Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2019, 20:51   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolaks7 View Post

AWD would be introduced in RxS model as well. Clearly mentioned to me by one of the SA who got his training notes to walk me through the changes.
If the features from the current RxS continue with some add ons in the facelift model, then RxS AWD would be a really value for money offering between Rs.10-11 Lakhs (ex-showroom), and with other safety features added on, would make a really tempting proposition to someone like me, stationed in Manali, and awaiting to explore the nearby terrains from next year in an AWD or 4WD vehicle.

Also contemplating buying a Tata Xenon DLE 4x4 Crew Cab ABS model which will cost Rs.10-10.5 Lakh (again ex-showroom as a White Board vehicle) as my next buy here.

The suspension and ride quality of Duster are already appreciated by everyone, so it may tilt my decision in favor of this rather than Xenon, even though the latter has a proper 4WD with Limited Slip Differential etc., but Leaf Spring Suspension at the back, and that B-I-G open boot, compared to the covered boot space of the Duster, which looks humongous in itself, as it is.

P.S. - Can you P.M. me the changes to expect in the RxS AWD variant, as told to you by the sales advisor?

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 11th June 2019 at 20:56.
Old 12th June 2019, 15:17   #62
BHPian

If ever I was to upgrade my duster AWD, it was with the latest model(European spec). Now that Renault has decided against launching it here, I am happy that I will be saving few bucks. I shall continue to drive my old dusty. The new model had good scope in India I guess. It looked better and with a little more tweak to the interiors, It would have sold profitably. A step backwards for Renault IMHO.
nettooran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 15:31   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolaks7 View Post
I am currently in the market looking for Duster AWD and 2 sales advisor from 2 different dealerships have told me that launch date for updated Duster is 19th June and they already had a training session. I was advised by them to wait for the new model and booking will begin from 25 June with deliveries beginning in July. Though the dates were clearly denied by 3rd dealership.

AWD would be introduced in RxS model as well. Clearly mentioned to me by one of the SA who got his training notes to walk me through the changes.

As expected, no discount would be offered on the new model whereas they are offering almost 50k off on existing ones (including 1st year Insurance free).
June 19 is the global premier of the Triber MPV from what I know.
Old 12th June 2019, 15:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
June 19 is the global premier of the Triber MPV from what I know.
In such a case I hope that Renault launches Triber in an AWD avatar as well in RxS and RxZ variants and surprises everyone with a Sub 4m 5+2 flexi seater with AWD and probably AT (even AMT AWD will work for me) as well.

If wishes we're horses.
Old 12th June 2019, 19:18   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Still the Duster looks like a bland package overall irrespective of all these updates
Couldn't agree more with this. While the competition is moving towards new design language and connected car features, Renault is failing to keep up. There is unexplained delay in getting the latest generation models in India, which is surprising in my opinion as Duster was the flagship car they have. After the failed JV with Mahindra (in the form of Logan), they really did well for themselves with Duster in India.

I had a Logan in the family and barring the boxy design (which was quite ugly, IMO) and heavy clutch of the car, I really enjoyed the vehicle for its ride, build quality and amazing fuel economy (20+ in city, around 27 on highways). (Repairs and service cost was a pain though )

Renault had success with Duster no doubt, but now the competition has taken over. They seriously need to bring something new to the table to survive in India.
Old 12th June 2019, 20:31   #66
Senior - BHPian

Adding a few more pics of the updated interiors and headlamp of the new Duster facelift

Images Courtesy

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2020renaultdusterinteriorsspied6768x432.jpg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2020renaultdusterinteriorsspied4768x432.jpg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2020renaultdusterspiedindiafirstphotoslaunch3750x430.jpg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2020renaultdusterinteriorsspied1750x430.jpg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2020renaultdusterinteriorsspied5750x430.jpg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2020renaultdusterinteriorsspied3750x430.jpg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2020renaultdusterinteriorsspied2750x430.jpg

Mods, please delete the post if all of the above pics are already shared. I think a few close ups and interior pics were not shared before, so posted this!
AdityaDeane is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 11:10   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Sadly, the AWD variant will not come with this facelift, this variant has one of the best ride-qualities, especially on city roads.
Another picture of the same car. Snowchains on rear tyres means it would be an AWD in all probability.
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-64250275_2374403622597796_7099815093315043328_n.jpg  

PapaBravo is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 14:38   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post

P.S. - Can you P.M. me the changes to expect in the RxS AWD variant, as told to you by the sales advisor?
Sorry mate, didn't look at the notes that keenly as there would be no discount on new model and existing RxZ is almost at 60k discount due to current month offers which is within my budget.

However, the changes are not major and only cosmetic. The only major (for me) change being Projectors and DRLs added.
coolaks7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 21:29   #69
Team-BHP Support

Renault just doesn't seem to learn. Take a close look at the 2019 Duster in this link below:

https://www.drivearabia.com/news/201...ter-in-jordan/

Now look at the pics in this thread of the blue one spotted testing. You will notice the following:

1. front is updated similar to the international one
2. side profile is identical to older car
3. rear is identical to older car with extra lack cladding
4. interiors are same as international one.

BAsically Renault has cut corners and done a hodge podge by taking some of the international updates but leaving out the rest. Looks like they didn't want to get new moulds for the doors and sides and boot and only changed the bonnet and maybe fenders.

This is just lame and half hearted. You know the Captur failed miserably cause you tried the same stunt by not offering what you get internationally and giving a khichdi.

Now you are repeating the same with the Duster.
Vid6639 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 12:02   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
4. interiors are same as international one.

I doubt even this one. Interior seems pretty similar to current gen. Look at the aircon vent in the link you provided v/s the ones in this thread.

Regards
SE
Old 14th June 2019, 12:18   #71
BHPian

The same pig with a new lipstick. Renault will never learn from its mistakes.
kpkeerthi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 11:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Apparently the AWD version will only be available in the RXS variant post the facelift. No RXZ with AWD. Told to me by one of their sales folks.
Old 29th June 2019, 18:13   #73
BHPian

Facelifted Renault Duster launching next week, prices to be unchanged

Is this for real?

Renault Duster will be launched in India next week. The current Duster’s prices range between Rs. 8 lakhs for the base petrol model to Rs. 13.14 lakhs for the top-end diesel AMT version. These prices will be maintained on the facelifted model as well. The facelifted Duster will get stylistic changes inside out but will remain mechanically unchanged.

Source

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 29th June 2019 at 18:17.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 19:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Facelifted Renault Duster launching next week, prices to be unchanged

Is this for real?
Not surprising at all! Given the debacle from Jeep regarding Trailhawk's pricing (the Duster AWD suddenly seems amazing VFM) and the looming threat called Hector, they will do all they can to milk their current cash cow as much as they can.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 20:04   #75
BHPian

Quote:
You are committing the same mistake that you did by introducing the Captur - at least the Captur had a different skin ! Haven't you chaps been introduced to concept of product life-cycles? The old Duster is well past its prime and is now in its terminal stage.
Duster might have been phased out by Renault had Captur tasted good success but the failure of Captur revived the idea of continuing with Duster with some updated features. Personally, i don't see it as a wrong move since Duster was the one which started this segment and still have good customer base and does some numbers for Renault. It's like following plan B for Renault.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks