Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2022, 13:25   #1471
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post
I have put my Fortuner buy on hold and eagerly looking forward to the ScorpioN. Seven years ago I test drove both Fortuner and XUV500 and ended up buying XUV500 as it was a sensible decision and no regrets whatsoever. I love the vehicle and its so close to my heart. Now its again between Fortuner and ScorpioN. I am almost sold on ScorpioN but test drive will finalize my decision.

Any folks from Chennai planning to book the ScorpioN? Please do PM me as I am not familiar with Mahindra dealers in Chennai and would like to know about the same. Thanks.
I agree with your thoughts XUV500 is a very good vehicle, the same hold true for XUV700
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 13:33   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Thanks for the catch - updated the sheet to remove it, still arriving at 38 variants.

Attachment 2324709
There was an error in addition. 1+1+2+2 = 6 (not 7)
Hence total number of variants is 37 only, as claimed by Mahindra.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot_20220625133643_chrome.jpg  

Geta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 14:19   #1473
BHPian

Looks like a great product, however my concern is with the waiting period.
With XUV 700s waiting period exceeding 1 year. I just hope M&M gear up for supply chain constraints.
I understand that semi conductor shortage is real and 37 variants in no way will bring down the waiting period for the new ScorpioN.
Old 25th June 2022, 14:47   #1474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
There was an error in addition. 1+1+2+2 = 6 (not 7)
Hence total number of variants is 37 only, as claimed by Mahindra.
Good spot - Made this revisions as well and the final sheet is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot-20220625-2.46.15-pm.png  

84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 16:51   #1475
BHPian

Walkaround video:

r-a-s is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 17:17   #1476
BHPian

Another walk around video of presumably the same car

PrasunBannerjee is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 17:28   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-a-s View Post
Walkaround video:
The boot-space is really disappointing.
And the 3rd row seats do not have 50:50 split. At least that could have provided an option to increase the luggage space by folding half the seat.
Knightrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 19:13   #1478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Heard that the Scorpio-N's launch has been changed to 01 July.
New teaser says 27th:
ron178 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 19:52   #1479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
The boot-space is really disappointing.
And the 3rd row seats do not have 50:50 split. At least that could have provided an option to increase the luggage space by folding half the seat.
Yupp .. that's one of the 1st things I noticed and stated here several weeks ago when the 1st spy shots came out. They could have atleast provided a 50:50 split for the 3rd row.
Why Mahindra, why?
This makes it near impossible to travel with 7 people and luggage, or even 6 and luggage

Last edited by Sheel : 25th June 2022 at 20:07. Reason: No short forms, acronyms or SMS language please. Thanks.
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 20:06   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
They cld hv atleast provided a 50:50 split for the 3rd row.
Why Mahindra, why?
This makes it near impossible to travel with 7 ppl and luggage, or even 6 and luggage
Exactly. I am in two minds. I am thinking of cancelling my Carens booking and go for ScorpioN. But will miss practical aspects like boot-space, 50:50 3rd row seat split of Carens which were some of my key requirements coming from 1st gen Ertiga.
Old 25th June 2022, 20:42   #1481
BHPian

Now in 2020, the base of the new Thar was pricier than the old one by Rs 2.97 lakh while the top end was more by Rs 2.01 lakh. i.e:
Old Thar: Rs 6.83 lakh to Rs 11.74 lakh
New Thar: Rs 9.80 lakh to Rs 13.75 lakh
So by using this theory:
Scorpio Classic: Rs 13.53 lakh to Rs 18.61 lakh
New Scorpio-N: Rs 16.5 lakh to Rs 20.62 lakh
(Such an expensive base though)
In 2021, the XUV7OO base undercutted the XUV5OO base by Rs 3.57 lakh but the top end was pricier by Rs 1.32 lakh. i.e:
XUV5OO: Rs 15.56 lakh to Rs 20.07 lakh
XUV7OO: Rs 11.99 lakh to Rs 21.59 lakh
So,
New Scorpio-N: Rs 9.96 Lakh to 19.93 lakh
(The new base variant undercutting the old is also unlikely:/)
So, by mixing the price difference of the That and XUV7OO, this could be the price of the "Big Daddy"
New Scorpio-N: Rs 10.26/16.8 lakh to Rs 20.28 lakh
(I am just expecting this by M&M. I hope they do not price it at D-Segment Levels!)
Old 25th June 2022, 21:01   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Exactly. I am in two minds. I am thinking of cancelling my Carens booking and go for ScorpioN. But will miss practical aspects like boot-space, 50:50 3rd row seat split of Carens which were some of my key requirements coming from 1st gen Ertiga.
Woah....my exact same situation. I have a Carens booking which I haven't cancelled yet despite the 3* rating. Was pinning my hopes on perhaps W4 automatic of the ScorpioN.
But as you say, 7 seater practicality is now seemingly missing. Will wait for the reviews, but nevertheless totally confused. It's like there are no perfect options.

I am seriously thinking of Marazzo now.... Good spacious vehicle with not too many gizmos and blings and 4* rating. Let me know what you decide.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th June 2022 at 06:35. Reason: Typo. Please proof read before submitting your post. Thanks.
akannath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 21:37   #1483
BHPian

Damn. No boot space, no split seats in 3rd row. Infact 3rd row seats don't even fold flat. This product might struggle due to this

Quote:
Woah....my exact same situation. I have a Carens booking which I haven't cancelled yet despite the 3* rating. Was pinning my hopes on perhaps W4 automatic of the ScorpioN.
But as you say, 7 seater practicality is now seemingly missing. Will wait for the reviews, but nevertheless totally confused. It's like there are no perfect options.

I am seriously thinking of Marazzo now.... Good spacious vehicle with not too many guzmos and blings and 4* rating. Let me know what you decide.
Old 25th June 2022, 21:42   #1484
BHPian

Quote:

I am seriously thinking of Marazzo now.... Good spacious vehicle with not too many guzmos and blings and 4* rating. Let me know what you decide.
My case is more confusing. I am a Scorpio owner for seven years which I bought post not so good experience with my first generation XUV 500. So my first love lies with Scorpio N.
I booked an XUV 700 AX7 Luxury on the launch day and got call from dealer on 7th this month that I can take the delivery. But now I’m waiting for the big daddy.
But if the last row is not a split then I can’t have any luggage in it which is the biggest issue with my current S10 captain seats version. I need luggage space with 6 people on board. Moreover I think 360 degree camera is also an omission which shouldn’t happen in top variants.

I don’t know that I should listen to my brain and go for the XUV which is ready for delivery now
or
listen to my heart and get the big daddy.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th June 2022 at 05:43. Reason: See mod note
FidoDido is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 22:01   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post

I don’t know that I should listen to my brain and go for the XUV which is ready for delivery now
or
listen to my heart and get the big daddy.
My 2 cents. I will always go with my heart when it come to cars. That has worked for me and hope it works for you too. Issues of 6 people with luggage may happen once in a while, while you drive your vehicle pretty much daily. Considering you are a current scorpio owner, I will assume that you love your cars and enjoy your drive. If that is the case, one has to go with what heart says. I own a Thar and 16 year old scorpio. I cancelled my XUV booking and going to book the big dad. With Thar, we all know about the boot space and 3 doors etc. Still, I went for it. It is my daily ride now and it always brings smile to my face everyday. Boot space and others!! Well, let's just say I just don't think about it
alokk0912 is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks