Team-BHP - Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208714-toyota-glanza-rebadged-maruti-baleno-edit-launched-rs-7-22-lakh-15.html)

Toyota Glanza.

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-1-2.jpg

Glanza advertisement on radio felt so much funny to me. It says ‘had enough of boring, wait for Glanza, hatching soon’. It should have been ‘had enough of boring, more coming in your way, Glanza hatching soon’.

Got these as a Whatsapp forward:

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-glanza3.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-glanza1.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-glanza2.jpg

There's no way people will confuse this for a Baleno...

Quote:

Originally Posted by caffeineAM (Post 4586711)

It would be great if you could comment on how you came to that conclusion considering the fact that the changes done are absurdly small( read: badges and grill).:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by caffeineAM (Post 4586711)

The Toyota NEXA is the next part of the story.

I am sure there are more synergies in store to consolidate business.

@ Team BHP, I would pass this on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 (Post 4586729)
It would be great if you could comment on how you came to that conclusion considering the fact that the changes done are absurdly small( read: badges and grill).:)

I think he meant in a sarcastic manner:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4584879)
The name Glanza has been derived from the German word ‘glanz’, which means brightness.
Attachment 1874185
Attachment 1874186
Link

So that's it. Nothing to say much. It is at last the same car (on the outside) with a different name. Don't know if Toyota has worked upon interiors/engine/built quality.
To me, the name Glanza sounds weird, does not go with the car. Even, I kind of like the Baleno's front grill.
Let's see how Toyota price it and if it gets accepted by people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by porsche_guy (Post 4586771)
I think he meant in a sarcastic manner:D

I do hope so, considering the laziness shown by Toyota.:D

Eagerly awaiting the team bhp review on this vehicle! I think it might come out later than usual because it would need special focus on the size, weight, dimensions of the badges!

:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 4586785)
Eagerly awaiting the team bhp review on this vehicle! I think it might come out later than usual because it would need special focus on the size, weight, dimensions of the badges!

:deadhorse

The Team-BHP review will be most comprehensive indeed and will contain following information:

- 7 Toyota emblems
- 1 Glanza badge
- 1 V badge
- 1 Maruti Baleno (minus "S" badges)

More on Glanza - now drive on video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHtF3Z4sohE

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4586465)
Toyota Glanza.

Attachment 1874664

This advertisement is so funny. Radiate on the roads sounds like something we are not supposed to do in public. Why would they even say radiate on the roads? Make space, but why? It's a sub 4m hatchback. Toyota is utterly confused as to why people should buy this car, or what is it's USP. I would love to see the marketing team's positioning statement for this car.:Frustrati

So, Glanza becomes the first Toyota car to feature Android Auto and Apple CarPlay? Hope Toyota adopts this smartplay system in its own cars. I guess, this will be the only positive outcome from this exercise.

Speculated Power-train details of Toyota Glanza :

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-01.jpg

Quote:

in addition to the Baleno’s 1.2-litre, K12B petrol engine, the Toyota Glanza could also get the option of the new, 1.2-litre K12C DualJet with the Smart Hybrid system.

The DualJet engine is marginally more powerful than the K12B, making 90hp (compared to the K12B's 84hp) and 113Nm of torque.

The Smart Hybrid system provides a torque-assist function that improves acceleration, a start-stop system that switches off the engine at idle to boost fuel efficiency and a brake-energy regeneration function that recharges the lithium-ion battery under deceleration.
Link