Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2019, 09:17   #3871
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Hello Seltos owners, I am not sure but if you know that UVO connection has not been working since 6th November. I checked with the dealer and he confirmed that the connection has been down due to some network issue.

Just wanted to check if this is only in Delhi or in other parts of India as well. Please share.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 10:40   #3872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Impression I have after reading several posts is, Seltos DCT is giving 8-9 kmpl in city driving and 13-14 kmpl on highway and you can't call it as 'shocking'. My i20 CVT gives just 6 kmpl in Bangalore traffic.
I think the 8-9 kpl being reported are the MID Figures. We would have to discount atleast 1 kpl on top and take the realistic mileage as 7 kpl under city driving conditions. One person who did a tankful approach in Bangalore on the Outer Ring Road has reported 6.3 kpl (MID reading was 7.7 kpl). So that is the range to keep in mind in Bangalore (6.5 kpl to 7 kpl)...And as you rightly said, we have been hearing these type of FE numbers from i10/i20 AT owners as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhegde View Post
The only downside seems to be the boot space - was struggling to fit in two 23 kg capacity bags earlier today in the boot without removing the rear parcel tray. Verna's actual boot space was definitely much higher.
I felt the boot to be smaller as well when compared to C2 Segment Sedans as well. So are there any options such as fitting a carrier on the Seltos or is it only the 60-40 split of seats which will help for luggage scenarios?
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 10:59   #3873
BHPian

Came across this youtube video around Seltos Air purifier effectiveness in Delhi. Seems like a genuine person and review. If it's really that effective, I'm glad that I bought GTX version :-)

abhidube is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 12:11   #3874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Hello Seltos owners, I am not sure but if you know that UVO connection has not been working since 6th November. I checked with the dealer and he confirmed that the connection has been down due to some network issue.

Just wanted to check if this is only in Delhi or in other parts of India as well. Please share.
Yes, the same issue here in Hyderabad as well! And the issue is common across the country. Confirmed the same with my SA and looks like Vodafone is working towards a resolution for the same and no ETA as of now
aswinpattath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 12:13   #3875
BHPian

Quote:
UVO is working fine for me in Mumbai.
Old 11th November 2019, 12:29   #3876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I felt the boot to be smaller as well when compared to C2 Segment Sedans as well. So are there any options such as fitting a carrier on the Seltos or is it only the 60-40 split of seats which will help for luggage scenarios?
I haven't explored the option of fitting a carrier. I was able to fit in the two 23 kg bags after removing the rear parcel tray.

Few other points which I want to add about my GTK - I asked my SA to give me extended warranty for 5 years, 1,20,000 kms. The cost of this is around Rs.4000 cheaper than the 5 years, unlimited kms option. I have paid for the same, but yet to get the warranty document. My SA mentioned to me that I was the first person who asked for this option at VST Central, Bangalore. Looks like most of the buyers are unaware that such an option exists. I have also purchased my insurance from outside and was able to save close to Rs.20000. I just sold my old car Verna and hope to get the NCB transfer certificate (I have a 50% NCB) and will be writing to my new insurance company for a prorated refund on the premium that I have paid.
sidhegde is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 12:36   #3877

HI all Bhpians. Good Day! As we are seeing a lot of Kia Seltos being sold and in excess of 60K bookings being received including mine, I am terribly confused as I went to the Kia showroom in my city(Lucknow), showroom is still in construction phase. Sales reps, managers not heeding to prospective customers etc, leave aside the vehicle problems creeping up and flooding the internet with n number of issues DCT heating in B2B traffic, accidental repairs not being done on time due to lack of spares, UVO connect not working, AVN hanging etc. Although a Hyundai sister concern, still I am lacking confidence of buying DCT GTX+ costing approx 20 lac due to all this. I feel along with a vehicle review, it's after sales network and service quality with timelines should also be reviewed especially the new brand launches.

Enlighten me Bhpians, I am stuck in nomans' land right now.

PS. Post from Gaadiwadi.com enlists 7 common mistakes Kia Seltos Owners facing PAN India.
mayank_ferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 12:39   #3878
BHPian

Hello Seltos gtx dct (Petrol) owners, I am in the market to replace my 2007 Civic SAT and am looking at Seltos Petrol DCT seriously. Look forward to your inputs if the Seltos DCT issues floating on the web are real or more isolated cases. Also, I need to understand what gtx dct misses out on vis-a-vis gtx plus dct.
Thanks in advance.
Old 11th November 2019, 13:20   #3879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank_ferrari View Post
HI all Bhpians. Good Day! As we are seeing a lot of Kia Seltos being sold and in excess of 60K bookings being received including mine, I am terribly confused as I went to the Kia showroom in my city(Lucknow), showroom is still in construction phase. Sales reps, managers not heeding to prospective customers etc, leave aside the vehicle problems creeping up and flooding the internet with n number of issues DCT heating in B2B traffic, accidental repairs not being done on time due to lack of spares, UVO connect not working, AVN hanging etc. Although a Hyundai sister concern, still I am lacking confidence of buying DCT GTX+ costing approx 20 lac due to all this. I feel along with a vehicle review, it's after sales network and service quality with timelines should also be reviewed especially the new brand launches.

Enlighten me Bhpians, I am stuck in nomans' land right now.

PS. Post from Gaadiwadi.com enlists 7 common mistakes Kia Seltos Owners facing PAN India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Hello Seltos gtx dct (Petrol) owners, I am in the market to replace my 2007 Civic SAT and am looking at Seltos Petrol DCT seriously. Look forward to your inputs if the Seltos DCT issues floating on the web are real or more isolated cases. Also, I need to understand what gtx dct misses out on vis-a-vis gtx plus dct.
Thanks in advance.
I just wanted to post here regarding the AVN hanging, this has happened a few times to me in the Creta. Basically the system just freezes and no sound comes out either through FM or Bluetooth. My family uses the car and chauffeur driven, so I haven't followed up with it. Not possible to reproduce either and it is very annoying.

Regarding the transmission issue, I don't know how many people are going through this but I'm surprised we haven't had this with the Venue considering it uses the same 7DCT as far as I know.

To answer your other question, what additional features you get with the GTX+ over the regular GTX -

Sunroof
Powered driver seat
Bose sound system
Ventilated front seats
360 degree camera
Blind spot monitoring

Last edited by sweetvar26 : 11th November 2019 at 13:21.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 14:24   #3880

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I just wanted to post here regarding the AVN hanging, this has happened a few times to me in the Creta. Basically the system just freezes and no sound comes out either through FM or Bluetooth. My family uses the car and chauffeur driven, so I haven't followed up with it. Not possible to reproduce either and it is very annoying.

Regarding the transmission issue, I don't know how many people are going through this but I'm surprised we haven't had this with the Venue considering it uses the same 7DCT as far as I know.

To answer your other question, what additional features you get with the GTX+ over the regular GTX -

Sunroof
Powered driver seat
Bose sound system
Ventilated front seats
360 degree camera
Blind spot monitoring

As for a matter of fact, I even never heard of any MG Hector DCT heating issues which also has a laggy DCT but I read owners manual for both Venue and Seltos which states the same DCT transmission higher temp if kept in heavy traffic or on an incline for long etc. I am pretty much surprised why DCT only having issues in Seltos and not in Venue or MG Hector.
Old 11th November 2019, 14:29   #3881

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Look forward to your inputs if the Seltos DCT issues floating on the web are real or more isolated cases.
I have owned the DCT for approx 45 days now, about 900+ Kms on the ODO, driven across bumper-to-bumper traffic in South Bombay as well as intra-city highways.. Let me tell you this, that I have not faced any issues at all in so far as DCT heating (let alone over-heating!) issues are concerned, nor the AV locking out even once!!

As with the internet, do please consider some to "sour grapes" and continue.. Please do not over think issues, they do not help you!!

In so far as the mileage goes, I have got an aggregate of about 8+KMPL, and I am happy about it!! FE is a personal choice, and really cannot be compared!

There was a mention of Ford Endeavour giving 8-10 kmpl in city - my neighbour owns one, 2018 model, and in South Bombay he clocks just about 6+ kmpl on Diesel.. Sorry, didn't understand what is it that you wanted to compare / comment on, Sir!
cdrsd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 16:12   #3882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsd View Post
As with the internet, do please consider some to "sour grapes" and continue.. Please do not over think issues, they do not help you!!
Even on the MG Hector thread, there was a lot of negative sentiment, which was mostly unfounded. Kia will streamline it's operations, so there is nothing for prospective Seltos buyers to worry about.

Infotainment system glitches are common across most cars of this class. I'm positive that it'll be rectified with a software update.
BZ25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 17:46   #3883
ADB
BHPian

Quote:

I had the same issue in Gurgaon. While UVO works (remote start / stop), navigation is down. I had in fact called the customer care line today and they informed me that the servers are down and it is expected to be fixed in a couple of days.
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 17:55   #3884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
5. Technical Glitches:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Negative publicity of Seltos has started.
Quote:
5. Technical Glitches: The Seltos does seem to have its share of technical glitches as well. While on cruise control, Som Shekhar Singh applied brakes instead of disengaging the system to lower speed. He claimed that the accelerator pedal got disengaged instead and the SUV grounded to a halt.
Is this even a glitch ? Isn't cruise control supposed to disengage when either clutch or brake pedal is pressed ?

From what is posted in gaadiwaadi article, seems like only one customer reported it and most likely the SA didn't inform Cruise Control functionality properly to him.
AutoNoob is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 18:23   #3885
ADB
BHPian

Quote:

You’re right. Checked my app. Everything is down. No trip history since the 6th, no remote start or stop etc. I’m surprised they haven’t been able to fix it for 5 days.
ADB is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks