Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2019, 15:42   #4096
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
My UVO stopped working today. Is yours working? Any idea if there is an update available at the device centre or I should just reset again?
Yes, it is working absolutely fine since the reset.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 16:46   #4097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
What is the reason for the hike in price?

as per the sales guy, it is the regular price hike that happens every year by all manufacturers, moreover, there is saying that the price listed now is kind of introductory.
anzrulz555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 16:49   #4098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
This expected price hike from January onwards, will this apply only to new bookings from Jan onwards or will it apply to those who booked earlier in 2019 itself.

I am asking because I had booked mine on 11 Oct and the delivery is expected in early 2020. So will I be governed by the old 2019 price or the new 2020 price?

It depends on the Invoice date. If you have already been invoiced and are expecting a delivery in January then this does not hold good, however if you are getting it invoiced in January then there are chances that the pricing could be affected.
anzrulz555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 16:50   #4099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB View Post
When did you do this factory reset and when did you go to the service centre? Reason I ask is that I had reset my system on the 13th. It was working fine up until today, when the same issue cropped up. So I’m wondering if I should do another reset (takes time to redo the settings) or just go get the update.
First check the version you have in the car by going to system info. If it is xx.17..., then it is the latest working version. It's possible to do the factory reset yourself but re-do the whole configuration again in the car and on mobile(including uninstalling and reinstalling UVO in your mobile, adding car).
Old 20th November 2019, 16:56   #4100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzrulz555 View Post
as per the sales guy, it is the regular price hike that happens every year by all manufacturers, moreover, there is saying that the price listed now is kind of introductory.
Thats sad to hear, as most of the customers are still waiting for their cars. As per the rules new rates would be applicable as they have mentioned in conditions. MG on other hand is offering same price for the customers who have already booked before January 2020.
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-520ab91ae416490caed6f40f717152eb.jpeg
Maruti Suzuki already planning for the hike. As shared by one of our members in the Mumbai owners group.

Last edited by Kpaaz : 20th November 2019 at 17:26.
Old 20th November 2019, 16:57   #4101
BHPian

I have booked HTX Petrol recently. The delivery date promised is late December or early January 2020. My SA called me on Sunday and informed that a GTK is available for immediate delivery. As the price difference is only 70K and the features are more or less same, he was asking me to go for it.

In GTK I get 1.4 Turbo Engine, Spoiler and stylish ally wheels. But, I won't get UVO, smart air purifier, tyre pressure monitor.

Should I go for GTK? Please advise.
Old 20th November 2019, 17:06   #4102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthusiast View Post
I see many BHPians worried about DCT heating issues in Seltos, which I think shouldn't be a cause of concern for otherwise such a fantastic driving car. Take the 5 year warranty package + adopt some driving changes, and you should be good.

Even I have faced such heating issues thrice in my Stingray's AMT transmission while creeping in b2b traffic. Thats when I started to put the transmission to neutral whenever I come to a halt and guess what, no more heating issues since then. Though such constant acceleration and braking in b2b traffic causes jerky ride, it does gives a peace of mind from not over stressing the gearbox.
I have personally experienced this yesterday evening(have taken delivery on 9th Nov and have been observing). Just to observe the transmission temperature, I had kept the transmission info view in MID. I have adapted the recommended DCT driving practice but in bumper to bumper traffic, it becomes tricky when vehicles crawl. You have to keep moving slowly. Yesterday the transmission temperature reached orange colour but just 3 levels below red(temperature at the 2 horizontal markings). Frankly, I always shifted to neutral or kept the brake pressed fully on stopping. However, due to very low speeds & frequent braking/start/stop, the transmission temperature continued to rise and stayed at orange colour. After few minutes when vehicle started moving normally, the temp. dropped by 1 or 2 level in indicator. I think instead of crawling in traffic, we may have to have to keep some distance to be covered before shifting to D mode again(allow all two wheelers to surround you and fill every inch of space you leave )
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 17:15   #4103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I have booked HTX Petrol recently. The delivery date promised is late December or early January 2020. My SA called me on Sunday and informed that a GTK is available for immediate delivery. As the price difference is only 70K and the features are more or less same, he was asking me to go for it.

In GTK I get 1.4 Turbo Engine, Spoiler and stylish ally wheels. But, I won't get UVO, smart air purifier, tyre pressure monitor.

Seems like a good compromise. A more powerful engine and those lovely black interiors in exchange for a few fancy features. Of course, TPMS can be useful but I would not rate it as a critical safety feature like airbags & ABS. Air purifiers can be added as accessories.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 17:23   #4104
BHPian

Quote:

You can totally go for GTK as you get a powerful engine, and better set of alloys. But the things you will miss is Air Purifier, Perfume Diffuser, 10 inch screen, UVO connect & Auto Dimming IRVM. Rest all is ok. If you have booked the IVT variant for the ease of automatic then it will be a bad choice shifting to GTK. If you have booked the manual variant then switching to GTK is good option.
Old 20th November 2019, 17:36   #4105
BHPian

Attachment 1936927
Maruti Suzuki already planning for the hike. As shared by one of our members in the Mumbai owners group.[/quote]

Just wanted to highlight that the date in the screenshot is 1st January 2019.
murthy_p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 17:37   #4106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy_p View Post
Attachment 1936927
Maruti Suzuki already planning for the hike. As shared by one of our members in the Mumbai owners group.
Just wanted to highlight that the date in the screenshot is 1st January 2019.[/quote]

Thanks for clarification.
Old 20th November 2019, 17:37   #4107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
I think instead of crawling in traffic, we may have to have to keep some distance to be covered before shifting to D mode again (allow all two wheelers to surround you and fill every inch of space you leave )
Yes, you are right, that makes more sense. I usually slot the gear to neutral at traffic signals or situations where I anticipate the car will be stationary for more than lets say, 10 seconds. But in case of a moving b2b traffic, I do press the brake pedal completely when coming to a halt, and then press accelerator as gently as I can, as the traffic starts to move.

Although this can take some time getting used to, but its worth IMO.
Old 20th November 2019, 18:26   #4108
BHPian

Quote:

I was in the exact same dilemma around a month back. I had booked HTX Petrol MT in the beginning of September, but had informed my SA that I may switch to GTK if I did not like the performance of HTX. Since I was insisting on a test drive of a HT petrol manual variant, my SA took some approvals and arranged a small test drive of HTK petrol around a month back (official test drive car of HT petrol manual was not available). I did not like it much, it felt under-powered compared to my Verna. Immediately after the test drive I switched to GTK and got delivery of my car in 2 weeks. I'm loving the way the GTK drives. If you are not too particular about UVO (I wasn't), then I would say GTK is the better option. You can bring down the on-road price of GTK by 25-30k by buying insurance outside, choosing only the accessories needed and by opting for the 5 years/120000 kms extended warranty instead of 5 yrs/unlimited kms.
sidhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 19:00   #4109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
You can totally go for GTK as you get a powerful engine, and better set of alloys. But the things you will miss is Air Purifier, Perfume Diffuser, 10 inch screen, UVO connect & Auto Dimming IRVM. Rest all is ok. If you have booked the IVT variant for the ease of automatic then it will be a bad choice shifting to GTK. If you have booked the manual variant then switching to GTK is good option.
Thank you for your suggestion. I have 2 questions
(a) Does the Turbo engine require more maintenance/more careful driving compared to normal engine?
(b) It looks like Turbo engine is slightly low on fuel efficiency compared to normal engine.

Most of my driving is in City traffic with a couple of long distance drives in a year.

Does it still make sense to g for GTK? I appreciate your guidance.
Old 20th November 2019, 19:14   #4110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
This expected price hike from January onwards, will this apply only to new bookings from Jan onwards or will it apply to those who booked earlier in 2019 itself.
Usually, its the listed price on the delivery date is applicable.
vaasscit is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks