Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2019, 11:42   #2491
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Have we seen any other colours for Harrier ? Got bored with this orange for life. Need to see how the boomy butt looks in other colours.
srishiva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 11:54   #2492
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

What have they still got to hide in the exterior, can't understand why the camouflage is still on. Are they testing xz+ with all bells and whistles panaromic sunroof, AT etc.,
Old 4th January 2019, 11:58   #2493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
What have they still got to hide in the exterior, can't understand why the camouflage is still on. Are they testing xz+ with all bells and whistles panaromic sunroof, AT etc.,
The test mules would be doing continuous rounds even when the models are close to launch. Factory will not call them back to remove the camouflage just because the production models have been revealed to the public.

Expect to see a lot of such Harrier test mules atleast till another year when the automatics hit production.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 15:24   #2494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Correction: Hyundai is not Japanese!
Thank you. I count them the same continent. There are 4 geo based manufactures.

1. Japanese, Korean etc: They make great VFM cars which last.
2. European: Great cars to drive but break down soon and costly to own and maintain.
3. American: Good for nothing
4. Indian: No comments. Till now at least lol!

Slightly Mods please excuse...

EDIT: Only TWO emoticons are permitted per post. Please read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thank you.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th January 2019 at 15:51.
Old 4th January 2019, 15:36   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post

2. European: Great cars to drive but break down soon and costly to own and maintain.
4. Indian: No comments. Till now at least lol

Slightly Mods please excuse...
This is a thing of the past. With globalization, the difference is severely minimized. In India particularly, The Japanese(Toyota/Honda) and the Korean(Hyundai) are definitely not VFM. The best diesel engines come from Europe and the American(Ford) offers one of the most VFM cars in India. The current crop of Indian cars(Nexon,Hexa,XUV) are no less than the competition. Majority of the advantage each manufacturer is enjoying is because of its past legacy.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th January 2019 at 15:52. Reason: Tweaking quoted post
PrideRed is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 15:40   #2496
Distinguished - BHPian

I hear the test drive vehicles will be made available at the dealerships around 10th January.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 16:08   #2497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
This is a thing of the past. With globalization, the difference is severely minimized. In India particularly, The Japanese(Toyota/Honda) and the Korean(Hyundai) are definitely not VFM. The best diesel engines come from Europe and the American(Ford) offers one of the most VFM cars in India. The current crop of Indian cars(Nexon,Hexa,XUV) are no less than the competition. Majority of the advantage each manufacturer is enjoying is because of its past legacy.

I very much agree to this.
Among cars owned in the last few years, my Ecosport is cheapest to maintain and also cost quiet reasonable for the features it offered. My Nissan is costly to keep and has a few occasional issues that the dealers cannot resolve. The WagonR that I sold recently also needed costly upkeep.
Ten years ago Honda cars were considered to be one of the best, now they are either overpriced, or just cheap plastic. Toyota was considered the most dependable and reliable car, with decent comfort. With advent of Etios things went down and Crysta is just not worth it.
Tata sure has improved a lot, but they still score an occasional self goal by not offering an AT at launch, and playing with things like AMT instead of traditional automatics.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 16:38   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post

4. Indian: No comments. Till now at least lol!
[/b]
For a moment I thought of not replying as we were already OT. But then there were several misconceptions, inaccuracies and wrong generalization in your post.

To elaborate, all the following cars are European: A Ferrari, a Benz C class, a Volvo v60, and a Linea. Now, what's common between these cars? And the description you gave for European cars isn't usually used with French cars. It's the German and Italian that sell such cars (generally, that is)

Both Etios and Fortuner are from the same manufacturer. What's common between these two?

Ford has given us some really fun to drive cars and in the Indian context have generally been good in most aspects.

And where do you put Maruti Suzuki? Japanese or Indian? 😀
prakash_ajp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 17:56   #2499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I hear the test drive vehicles will be made available at the dealerships around 10th January.
Yesterday got a call from Tata since I had shown interest in Harrier. The person on the call said the TD will be available only after its launched on 23rd Jan.
Old 4th January 2019, 19:50   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Expect to see a lot of such Harrier test mules atleast till another year when the automatics hit production.
+1 to that. Spotted this Harrier test mule while returning from Coimbatore couple of days ago. Although i could easily make out from my IRVM that its the Harrier test mule, it just zoomed past me in no time. It wasn't easy to keep up with the vehicle and this is the only picture i could take while keeping a safe distance.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-nmc63201901020754590014x.jpg
Keynote is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 19:52   #2501
BHPian

#offTopic

Just saw the Kia ad on TV and it looks FABULOUS
Things just got a lot more interesting!
ihrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 20:08   #2502

Tata has a quite a task marketing the Harrier to masses of Semi-urban and Rural potential buyers. These locations offer key sales benefit(if not majorly) for any automotive manufacture. With almost limited automotive knowledge and the 'word-of-mouth' environment, alternate buying options are inadequate. Swift, Dzire, Brezza, benefited heavily by choice of the masses taking "Agar tu yeh waali liya, toh main yehi waali lunga" or familiar to what they see on the roads most and are talked about, with all due respect to these fabulous vehicles and what they offer.

It's been a while advising people around me to wait until Harrier is out Instead of making a decision purchasing a not-so-beneficial vehicle in that price bracket. Latter mostly opting either Creta or XUV500(few).

The 'Tata' brand is still taking its course as a reliable manufacturer in these locations. Mahindra on the other hand sits comfortably in that area, although it still has to introduce a competitor to Harrier.

Harrier, I believe, has that killer Instinct to take on the market. However, sales in these areas will be crucial given the fact that Tata wants to sit third, below MS and Hyundai.
Old 4th January 2019, 21:31   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to burst your bubble. But the car shown is not India bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Just saw the Kia ad on TV and it looks FABULOUS

Things just got a lot more interesting!
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 21:42   #2504
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
And even if it comes, expect pricing directly against Hyundai Tucson.

This price range will see competition from the SP concept based SUV instead.
Old 4th January 2019, 22:53   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
That's strange! Why would they show an advert of a product that is not going to be launched!

It does look lovely though. Really like it.. Hopefully gets launched sooner than later!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks