Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2020, 16:35   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Smart Hybrid Petrol, now launched at Rs. 8.39 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Honestly, their words in the video and what they have delivered doesn't seem to match. T]
Honestly, watching them extolling the virtues of the S-Cross looked so awkward.There is simply nothing that they can uniquely claim in terms of capability vis-a-vis its competitors. One may argue that S-Cross competes with lower variants of the Seltos/Creta, but I believe they have better space (including boot space). Even if the S Cross had ESP as standard, I would have granted MSIL some points, ignoring the weak engine.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 16:46   #152
BHPian

Zeta MT variant is quite decently specced for 9.95L, gets almost all features except few not-so-important LED lightings and interior leather treatment. Alpha is ridiculously priced- It's almost like Maruti doesn't want to sell the top-variant at all.

What I don't understand is the presence of only 2 airbags. 4/6 airbags, 1.5P NA, all-wheel discs, 4.3m length, M-badge and decent build quality would have made S-Cross a compelling petrol alternative to sub-4m crossovers from pricing perspective. It might still find buyers though.
kkstile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 16:59   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

Titanium+ and the S variants have major feature advantage in the form of 6 airbags, sunroof, traction control to name a few.
You forgot to mention S-Cross has 4 discs, Hybrid Engine, Better Mileage, Bigger boot, longer wheel base and bigger stance. All I am saying is not to compare it with sub 4-meter suv's. It is not rival for Ecosport. It is rival for Creta, Kicks and Seltos petrol variants only.
Old 5th August 2020, 17:21   #154
BHPian

15.5 lac on road Bengaluru for the Alpha automatic is just ridiculously overpriced for a 4 speed torque converter. Zeta manual is the only variant which looks like a value for money buy.
Maruti missed a big opportunity of not offering sunroof and side airbags in the Alpha variant as even smaller sub 4 meter SUV's offer these features in todays date.

Last edited by Sahilrai166 : 5th August 2020 at 17:43.
Sahilrai166 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 17:43   #155
BHPian

My price estimate was spot on. I'm so glad I did not wait for this car, no matter how much I've always wanted to own one. Maruti has been extremely greedy with the recent launches and I'm sure Kia and Hyundai must be having a good loud laugh. The automatic pricing are super optimistic. Take a test drive in that 4 speed TC and you'll wonder what is the premium asked for ! Good luck Maruti. The S-Cross is the ONLY car in your stable that has a European build, but afterall, greed is never ending and I hope the market gives that message to you very clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Looking at the way they have been greedy with the Brezza base variant automatic pricing, Scross will be 13 lacs + on road for the cheapest automatic variant.
Dieselritzer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 17:48   #156
Senior - BHPian

Here is the brochure

[ATTACH=scross-brochure.pdf]2038461[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scross-brochure.pdf (1.73 MB, 399 views)
Venkatesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 18:21   #157
BHPian

Scross Petrol v/s rivals , after Duster getting the turbo petrol very soon Scross will be the only car in its segment without a Turbo . Notice the pricing brought it too close to the rivals .

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Smart Hybrid Petrol, now launched at Rs. 8.39 lakhs-20200805_181631.jpg

Autocar

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 5th August 2020 at 18:28.
TorqueIndia is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 18:24   #158
BHPian

If i was Hormadz Sorabjee, I would ask a simple question as to why they are not bringing any new Autoboxes / DCTs in their so called premium Nexa offering where S-Cross sits at the top of the pie, instead of beating around the bush.

Also the justification of using 1.5NA petrol compared to Turbo petrols based on customer feedback is ridiculous. Look at how Seltos, Venue is selling with Turbo Petrols. Shashank repeatedly calls the 1.5NA as Powerful

They want to downplay the fact that they want to keep their product costs low and in the ballpark. Not happening Maruti.

There is no justification for some of their actions for not giving better products and features in 2020 like better Autoboxes, DCTs, Sunroof, better interiors and MID in Brezza etc.
NFS2024 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 18:57   #159
BHPian

Slightly off topic, but my general perception about all SUVs in 10-14 lac range is that each of them misses out on one thing out features, space and power.
EcoSport, Venue, XUV300, Nexon- Powerful & feature loaded but not spacious enough.
Creta, Seltos Base Variants- Powerful & Spacious But No Modern Features.
Duster, Kicks, S-Cross- Spacious & Feature Loaded But Underpowered
Brezza- A Vanilla Car.
Aakash118 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 19:53   #160
BHPian

Though pitched against Creta/Seltos/Kicks etc in todays world where cross segment shopping is so comon one needs to have differentiating factors to stand out from lower segments and create a sense of value which will propell customers to stretch and go for it ignoring the segment below.
I sincerely think there was an opportunity to position this a lakh lesser to show that value.
Earlier in 2015 this was a good value alternative to Creta models at same price range and my cousin did buy the zeta diesel. Don't see that hapenning now as there are too many options in the market in the current price range in which it has been launched.
Old 5th August 2020, 20:04   #161
BHPian

This is sad effort indeed, but was it unexpected? Do not think so.

In S-Cross, Suzuki always had it's most un-Suzuki like product. The Suzuki formula is a inoffensively designed, ultra light, fuel efficient, no steering feel, spacious breadbox designs.

The S-Cross is anything but inoffensive- you are at best strictly ok with it, very few are lovers of the design.

The S-Cross weights over 1200 kgs and that is a heavyweight by Maruti standards. The steering always felt better than other Marutis, it drove quiet well, especially with the 1.6 diesel, and reasonably spacious.

All 4 discs? OMG....

The S-Cross is as European as Maruti can make them.

But pricing the petrol at the same price as the diesel without suitable feature upgrade is a sad move. But didnt they do the same thing with the Brezza petrol?

The anemic auto may drive away enthusiasts but think core Maruti audience may not mind it.

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 5th August 2020 at 20:31.
Old 5th August 2020, 20:07   #162
BHPian

I am so glad i did not wait for this car.

Me and my father really like SCross. The build, space and comfort is really good. We had finalized it for our next purchase and were awaiting launch.

Couple of weeks ago we came across a low mileage Corolla Altis. After due diligence, we went ahead with the purchase. I am so glad now that we did buy it.

These prices specially for Automatic are atrocious.
Old 5th August 2020, 20:40   #163
BHPian

The EMI difference will be negligible for a 5 year loan when compared to lower variants of Creta/Seltos. Who will buy this glorified dinosaur running a WW2 era 4 speed automatic and stale out-dated interiors with an anaemic and impotent petrol motor. I know Maruti can basically sell anything with 4 wheels and a steering but i have no hesitation to say this is the most overpriced car, period.
needforspeed88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 20:42   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
You forgot to mention S-Cross has 4 discs, Hybrid Engine, Better Mileage, Bigger boot, longer wheel base and bigger stance. All I am saying is not to compare it with sub 4-meter suv's. It is not rival for Ecosport. It is rival for Creta, Kicks and Seltos petrol variants only.
You are right that one should not compare S-Cross with sub 4-meter SUVs as these are different segments. But we should also refrain from glorifying it as a "Hybrid" offering - there ain't any hybrid engine under the hood. Please also note that the boot space is not significantly larger (w.r.t Ecosport) unless you put the seat in uncomfortably upright position.
Old 5th August 2020, 20:50   #165
BHPian

One of my friends was eagerly waiting for this launch, and has booked a Zeta AT. Most of us are really missing the point here. There is no big/full size crossover AT option at this price point. Seltos, Creta etc start their AT range at much higher pricepoints. And other Sub-4meter cars just dont cut it to an audience looking for space. Only thing missing here is a good 1.5l diesel.
ynike99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks