Team-BHP - Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208714-toyota-glanza-rebadged-maruti-baleno-edit-launched-rs-7-22-lakh-22.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 4593519)
They are offering Android Auto and Apple Car Play with the Glanza. Wont that be a first for a Toyota car which has so far been adamant about not offering these in any of their cars anywhere in the world?

Removing it would require a bit of an effort. Toyota is too lazy for that. lol:
Sorry mods for this no value one-liner but couldn't resist this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 4593154)
Got these as a whatsapp forward:
Attachment 1878176

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4593517)
Toyota Glanza's Engine details

For God's sake Toyota, atleast provide engine cover with a T badge and an undercover for engine bay. Don't carryover cheapness in totality. :Frustrati

Toyota seem to be unfazed by the criticisms and are going all out on an ad blitz. Just this week, saw video and banners for the ‘Hatchin’ soon’ ad across websites, DTH channel selector menu, regular tv ads and in newspapers. Really strange they are pushing this car hard. I have not seen much ads for their other products before or at least not in this scale except for Yaris probably.

One more for the Baleno, Oops Glanza Jokes thread:

The Glanza will be the most seen Toyota in India.

A) All out Advt. campaign by Toyota. So it will be much seen on TV.

B) Rapid ramp up of production of Toyota and Glanza logos by aftermarket manufacturers.

This is one New Car thread with more jokes than information about the car itself. We anyways have the Baleno official review.

Hello fellow BHPians.

This is my first post here and I want to thank the moderators to approve my membership.
:)

I really despise Toyota's lazy approach towards the Indian market. Granted they are earning loads with Fortuner and Innova, but they have real capacity to pose up a real challenge to Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai.

The real losers here are customers.

I own a petrol Baleno, light built notwithstanding, it's almost a perfect car. It's fast, chuckable, spacious and returns 15+ KMPL in Delhi traffic with A/C. I've repeatedly managed to even extract 25 KMPL from it.
I was excited to see what improvements Toyota might make, but sadly, we have this excuse of a 'new' car.

:deadhorse

Hope it doesn't sell at all and Toyota learns a harsh lesson.

Considering how most salesman are adept at building stories with no idea about facts, I really won't be surprised if Toyata salesman themselves sell it pitching that its the good-ol popular Baleno, but now manufactured by Toyata with better quality and additional warranty.

And some less-knowledgeable customers might actually believe them and buy assuming it's made by Toyota. :Frustrati

I can even imagine them creating various fantastic stories about the Suzuki-Toyota deal. Visiting Toyota showrooms is sure gonna be fun. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djay (Post 4594771)
Considering how most salesman are adept at building stories with no idea about facts, I really won't be surprised if Toyata salesman themselves sell it pitching that its the good-ol popular Baleno, but now manufactured by Toyata with better quality and additional warranty.

And some less-knowledgeable customers might actually believe them and buy assuming it's made by Toyota. :Frustrati

I can even imagine them creating various fantastic stories about the Suzuki-Toyota deal. Visiting Toyota showrooms is sure gonna be fun. lol:

Jokes apart this could actually end up happening at the dealership level.

Maruti Baleno - Now certified by Toyota.

Don't forget the impeccable reputation that Innova and Fortuner command on the streets. This could be seen as an endorsement of the Baleno by Toyota.:Frustrati

Glanza will be the oldest new car in the review pipeline. lol: The reviewers will minutely examine the fine workmanship on the die-cast plastic 'T logo' upfront and are expected to write a few pages on it/have a YouTube video!

Jokes apart, what would have made it a true Toyota is the excellent quality steel used in Toyota cars. Hopefully, the steel is stronger. Rest of the car is a good package!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 4594153)
This is one New Car thread with more jokes than information about the car itself. We anyways have the Baleno official review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4594800)
Jokes apart, what would have made it a true Toyota is the excellent quality steel used in Toyota cars. Hopefully, the steel is stronger. Rest of the car is a good package!

That is not going to happen. Toyota is not manufacturing this car. Suzuki is just making custom batches with minor changes (Logos & probably the welcome screen in the infotainment system) and Toyota is just buying them in bulk from MSIL and selling them in their showrooms. I don't think MSIL is going to change their legendary "inferior" build quality just for Toyota for selling it at a slightly higher price.

Yep, this should boost sales of the Suzuki Baleno. Even Toyota is vouching for it and it also offers greater warranty with no changes to the car.

Implies that Baleno passed the toughest quality checks of Toyota and they then decided to put their own badge on it and sell it with even greater warranty.

Implies it is a steal at Suzuki pricing.

The above would all be the narrative of the Suzuki showroom salesman and who knows he may sell even more units.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 4594947)

Implies that Baleno passed the toughest quality checks of Toyota and they then decided to put their own badge on it and sell it with even greater warranty.

I disagree with this. I don't think Toyota is bothered about quality or there brand image here. They are very well aware that the Indian market would recognize Glanza as Baleno, and Toyota would happily pass any quality lapses in Glanza directly to Suzuki.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 4594947)
The above would all be the narrative of the Suzuki showroom salesman and who knows he may sell even more units.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superleggera (Post 4595036)
I disagree with this. I don't think Toyota is bothered about quality or there brand image here.

Hope you have not read the last statement in his comment (quoted it above). Both these companies are not dump not to consider all these thoughts, seems like the tip of an iceberg. Even though Terrano seems much differentiated in looks from Duster, people consider both same. So Toyota would not be so stupid to think a Toyota badge addition would make people think that it is a new car and not a Baleno. I am curious to know their next steps.

Toyota Glanza to be launched on June 6, 2019

The Toyota Glanza will be launched on June 6, 2019. The Glanza is a re-badged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and is expected to be offered with two engine options and two trim levels - G and V.

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-glanza-launch.jpg

The Glanza features a twin-slat chrome grille flanked by projector headlights. The higher variant is expected to get LED daytime running lights. The front bumper has a large air damn and a pair of circular fog lights. The rear of the car is identical to the Baleno except for the Toyota badge, while the dual-tone alloy wheels are also expected to be carried over unchanged.

The interior of the car is expected to remain unchanged and could feature a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, navigation and voice commands. It is likely to get features such as auto headlights, leather-wrapped steering wheel, rear view camera, height adjustable driver's seat, engine start/stop button among others.

Reports suggest that the Glanza could be offered with a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that puts out 82 BHP and 115 Nm of torque and a 1.2-litre DualJet with a mild-hybrid system. Transmission options could include a 5-speed manual and CVT.

Link to Team-BHP News

This morning, on my way to work, I heard an advertisement on the radio for the Glanza. The tagline was "let's go hatchin'".

Err ... what??

Toyota marketing seems to have spent as much money on creatives as they have on product development.

I can't wait for the official Team BHP review of this car. Want to understand in detail on the critical change of badge and it's aerodynamic impact on FE.