Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2019, 19:49   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Where can I find the pics of S DCT version?
Haven't come across any pics yet but here's a nice video of S DCT variant I found on Youtube:

self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 18:35   #932
BHPian

There are news reports that Hyundai will be hiking pricing by about Rs. 10,000 (Rs. 9,200 in some reports) with effect from August 1. I also received a WhatsApp communication from the dealer in this regard. Would this hike be applicable to Venue as well?

I remember Maruti had hiked prices sometime after launching the new Ertiga but had not hiked Ertiga's price, being a new launch. Just thinking aloud if the same can be a consideration for Venue as well.
Old 26th July 2019, 18:43   #933
Senior - BHPian

Venue and Kona EV are not getting the price hike.
fx45 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 00:52   #934
BHPian

What do we have here! Condensation in one of the indicator lights:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190727_001545.jpg  

Old 27th July 2019, 10:20   #935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
If the same DCT will be in Seltos then it will be even more fun with the 1.4 turbo GDI engine. Looking forward to driving that combo soon.
The engine and gearbox have proper underbody protection . And there is so much space in the bay, Hyundai, give us 1.8 Turbo GDI Venue RS or GT whatever you call it

BTW, kudos to Skoda - they brought this turbo GDI and dual clutch tech to India more than a decade ago - clearly ahead of the time!

I like the Venue grille. A closer look showed that some part of the grille is actually closed.

DCT gets 16" wheels, spare is a 15" one.

Some photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-p_20190724_171509.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-p_20190724_171336.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-p_20190724_171452.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-p_20190724_171317.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-p_20190724_171537.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-p_20190724_171543.jpg  

anandpadhye is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 21:49   #936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power House View Post
This is to inform you all that due to high demand in Denim Blue (TN6) and Deep Forest (RWP) colors in Venue, there is production constraint in these colors and the production of these colors will start only after 22nd of Jul'19.

Yes, above email communication from Hyundai is true. Even i got a copy of this email from the dealer. I had booked at MGF Hyundai, Alleppey, Kerala. I was quoted 1 month lead time for delivery. Now its almost 1.5 months since placing order & no sign yet of allocation for my order from Hyundai, let alone delivery.

Attachment 1890962
Has the production for these colours resumed? Any news/updates further.?
Old 28th July 2019, 08:57   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
What do we have here! Condensation in one of the indicator lights:
Have you logged this with the dealer, should be replaced under warranty.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 10:46   #938
BHPian

Dear all, happy Sunday!.

I need your expert opinions here urgently since my dealer is likely to confirm my vehicle this week. A friend of mine in Delhi has bought the Venue SX MT petrol variant last month - this is the same model that I have booked. He has faced a recurring issue - inability to move the car upwards in an incline such as mall exit paths. He says that the car will simply not move upwards in the ordinary course inspite of pressing the accelerator very hard (also the RPM only reaches 5000). It takes a lot of effort and time to move the car upwards, which is very alarming

I am very concerned now - is this an issue with the car in general or is this a manufacturing defect in my friend's car?

Has anyone faced this issue while driving the Venue?

Request you all to please help urgently!
CarStruck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 10:58   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
He says that the car will simply not move upwards
Is this his first manual car? Not to be derogatory, but I don't think any modern car would have an issue with climbing out of a mall parking. This could do with some slipping of the clutch IMHO.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 11:21   #940
BANNED

Quote:
A friend of mine in Delhi has bought the Venue SX MT petrol variant last month
Which one? The 1.0 Litre turbo petrol or the regular one.
simeonovitch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 11:44   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Is this his first manual car? Not to be derogatory, but I don't think any modern car would have an issue with climbing out of a mall parking. This could do with some slipping of the clutch IMHO.
Thanks for your prompt response. Appreciate it. No, my friend is not new to manual cars. He owned a Santro Manual for the last 10 years and never faced this issue. He has driven many manual cars in the past. He has driven his Santro across India including higher up on mountain roads. He is a much more seasoned driver than me and I have counted on his experience on my drives. For the clutch, I checked with him and he says that the clutch is very smooth and otherwise not a problem on normal roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Which one? The 1.0 Litre turbo petrol or the regular one.
Thanks for your prompt response. Appreciate it. Yes, it is the 1.0 litre turbo petrol.
Old 28th July 2019, 11:54   #942
BHPian

Quote:
He owned a Santro Manual for the last 10 years and never faced this issue. Yes, it is the 1.0 litre turbo petrol.
I haven't had a test drive on the 1.0 GDI as yet , so I wouldn't know. My apologies. This is indeed disturbing.
Old 29th July 2019, 06:45   #943

Quote:
I need your expert opinions here urgently since my dealer is likely to confirm my vehicle this week. A friend of mine in Delhi has bought the Venue SX MT petrol variant last month - this is the same model that I have booked. He has faced a recurring issue - inability to move the car upwards in an incline such as mall exit paths. He says that the car will simply not move upwards in the ordinary course inspite of pressing the accelerator very hard (also the RPM only reaches 5000). It takes a lot of effort and time to move the car upwards, which is very alarming.
I own the manual 1.0 GDI SX(O) and I can confirm that I have no such issues. I would like to think it's the Hill climb assistance that is confusing your friend? It confused me the first time, I unknowingly started going up a parking lot ramp in 3rd, stalled it midway. I expected the car to go backwards but it didn't (HCA held it for me for 5 seconds). So that could be the reason. And as someone else mentioned, it can be clutch slip, I've found myself releasing the clutch more in this car for a better torque release. Please ask your friend to release the clutch completely, and hold on to the gas for a smoother experience. It took me a try or 2 to get used to...

Last edited by ampere : 29th July 2019 at 07:25.
jeetdholakia92 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 09:28   #944
BHPian

Quote:
I need your expert opinions here urgently since my dealer is likely to confirm my vehicle this week. A friend of mine in Delhi has bought the Venue SX MT petrol variant last month - this is the same model that I have booked. He has faced a recurring issue - inability to move the car upwards in an incline such as mall exit paths. He says that the car will simply not move upwards in the ordinary course inspite of pressing the accelerator very hard (also the RPM only reaches 5000). It takes a lot of effort and time to move the car upwards, which is very alarming
I felt this way when upgrading from an i10 to Ford Ecosport Ecoboost. I found it quite challenging in the initial days to go up the ramp because of the turbo boost, and this used to be a cake walk on the i10. Had to downshift and learn how to slip the clutch more precisely, otherwise the engine would stall very easily and then it's a nightmare because the hand-brake would add another layer of complexity

I have not driven the Venue MT so I have no clue how bad the turbo-lag is, but I have routinely taken the DCT up ramps and the engine doesn't have a problem tackling the ramps. You just have to figure out which gear works best, and re-learn how to use the clutch and accelerator to overcome turbo-lag.
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 09:35   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are news reports that Hyundai will be hiking pricing by about Rs. 10,000 (Rs. 9,200 in some reports) with effect from August 1. I also received a WhatsApp communication from the dealer in this regard. Would this hike be applicable to Venue as well?
Source : NDTV

Quote:
Hyundai Motor India has announced a price increase of up to ₹ 9200 which has been done to meet the upcoming safety regulations. However, the recently launched Kona Electric and Venue subcompact SUV haven't undergone any price hike as the cost was already absorbed in their launch prices.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks