Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2019, 11:43   #4051
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Just saw this work around on one of the Seltos FB pages. Haven't yet tried it. Will do so tomorrow morning.
Thank you. This worked like a charm, and I was able to activate UVO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Folks, it's been a week since I took delivery of my car and still unable to Activate UVO connect, it gives the same standard message of contacting customer service. Has KIA not fixed their UVO issues yet? Looking forward for your feedbacks.
I wasn't able to activate UVO for more than a week, but was able to following the workaround suggested in video above.

After completing the steps in video, in your UVO App click 'Add Vehicle', enter VIN, and send code to vehicle. This time the code does appear on the AV screen. Key in the code in UVO app and activate it. After this for me everything - remote start/stop, lock/unlock etc., works perfectly from the app.

Note: The SIM, IMEI, VIN numbers in UVO modem information vanish after the reset, but come back after a restart of the car. Disclaimer: Not sure if this will work on all Seltos models, but worked like a charm on mine [GTX+ 7DCT].

Last edited by Eddy : 17th November 2019 at 20:21. Reason: Quoting a video hampers readability
aravindkumarp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 12:31   #4052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
Are you implying that Kia has delivered a half baked product
It is quite obvious, isn't it ? The frequency with which Kia owners are coming back with their experiences it is quite clear that Seltos is full of niggles and issues. Kia did not bother to resolve these issues before launch because it knew that people will buy their product come what may for 2 simple reasons ... A) indians love everything foreign and b) it's Hyundai lineage.

Hyundai took 20 years to become mainstream player in India and become a household name. Kia planned to ride on their back and achieve that milestone on launch. Casualty - Indian customers.

Hence it is always wiser to buy a car after 2-3 years of launch when all initial niggles, issues, problems are sorted out and facelift or 2nd gen is launched.
SaurabhB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 12:36   #4053

Hello,

I just got my Seltos GTX+ DCT, how is the fastag installed on the car? I don't see any fastag sticker? Secondly the way the number plate is installed in the boot is causing it to rattle a lot on bumps, do I need to reinstall it with some kind of accessory. Lastly the door visors are looking quite ugly, should I have them removed or is it better I have them installed.
autoenthu88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 12:43   #4054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthu88 View Post
Hello,

I just got my Seltos GTX+ DCT, how is the fastag installed on the car? I don't see any fastag sticker? Secondly the way the number plate is installed in the boot is causing it to rattle a lot on bumps, do I need to reinstall it with some kind of accessory. Lastly the door visors are looking quite ugly, should I have them removed or is it better I have them installed.
Stick some foam under your number plate. Door visors on any car is ugly so would suggest you to get it removed!
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 13:37   #4055
BHPian

800km update
1.4 GDI GTX Plus DCT - Intense Red
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2019111720191117_120244.jpg

Pros
- Easy to drive
- Steering is light but is not Hyundai light
- Good performance on tap
- Loaded with tech and all the features are useful, 360 degree camera is gold, ventilated seats are really nice in hot weather
- Respectable Fuel Efficiency - 10.5 (on tankful to tankful method, MID shows 11.2)
- Sports mode is really enjoyable
- Handling is good, body roll is present but contained
- Masks highish speeds (say 80-110kmph)

Cons
- Bose system does not live up to all the hype (like all other bose stuff, expected)
- Ride is a bit harsh at low speeds, would have loved a softer suspension. Still it rolls when pushed at corners.
- Tyre noise from the Goodyears annoying
- Turbo lag is a bit annoying in normal mode as it shifts quite early to 3rd gear from 2nd gear. No proper launch possible
- Would have loved a bit firmer seats with a wee more thigh support
- Windshield fogging issue present
- Sunroof glass is not at all soundproof.

Taking the car for first service next week

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-2019111720191117_120255.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 19:46   #4056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
800km update

- Bose system does not live up to all the hype (like all other bose stuff, expected)]
Have you gone through the equalizer settings? I maxed everything to 10, sounds pretty then.
BZ25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 09:50   #4057
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Have you gone through the equalizer settings? I maxed everything to 10, sounds pretty then.
Now I'm absolutely naive when it comes to audio equipment. But what you are suggesting - isn't that as good as leaving all at median position (default) & increasing main volume?
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 11:13   #4058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
But what you are suggesting - isn't that as good as leaving all at median position (default) & increasing main volume?
More or less, yes. Everything just sounds pumped up, nothing that audiophiles will appreciate.
Old 18th November 2019, 11:35   #4059

First post, thanks to teambhp for approving my membership!

Drove GTX+DCT for a 1100 km trip. Got really good FE of 16.3 kmpl on round trip and 17 kmpl on return trip. Uploading the MID screenshots.
NeelShah is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 13:51   #4060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
The question I have now is where to do the protective detailing in NCR/Chandigarh. We're in haryana so we have to drive either way.

1.) Which specific coating/brand should we go for?
2.) How much does it cost?
Congratulations on the recent acquisition. In NCR I went to Detailing Devils for ceramic coating. They I feel were the cheapest in the quote and I found the work to be fine. This is the first time, I have got a ceramic coating done so not sure if it is worth spending, but I had my reasons. It costed me 20k for a 3 year warranty service including the exteriors and interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Just a clarification but Return to Invoice pays only full ex-showroom of the vehicle, not full On-The-Road price with RTO Taxes and Insurance as far as I know, so the real difference is just extra 5% value of the car in the first year.
Jalaj, I'm afraid but you are absolutely wrong the 5% difference on the depreciation is only depreciation. The RTI is return to invoice and covers the complete OTR price, however some insurances will not reimburse you for the amount you had paid for the initial insurance. Also not only does it cover the OTR price, in some cases it will be required to cover the increase in prices of the ex-showroom cost if applicable (post the initial launch pricing).

My BIL had his Innova Crysta stolen about 6 months ago and he had taken a RTI, he was paid the entire OTR amount including the marginally increased current ex-showroom pricing. The issue is that most insurance personnel and the agents are still learning this. I had the same issue with my agent this time when I decided to take the RTI wherein, I asked him to get this understanding clarified in writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeelShah View Post
First post, thanks to teambhp for approving my membership!

Drove GTX+DCT for a 1100 km trip. Got really good FE of 16.3 kmpl on round trip and 17 kmpl on return trip. Uploading the MID screenshots.
Congratulations on the Seltos, those mileage numbers are simply brilliant given the DCT. Can you shed some more light on how you managed to get this. Also given you were uploading the MID screenshots, did you cross check this with actual tank-to-tank method?
Old 18th November 2019, 14:52   #4061

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Congratulations on the Seltos, those mileage numbers are simply brilliant given the DCT. Can you shed some more light on how you managed to get this. Also given you were uploading the MID screenshots, did you cross check this with actual tank-to-tank method?
My trip was from Surat, GJ to Rajkot, GJ with a lunch stop at Anand, GJ. So for reference, one can assume that out of the 1100 km trip, almost 200 kms were driven in city traffic and the rest on highway. Surat to Baroda is a six lane highway that very well laid out so I could maintain speeds of 80 to 110 kmph but Baroda to Ahemdabad via Anand, I was a little harsh because of the excellent expressway. From Ahemdabad to Rajkot, I drove at around 100 kmph throughout. The air conditioner was working at all times in the trip.

I was not able to calculate the FE by full-tank method. But will try to do that on the next trip.
Old 18th November 2019, 15:23   #4062

Quote:
800km update..
Definitely the Bose system is a real letdown. Although, if it can be tweaked through the amplifier placed below the passenger seat, there could be a lot of improvement but I am not sure it is doable. Have to check that out.
Additionally, I felt the ride quality is fine and perfectly balanced rather than the polo GT TSI which is extremely harsh. Anyways, it is a subjective choice but maybe you might want to check the tire pressure. ( Mine is at 34 ).

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th November 2019 at 15:35.
NeelShah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 20:26   #4063
BHPian

Quote:
800km update
Pros
- Easy to drive
- Handling is good, body roll is present but contained
- Masks highish speeds (say 80-110kmph)

Cons
- Ride is a bit harsh at low speeds, would have loved a softer suspension. Still it rolls when pushed at corners.

Taking the car for first service next week
How do you find the ride quality of the car? Is if stiffer than the Creta?
vikrantshete is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 22:42   #4064

Hello everyone,

After a lot of passive reading, finally getting to my first post on team-bhp. I have been a duster owner for 7 years, but had to sell it as i started noticing issues in ECM. Waited for 4 months till i got my hands on this vehicle.
Got a GTX DCT intense red-black dual tone.

Have now driven 2500kms. Have regular Mumbai pune trips, a round trip to Aurangabad, and in Mumbai traffic, and within Talegaon.
Some pics below. The comparison pic doesn't have all the vehicles aligned so appear bigger/smaller

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191112_131030__01__01.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191112_130142__01__01.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191018_115943__01__01.jpg
Compared to duster i found
1. Initially the ride quality was a lot stiffer at lower speeds, duster spoilt it for me with supernice Michelin tyres. However the suspensions seem to have eased out and I would say, it would be 80% of duster level, and may be higher with better tyres.
2. Very premium interiors, it feels 2 segments above
3. Much more stable at very high speeds (can reach 200s without much issue), though i ride mainly around 100-110 band.
4. Boot space seems much smaller due to placement of spare tyre inside the boot
5. Rear seat is much more spacious interms of leg space, width perhaps is same, and its' also very comfortable. Everyone appreciates the comfort at the back, and also at front. All black interiors are amazing.
6. Powerful AC, though duster had a seperate AC at the back, which was good too.
7. I liked duster's looks, this one too looks great and much more premium. Duster seemed wider (maybe due to the tyre bulges). Everyone loves it! I love the alloys too
8. U don't feel like pushing the vehicle too much at times, it does feel good in eco mode and sedate driving but boring, especially after riding duster. Normal is much better. Sports mode is phenomenal to drive! The way the central display changes with sports mode, seems like I have made it in life.
9. There is no sound of engine coming in, such a bliss using a petrol vehicle after using diesel.
10. Head lights give a wide coverage, and are very effective. Have used them in very heavy rains at night on a single lane highway, very useful.
11. Brakes are amazing

Other Pros
1. HuD is useful, though the map is not as intuitive as using Google maps, so u can't trust the route always.
2. For me UVO works. Initially there was a period it wasn't working so had to do a soft reset, as per call centre's suggestion, and no issues after that.
3. Highway mileage is 16-18 depending on speed/ghats etc on eco/normal modes. City mileage is 7ish in worst stretches of juhu tara/link road to 10/11ish in mix of lbs/eastern expressway. Have done only one tankful measurement with mix highway/city, had 12kmpl but didn't have MID reference. Will do it next time.
4. Sound with arkayms is really good, this is a subjective opinion coming after duster experience, though have bose system at home. Fading it two levels back makes a lot of changes
5. Infotainment is slick, and many customizations options are available.
6. First automatic for me, and DCT is awesome on non heavy traffic speeds

Cons
1. Although i have not faced temperature issues, max it has gone uphill on a flyover traffic is 7 levels. Still that running on back of your mind isn't fun, in traffic i have temperature screen on, which isn't what i want to think of. Wanted to check with team bhp guys, that can we shift to neutral when there is a small momentum at very low speeds or to cover small gaps, so that vehicle doesn't crawl in gear, but crawls in neutral. This is what I did in duster too, to avoid using half pressed clutch.
2. This is really not a con, but will take some time believe if this is really as robust as duster. Especially after so many gizmos and automatic
3. Still not getting used to the automatic wipers.
4. All door keys are not backlit
5. Not getting used to braking in traffic, as I want to avoid crawling on clutch, and if I push the accelerator a bit, then i 'd need to press the break hard to stop, and brakes being effective, this becomes at times a jerky experience. Though this is much better than before. A bit of crawling on neutral, and waiting for a bigger gap when possible, or just riding the clutch till a limit solves it. We are both getting used to each other

Regards,
Sidharth
Sidsterr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 22:44   #4065
BHPian

Good evening brethren. Test drove the new love interest of India, Seltos IVT, last Sunday and to me, it felt good. I currently own a Kicks petrol manual so all my comparison was with it. I didn't ask for a manual, my interest was only in an automatic so requested for an IVT. Overall, I experienced positive vibes while driving it.

But like any other individual, I too, have my share of observations:

1. Found built quality of Kicks to be better than Seltos

2. My Kicks gently creeps at a speed of 9 Km/hr when the clutch is fully released without pressing A pedal whereas Seltos IVT in D mode creeps at a speed of 5 or 6 Km/hr (love to be corrected) but after that both require an effort from A pedal.

3. The boot space of Kicks is better laid out when compared with Seltos.

4. Found the rear seat of Kicks to be wider than Seltos

5. Felt doors of Kicks to be heavy as compared to Korean beauty.

Not sure about how much Seltos weighs but Kia representative told me that GVW is 1400 Kgs, he wasn't aware of kerb weight, may I request owners to share this information.

No car is perfect and I too have my share of grouses with my Kicks so have started a project Stallion (performance mods without voiding the warranty, tough but doable).

Now a million-dollar question? Will I buy it, not sure, when I recently bought Kicks. One of the convenience with Seltos is it's automatic. But yes If I was in a market to buy a car, I will go for Seltos IVT, but who knows, I may trade my Stallion with this

Btw, I observed that while changing from N-D or D-N, the Seltos was shaking. I didn't experience this when I test drove Honda City CVT some 6 months back. Is it normal?
theguardian is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks