Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2020, 04:53   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Smart Hybrid Petrol, now launched at Rs. 8.39 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
Progressive next gen smart hybrid - does it mean they are bringing the 48 volt hybrid or is it just the existing 12 volt system. Considering the indicated mileage it could be only the 12 volt system

10% more fuel efficient means ARAI mileage is around 18.5 KMPL(Seltos Petrol Manual-16.8 KMPL)
Progressive Smart Hybrid means their 2nd Gen system which comes with the Ciaz/XL6/Ertiga etc. It utilizes 2 batteries, unlike first gen which had just one.

Some more points:

1. MT and AT both are getting Hybrid setup this time, unlike Brezza which got only in AT.

2. No change anywhere. Gets the same old speedometer with Black and white MID, halogen based fogs.

3. Tentative launch date is 28th July.

4. Will be priced slightly higher than XL6.

Note: Accuracy of this info is directly proportional to how attentive the RM was during his training.
Leoshashi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 11:42   #62
Senior - BHPian

The Scross needs much more than the points mentioned to match the likes of Seltos/Creta which have way better interiors and looks which in the Indian auto market is important, unless you are targetting the taxi market. The Scross interiors are ordinary and would remind you of lower segment cars while the other two look more premium. The only thing going for the Scross is the peace of mind factor generally accompanied with Suzuki's cars.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 15:41   #63
MUJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Some more points:

1. MT and AT both are getting Hybrid setup this time, unlike Brezza which got only in AT.

2. No change anywhere. Gets the same old speedometer with Black and white MID, halogen based fogs.

3. Tentative launch date is 28th July.

4. Will be priced slightly higher than XL6.
1. Good to hear that it will get the Hybrid setup in both MT and AT, it'll help making the S Cross Petrol more fuel efficient and in the league of 1.3DDiS.
2. The Interiors of S Cross looks premium when compared to it's other stable mates but is not in the league of Korean counterparts.
3. If it is priced over the XL6 which offers another row of seating it will definitely kill the S-Cross brand in the country. The XL6 costs ~11.50L to ~14.20L OTR Chennai. So anything above it doesn't makes sense and isn't VFM. Not to mention that it is paired with a 5 Speed MT and a 4 speed TC.
MUJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 21:36   #64
BHPian

I really doubt whether the Scross would cause any serious dent to the sales of Kia Seltos or Hyundai Creta. There is no hiding how archaic the Scross feels in comparison to it's competition, especially in the interior design and quality department.

It will be interesting to find out how Maruti will manage the pricing overlap the Scross will have with its own Brezza. The latter, since having lost the sub-four-meter tax advantage due to the 1.5 petrol engine, does feel overpriced.

Last edited by sureshkishore : 12th July 2020 at 21:37.
sureshkishore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 15:34   #65
BHPian

If they are planning to price it at a premium when compared to the XL6 then I guess, we will soon see a news on Team-Bhp 'Maruti Suzuki discontinues S-Cross.'
I don't know how people at Maruti can think. To them, the cost of rear disc brake is more than two rows of seats.
abhi9044 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 20:48   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi9044 View Post
If they are planning to price it at a premium when compared to the XL6 then I guess, we will soon see a news on Team-Bhp 'Maruti Suzuki discontinues S-Cross.'
This is highly probable if a diesel engine doesn't show up. .
But the diesel will show up & the SCross will live on I think. This is more of a stop gap till then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi9044 View Post
I don't know how people at Maruti can think. To them, the cost of rear disc brake is more than two rows of seats.
This isn't right exactly. The build & material quality difference in the XL6 and SCross is definitely noticeable. The SCross is a very capable and pretty rugged car with the right power-train. The XL6 has just 1 more row of seats, not 2 . And given the quality of those seats, I won't be surprised if the cost of the disc brakes is actually more than them.
Reinhard is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 23:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

I've always had a soft corner for the S-Cross. Just like the Brezza, this one too is based on a global platform so it feels a bit 'tight' compared to XL-6. Just need to see how well the 1.5 Petrol behaves on this car.

Whatever be the price, it sure will be a sweeter deal once they start offering discounts as it is not going to sell like hot cakes. My guess is people might compare S-Cross with the Vitara Brezza or Ciaz and not the XL-6 once they step inside a Maruti Suzuki showroom.
NiInJa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 00:13   #68
BHPian

Hello All,

Will it be a new steering wheel for the SCross like the new Swifts? Or will it be the same disappointing age old wheel?

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 19:33   #69
BHPian

If they introduce S-cross with the same old and nearly two decades old 4 speed TC again, it would be a big shame for Maruti. If we compare the entire Maruti product line up, S-Cross has better build quality than all other Maruti Products. So, its a good product for Maruti, provided if they treat it properly with latest technology, so that it can stand at lest next to the other brands in the same segment.
pkothak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 20:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

In this segment, somehow I feel Maruti can do better with Petrol Engine than diesel if done properly. They need to make sure that they get powerful, sporty & punchy petrol engine in both manual and automatic avatar. Surely this class of buyers will love powerful petrol with CVT. Hope for the best, Maruti are you listening?
Old 15th July 2020, 11:01   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
In this segment, somehow I feel Maruti can do better with Petrol Engine than diesel if done properly. They need to make sure that they get powerful, sporty & punchy petrol engine in both manual and automatic avatar. Surely this class of buyers will love powerful petrol with CVT. Hope for the best, Maruti are you listening?
Hey man, I agree with your viewpoint here until you said CVT. I don't think a CVT would do justice to the car(rubber band effect :/) even though it's great for those looking for better mileage though.
A newer 5/6 Speed AT ought to do a much better job than a CVT, in my opinion.
Old 15th July 2020, 11:35   #72
Senior - BHPian

S-Cross without the Diesel option hardly has any USP, hope they launch it with 1.5L Bs6 diesel to keep the numbers up.
Old 16th July 2020, 17:54   #73
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki S-cross petrol launch and prices to be revealed on July 29.
Expected to be priced at the same level as the Renault Duster.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...july-29-418043

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th July 2020 at 17:59.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 18:27   #74
Senior - BHPian

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L petrol could be launched on August 5

According to a media report, Maruti Suzuki is likely to launch the S-Cross 1.5-litre petrol version on August 5, 2020.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Smart Hybrid Petrol, now launched at Rs. 8.39 lakhs-scross.jpg

The S-Cross 1.5L petrol was initially scheduled to go on sale in April, this year, but had to be postponed due to the Covid-19 outbreak. It was reported that the car could be launched at the end of July, however Maruti seems to have re-scheduled the launch once again.

The S-Cross will be powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine with a mild-hybrid system which produces 103 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 138 Nm @ 4,400 rpm. The engine will be paired with either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission.

Reports suggest that the Maruti S-Cross 1.5L petrol will be offered in four variants - Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The automatic transmission is likely to be available in Delta, Zeta and Alpha trims.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 17th July 2020 at 18:29.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 18:48   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

I really don't understand how that mediocre 1.5 liter petrol can do justice to the SCross. It is the best chassis in the current Maruti lineup and it definitely needs a better engine (atleast the 1.5 liter diesel).

The 1.3 MJD felt the most sluggish (not sure about Ertiga, as I haven't driven it) in the SCross. The heft of the car and the 89 bhp with that turbo lag actually spoils the driving experience of a rather nice car. 1.5 petrol feels "adequate" in the ciaz, which is a lot lighter than the SCross.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks