Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2019, 15:16   #3976
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhegde View Post
May be the quote you have got from them does not include tax. For my GTK whose ex-showroom price is 13.49L, the IDV is 13L. My agent had mentioned that generally 95% of the ex-showroom price is considered but he was flexible and was ready to keep the IDV as 13.49L too if I insisted.
Yes you were right, i did not sum up the tax amount. It is Rs.29838/- including taxes which is still a bargain. I will check through agents too. BTW IDV without 0% dep goes to 13 L on policy bazaar and when I add the 0% dep plan the IDV goes down to 11L have no clue why. Secondly do you have any idea if we insure the car with low IDV, will it affect my future claims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post
Got a call from dealer to allot a car to me but it seemed more like a call out of necessity than anything else because the minute I told them I needed two days time to take a longer test drive and decide, they allocated it to someone else.

Yes the demand of the car is intense. You shouldn't have let them allot the car to someone else until and unless you can wait. Btw which dealer have you booked it from?
Old 14th November 2019, 15:20   #3977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrust View Post
We reached the service center next morning to find that the car is OK now and Road test passed. As per the technical person, he reset the error in the scan and started the car and it was OK and also topped up the coolant
1) road test passed?

They need to get a life before they say this. KIA needs to roll up their sleeves in after sales support and not only focus on becoming a big brand in the country with the volume of sales. I know it’s new to them, but the car and customers have given them that success which no other company have gained from us. So they better start training their personnel and not only to do a road test before putting the car on ramp and doing a thorough scan of it. If otherwise, they’ll suffer the same fate which Skoda suffered in the initial days when their after sales suffered.

2) Technical person?

Perhaps, he’s more of a face of a tech person to convince the customers and making them to believe things have been taken care of proactively. But the issue is still burning within.

3) resetting the error?

Well, I believe most of our tech laden BHPIANS are already scanning their cars daily for any errors and are fixing it and not erasing it. Too sad they did this alone and not investigate what triggered the error.

4) topping up the coolant

Standard operating procedure followed by anyone and everyone. Something goes empty, just refill and move on. If it happens again, get it back we will refill for you! It’s not fuel for them to do so. They’re playing with a costly affair here if something goes wrong customer has to take a lot of hit here.

I did post about issues faced by Seltos owners.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4691795 (The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs)

While I agree Kia is pretty new and need sometime to setup their base of ops, it would’ve been acceptable if they’d arranged some alternative to you instead of just doing basic troubleshooting which wouldn’t have really helped much. I’m worried if the hot spill around the tank could damage other components / worse if it gets mixed up with engine oil, we are looking at engine damage which would be extremely costly and mental trauma to go through after shelling so much money.

Hope KIA improvises their customer support.

Last edited by gururajrv : 14th November 2019 at 15:24.
gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 15:30   #3978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
That is plain junk they're trying to tell you. It could be more of a mechanical failure rather than something that got ok after removing error codes. One reason why the owner must stay with car when the service center tries to fix it. If it was a thermostat issue and they've replaced it, there is no way you'll find it as I feel they wouldn't have added it to car's service data.
Could the heating be due to the viscosity of the oil? Since the car was running in sub zero ambient temperature?
Old 14th November 2019, 15:33   #3979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post
Also waiting for review from our Team-BHP to either go ahead and cancel my booking.
It is always better to wait for at least ver 2.0, we used to say when we talk about gadgets or software launch! This still applies to automobiles as well and to almost all the car manufacturers, including Toyota. Toyota follows production and Quality Control processes that are seem to be delivering Quality products one after another in terms of Reliability. It is not just coincidence. Most of the automobile companies still couldn't figure out how to deliver this level of quality. When I was searching for a SUV recently, I was actually torn between Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner. My heart went with Ford but mind pushed me to Fortuner, even with the higher price, because of the Innova I have and its trouble free ownership experience. Even Toyota struggled with new Innova with some small quality issues.

Seltos is a brand new car model for Kia even internationally. May be with some small amount of components sharing between Creta (current gen or the next gen). Basically, it is an unproven product to Indian conditions, both the car and the brand. But is it so serious to cancel the booking? I will say, yes, if you do not want to go through the pain of those teething troubles. But, the engines they are using and other core drive train components are all taken from their other vehicles (1.5 cc petrol engine etc). So, nothing to worry. Kia is here to stay and we know about its sister Hyundai's A-S-S. You can be rest assured of support. Otherwise, it is THE car, the infamous Indian automobile consumer going crazy at nowadays. There is a strong reason why it is sold out for months. Kia hit a sweet spot with small SUV, good looking, compact and cheap! Honestly, it will take a year or a bit more to resolve all the issues, but that should not stop one choosing that car and enjoy!
sgmuser is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 16:35   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
Congrats Also, did you get the insurance from outside or went with the ones offered by dealers..
I took it from outside. Dealer quoted 62k, took HDFC via coverfox for 51k. I had seen some lower quotes from TATA AIG at policybazaar but there was something off that I don't remember now. Set the IDV at 16.99L. Zero resistance from my SA for taking insurance outside

I had called the insurance guy at dealership too and compared HDFC cover with theirs. The Kia offer works with 5 companies in backend. Below is what I got from them:

KIA Safety Has 5 Insurance Companies:
1.Bharati Axa General Insurance Co Ltd.
2.Reliance General Insurance Co Ltd.
3.Go Digit General Insurance Co Ltd.
4.Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co Ltd.
5.ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co Ltd.

KIA Safety Includes :
1. Nil Depreciation (including consumables)
2. Engine & Gear Box Protect,
3. Tyre Cover,
4. Key Loss
5. Loss of Personal Belongings.
KIA SAFETY Advantages
1.Pan India Cashless at all KIA Authorised Workshops
2.No Salvage Deduction
3.Maximum TAT for Survey is 04 hours
4.Claims settlement through Video Streaming
5.Hassle Free Claims Settlement

EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS
1.Standard Pricing for all Program Insurers
2.Rodent Bite Cover part of the policy at No Extra Premium
3.Unlimited Nil Dep Claims Covered
4.No Pre-inspection Charges
5.Dedicated Toll Free Number exclusively for Kia Car Owners
Logan2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 16:58   #3981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Cousin received his GTX silver at last but from the 180KM drive I found one big issue with android auto. It can only be used with a cable but the USB port charges very slow resulting in battery drainage from my Note10. My phone started from 37% and went to 5% in an hour or so of navigation via android auto.
There are two USB ports. The one on the right, with a cover, is a fast charging port. Try using that port.
Old 14th November 2019, 17:20   #3982
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Cousin received his GTX silver at last but from the 180KM drive I found one big issue with android auto. It can only be used with a cable but the USB port charges very slow resulting in battery drainage from my Note10. My phone started from 37% and went to 5% in an hour or so of navigation via android auto.
That shouldn’t be the case. Have used both android auto and Apple CarPlay and phone has always had a higher charge at the end of the trip. These kind of issues usually crop up in case of a faulty charging cable, poor quality charging cables or if the device is faulty. Try changing over to a branded fast charge cable.
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 17:38   #3983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Secondly do you have any idea if we insure the car with low IDV, will it affect my future claims?
For my GTK, the on-road price was 16.8L, so I didn't want IDV to go below 13L. Also, during renewal, insurance companies tend to calculate depreciation over the existing IDV, that is another reason I didn't want it to be too low to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
In addition to these 5 companies there is New India Assurance also (as per the list given by my dealer)
sidhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 17:58   #3984
BHPian

Here find below the KIA SAFTEY program. (Dealer Version)
Insurance package offered by KIA complete details!!

KIA_Sales saf.pdf
Kpaaz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 19:02   #3985
BHPian

I drove colleague's HTX D in Himachal Pradesh and till 200-300KM "All done there" I have gotten 13-14Kmpl while in Chandigarh I was getting 18-19Kmpl. Both are in city figures but now I feel its on the lower side can anyone else confirm their Kmpl read outs for the diesel "Specially hilly drive?".

The diesel is quite nice to drive while not as great as 1.4T P but its more than half way there much better than the 1.5NA P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post

What If one takes Insurance from outside but 1 of these 5 will it be cashless in KIA workshop?
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 22:43   #3986

How many of you guys think that remapping is a good idea at this time.?
I don't know why but i feel 1.4 turbo still lacks that oomph..
Please help..
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191114224011.jpg  

anshul70701 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 23:01   #3987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul70701 View Post
How many of you guys think that remapping is a good idea at this time.?
I don't know why but i feel 1.4 turbo still lacks that oomph..
Please help..
Please don't go in for any sort of remaps. Dry clutch DCTs in general and specific to Kia cars as well have iffy reliability already and tuning it will put further stress on the clutch packs and the gearbox itself.

Secondly, if the gearbox does fail, you will not be covered under warranty, come what may (both engine and gearbox). It's thus better to refrain from doing any such mods no matter how promising the power figures are.

Last edited by vishy76 : 14th November 2019 at 23:18.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 07:32   #3988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswinpattath View Post
Oh, Strange! I am from Hyderabad and facing the same connectivity issue. Can you please share the software version number of the UVO application and the Infotainment system?
Contact your SA. A new update is available for UVO which will resolve the issue.
John is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 08:36   #3989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Please don't go in for any sort of remaps. Dry clutch DCTs in general and specific to Kia cars as well have iffy reliability already and tuning it will put further stress on the clutch packs and the gearbox itself.

Secondly, if the gearbox does fail, you will not be covered under warranty, come what may (both engine and gearbox). It's thus better to refrain from doing any such mods no matter how promising the power figures are.
Do you have any proof that these gearboxes respond poorly to power? As long as you don't exceed the torque rating of the transmission of the car, it shouldn't be a problem.

From what I gather (unless I'm completely off), Hyundai/Kia makes 2 7speed DCTs. The D7F22 and the D7F34, which are rated of 22Kg.m and 34Kg.m of torque respectively. If I not wrong, the 1.4T makes 242Nm of torque, which translates to 24.6Kgm. If the former gearbox is used, you should really not mess with the car. If the latter is used, you have decent headroom for the tune.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf hyundai-transys_powerTrain_brochure.pdf (3.89 MB, 1505 views)
raystriker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 09:32   #3990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Maybe the issues with Vodaphone not allowing the system to do it autonomously?

Btw, just tried it on my HTX+ and was not finding the factory reset tab in the Dealer mode, in spite of two attempts, so had to give up. Have you tried it?
Yes, I did try it and it worked, although the system settings on the ICE were lost, the past trip info etc. on my UVO app was still there as it is backed up to the cloud. Sure enough, the days for which the problem was there, there was no trip info, which suggests that the fault is with the ICE communicating with the network.

I realized the volume increase and decrease is also to be done from the screen (not from the steering controls) also the press on the version banner after adjusting the volume should also be a single press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhegde View Post
I got some quotes from PolicyBazaar and from a local insurance agent. VIN and engine number are required to purchase insurance from outside. Please note that cashless facility is not available with most insurance companies if the insurance is purchased outside. As informed by my SA, Kia has tied up with only 6 insurance companies for cashless claims. I chose Tata AIG as their quote was the lowest.
I always take the insurance from outside, as in all my car buying experience in India I realize you can easily save around 30% of the dealer quoted number from outside. Also do not fret over your insurance provider not being part of the A.S.S. list, as these can be added later to the list, as long as your insurance company is assuring you of a cashless settlement in your city.

I can tell you this with confidence out of 2 incidents. The first one was with my newly launched XUV500, wherein I had taken SBI GIC, which did not have the tie-up and the car within 6 months of ownership managed to get into a small accident and sacrifice its headlight. I promptly asked my GIC that they should go and tie-up with my nearest Mahindra dealer, which they did and I got a cashless settlement.

The Second one just happened with my Seltos, and is shared on the thread. Again I had taken the insurance on my own through my dealer, from Future Generali, which wasn't having the tie-up with my nearest dealer, but it was done and the claim was settled cashless. Just FYI, I had no problem with the availability of the parts in my repair - which btw was a big list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraa View Post
Hello everyone,

I am planning on a TD for the seltos today and would want to book an automatic, preferably a Diesel. Reading through so many inputs here I am confused so as to which one should I book. I understand there are a ton of options to choose from. My monthly driving would be around 3000 to 5000 kms, and hence my preference for a Diesel. I will be travelling about 2 to 3 times to Mumbai from Nashik in a month and hence automatic preference. Any help in the above would be greatly appreciated. Kindly let me know which should best suit my needs. TIA.
I have now over 3000km clocked on my HTX+ D AT, with no issues whatsoever. I would say just go for it. You have I think three options on variants in D AT, you may choose according to your needs and budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Hi everyone, my Seltos has been showing 0 on the AQI index on the infotainment system and the rear AQI display. I don't think that is normal, considering the abysmal atmosphere. Got it checked by Kia technicians, who had no clue about what was wrong.
I was thinking the hack to get to the dealer mode, which has been shared on this thread (to reconnect UVO) also has an option relating to the air purifer, may be there is something that could be done there. Or even a factory reset may cure it. If it doen't you at least will know it is not a software fault but a hardware one, and can accordingly ask the dealer to replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
Guys kindly shed some light on which is the best insurance with 0% dep plan? Secondly do you have any idea if we insure the car with low IDV, will it affect my future claims?
Please consult a insurance dealer, or these reseller websites. The IDV you should keep at 95%, the rule is it should be closest to the real world value of your car as IDV is triggered only in total loss or theft, etc wherein the lower of the IDV or the Market Value is paid. The companies generally will quote 90-95% of the last year's IDV in subsequent years.

I took the most complete insurance with - RTI (return to invoice, which pays you OTR price and not the IDV, in case of total loss), 0-Dep including Consumables (which covers the small screws to all the lubricants and oils in the claim, thus you only pay the standard deductible in the policy which in case of Seltos will be Rs.1500), Tyre cover, Key Loss Cover, Personal Belongings cover, RSA, Personal /Driver + Passenger injury/Loss cover, and the mandatory 3yr 3rd party cover. And even with all these covers, I still was able to save almost 20k off the dealer quote which was missing many of the above covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Contact your SA. A new update is available for UVO which will resolve the issue.
Have you got it? Does it keep your settings and data, or is it also a reset?
AGwagon is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks