Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2019, 17:29   #2476
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I get the feeling posts on this forum are biased very negativity against the Harrier. Most posts here are contradicting what the Auto magazines/press reviews said, for example most auto journalists have said the interior quality is fantastic, but the postsers on this forum say the quality is bad. Most reviews say the exterior design is superb but the posters here say the (ugly) Creta looks better. The press says the space inside is great but posters here say it is cramped. And so on and on. I can imagine the Hyundai top brass reading the posts here on Team-bhp and smiling gleefully. Somehow the activity on this forum seems to be beyond the law of averages on how tilted the opinions are against the Harrier.
While buying my recent car, with high hopes I visited Hyundai showroom to check Creta and Tuscon. After reading all good things, I was disappointed by interiors of Creta. While materials seemed okay, nothing outstanding and looked very plain jane. Tuscon came in as a shocker and the interior(Dash in particular) looked totally out of place. In picture/video, Interiors of Harrier looks leagues ahead of Tuscon, Creta stands no chance.
PrideRed is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 17:47   #2477
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I get the feeling posts on this forum are biased very negativity against the Harrier. Most posts here are contradicting what the Auto magazines/press reviews said, for example most auto journalists have said the interior quality is fantastic, but the postsers on this forum say the quality is bad. Most reviews say the exterior design is superb but the posters here say the (ugly) Creta looks better. The press says the space inside is great but posters here say it is cramped. And so on and on.

I totally agree to this. The main stream media is totally against Indian car makers especially Tata, and some of the post here are no different.
There are lot of complaints against other car makers too, as someone who does one weekly marketing trip of 400 to 1000km my minimum highway travel every month is 3000km. I have seen my fair share of incidences and reported many. Commonly noticed after accidents or while asking people in breakdown vehicle weather they need help are crashed Innova's with air bag failures, S Cross ceased engines due to aluminum connector to lower hose failing (same doesn't fail in other cars with the national engine), A pillar failure after crash in Dzire, Swift, and old Indica. Such things are just not mentioned, but one Tata car breakdown is news.
I meet many people who travel like me and Creta is second most preferred choice after Innova, after which comes XUV5oo but most only say that Current Crysta is too costly, XUV not refined enough and there is no other options with diesel automatics with upright sitting and decent ground clearance. there are a few Hexa too, and many are following a wait, inquire and watch policy towards it.
As and when the Harrier AT and Compass AT are launched, I expect many to be seen with this crowd.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 17:48   #2478
BHPian

For me space & seating comfort is as important as ride quality, handling and fun to drive factor. IMO the space inside Creta is no better than a hatch like i20, Baleno etc. Even in Honda City, the interior space for passengers is more than Creta. I have gone through lots of video reviews and it seems that the space inside Harrier is better than Honda City & maybe Compass. Combine this with the bigger engine, LR platform, more premium interiors( at least in photos/videos), larger road presence etc, the Harrier is in the higher segment than Creta. The only reason I think it's getting compared with Creta is that the lower & mid variant of Harrier might fall in the price band of Creta. Isn't it's a good thing then that Tata is providing Harrier at the cost of top-end Creta? Haven't we in this forum complained about the higher price tag of Creta? There might be some quality fit & finish issues with Harrier but that might get sorted out in 3-6 months. Till now all we have is photos, videos and some people checking the car in parked position. Once the people get to drive the car, people might realize that the driving dynamics, engine performance etc are much better than Creta or least I would expect it to be.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 17:48   #2479
BHPian

I have been to the Bangalore event and let me state a few things. The Harrier is definitely the most spacious 5 seater on the inside and can accommodate 3 on the rear bench in comfort. The fit and finish were top notch. The exterior too is well done and I did not find any cause to complain. I also looked below the boot where there is additional space which can accommodate 2 briefcases apart from the boot capacity. I have seen the Creta and I definitely feel that the Harrier is better on interiors and more spacious.
nainan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 18:15   #2480
Senior - BHPian

Any idea where will the Harrier be showcased in Pune ? I heard the dates are 4th and 5th Jan but have no clue about the location.
Old 3rd January 2019, 18:18   #2481
Senior - BHPian

I agree with your observations completely. I was confused by few posts on this thread so headed for the same event and spent hours checking out the car. Harrier is leagues above Creta in Interiors. Space is also extremely generous. Exterior felt so solid. The sound system is one of the sweetest, after the Tiago (Which remains my personal favourite). Every inch reeks of quality and workmanship (few pieces here and there which are unacceptable, are not visible that directly). Pricing is the missing piece of this package, else we are convinced about the Harrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
The Harrier is definitely the most spacious 5 seater on the inside and can accommodate 3 on the rear bench in comfort. The fit and finish were top notch. The exterior too is well done and I did not find any cause to complain.
Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 18:22   #2482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Any idea where will the Harrier be showcased in Pune ? I heard the dates are 4th and 5th Jan but have no clue about the location.
Quick search gave me following address:

Balakrishna Lawns Koregaon Park
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 19:06   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Discover the Harrier

The above link has all venues with GPS locations
nainan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 20:49   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
For me space & seating comfort is as important as ride quality, handling and fun to drive factor. IMO the space inside Creta is no better than a hatch like i20, Baleno etc. Even in Honda City, the interior space for passengers is more than Creta. I have gone through lots of video reviews and it seems that the space inside Harrier is better than Honda City & maybe Compass. Combine this with the bigger engine, LR platform, more premium interiors( at least in photos/videos), larger road presence etc, the Harrier is in the higher segment than Creta. The only reason I think it's getting compared with Creta is that the lower & mid variant of Harrier might fall in the price band of Creta. Isn't it's a good thing then that Tata is providing Harrier at the cost of top-end Creta? Haven't we in this forum complained about the higher price tag of Creta? There might be some quality fit & finish issues with Harrier but that might get sorted out in 3-6 months. Till now all we have is photos, videos and some people checking the car in parked position. Once the people get to drive the car, people might realize that the driving dynamics, engine performance etc are much better than Creta or least I would expect it to be.
Don't know why you say 'even Honda City'. It's one of the most spacious cars below 15 lakh. I think only Sunny offers more space.

I have this problem with other Hyundai cars as well. Their cars seem big on the outside but are cramped for space. Verna feels like the least spacious of the C segment sedans.

Quote:
SMS from TATA:

Catch a glimpse of the new Tata Harrier- The New Benchmark of SUVs, 5-6th Jan at Balkrishna Lawns, Pune, 11am onwards. Register at http://bit.ly/2C98Wxl

Last edited by bblost : 3rd January 2019 at 21:36. Reason: back to back
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 01:22   #2485
BHPian

Naysaying w.r.t. Harrier's sales performance would be unjust to Tata especially when the prices are not revealed (the 'leaked' prices can be taken with a pinch of salt, I presume).

Words coming out of a forum like T-bhp, renowned for its 'massive collective automotive acumen', can tend to influence people and any premature dismissal of Harrier's chances can possibly manifest in negative predispositions in the general public.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion (since design, set of features, fit & finish levels, reasonableness of dimensions, transmission type are more-or-less subjective aspects), a judgement on or after 23rd January would hold more weight.
mroutlander is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 10:15   #2486
BHPian

Howdy guys, I am back after long many years since my Duster buying time for those who still remember me. And I am back because I am in the market to upgrade my Duster.

My next SUV must be a Diesel Automatic and still affordable, a segment which had been lacking still.

I have never liked Indian cars till now, and have had 2 Japanese and 2 European cars till now (Fiat, Hyundai, Honda, Renault). I have even always advised others not to buy Indian cars yet, because I never liked their design and refinement. This despite the fact that I work for the Tata Group

Looks like all that is going to change with the Harrier. Boy, have they done some work here? I had been wondering when will they leverage the JLR platforms and here they go. Late but better to be late than never.

Combined with the JLR platform, a great design and some fantastic interiors this car will make or break Tata Motor's fortune. Yes, they dont have an automatic yet but I fully understand that. For a company to come up with a big project like this it does not make sense to put hands in too many things at once, they are not Toyota yet anyways.

I did read all the 160 pages in this thread and will patiently follow details for a year till the Automatic is launched.

Are the prices officially declared yet? There are lot of talks on it but I think if the Auto top end version is anything under 23 OTR it will still be a great buy!!
Old 4th January 2019, 10:31   #2487
Distinguished - BHPian

More Harrier's move to dealerships . Strange to see the logo is still masked!

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-3.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-4.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-5.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 11:04   #2488
BHPian

Spotted this near Pune today morning... Is it the 7 seater? Couldn't click much, as soon as the traffic cleared it zoomed off like crazy. Just could not catch up. Not even the Fortuner and Mercy GL350 around could chase it!
Picture Courtesy: my better half!

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20190104wa0013.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20190104wa0012.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20190104wa0011.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20190104wa0015.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20190104wa0014.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Suraj : 4th January 2019 at 11:08.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 11:06   #2489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Spotted this near Pune today morning... Is it the 7 seater?
Looks like Harrier only, the 5 seater. Could be the automatic undergoing testing runs still.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 11:32   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
I have never liked Indian cars till now, and have had 2 Japanese and 2 European cars till now (Fiat, Hyundai, Honda, Renault).

Correction: Hyundai is not Japanese!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks