tidbit and rousing the curiosity about the Diesel AT being your pick as compared to the Petrol 7 DCT.
I haven't driven the Petrol AT yet. Scheduled for this week.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks