Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 18:31   #721
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Everyone was waiting for XUV500 upgrade, and then came XUV700 and no XUV500 in production now.
This could be same story, after the big daddy, there will be no SCORPIO in production!
Highly unlikely Mahindra drops the Scorpio name, 20 years of rich legacy cannot be easily let go, it was the name that defined Mahindra today not just in India but also global markets.

Mahindra may just a suffix of prefix on the lines of, "The Scorpio Sting", "ScorpioN" but the Scorpio name will not dropped.

The XUV500 on the other hand was a relatively new product with just a 10 year production run, and moreover Mahindra has assured the name will make a comeback in a few years.

If Mahindra do drop the Scorpio nameplate it will leave many fans disappointed, including me
Cliff9091 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 19:53   #722
BHPian

Excited to see the teaser. They went a little overboard with the Big Daddy thingy.

Hopefully it lives up to the expectation now that they have over-emphasised how big this is...will be a disappointment if it doesn't have best in class 3rd row space.

And the repeated mention of D segment makes me think, will this new Scorpio/ScorpioN/or whatever else replace the Alturas and the next XUV 500 take the space of current gen Scorpio, below the XUV700 in pecking order?
Old 12th May 2022, 20:13   #723
Senior - BHPian

Came across this video stating info on the variants, can’t say how true this is since I take such info by these youtubers with a pinch of salt.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 12th May 2022 at 20:17.
Old 12th May 2022, 22:02   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post
Maybe they are talking about Alturas and not Scorpio? Afterall, Alturas is a D segment car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
The teaser talks about D segment and therefore my guess is that it would be something in the Alturas territory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
So is this the new Scorpio growing up and becoming the new Alturas?
Folks, I think with statements like - "let's take on D segment" or "D segment will soon find out", they are only implying that this new scorpio will punch above its weight. Similar to how Superb's tagline is "Best in the next class". It can't mean that they are going to launch a 35-40L Scorpio. That seems too far fetched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Hopefully Mahindra gives the option of 4x4 or AWD on lower/mid spec variants too and not limited to top end model.

I don't want all your fancy electronics, I just want a simple car where all 4 wheels are powered.
Amen!

Last edited by aah78 : 12th May 2022 at 22:29. Reason: Spacing fixed.
tarunjain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 22:09   #725
BHPian

Looking good but seems to have lost the macho Scorpio look. Too much chrome and cuts and creases reminds of XUV300. Looking at overemphasis on big size this seems to be positioned against Creta and likes, since by no measurement it can compete with Fortuner or other D segment on even size.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 22:23   #726
Distinguished - BHPian

Screen grab from the latest teaser.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot_20220512221844.png
DicKy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 22:27   #727
BHPian

The teaser feels quite cheesy with the word daddy abused a lot. The spy shots till now don't indicate anything that would make me feel that this is a D segment product.
octane_100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 23:37   #728
BANNED

I find the teaser as an amateurish work. Something similar to the "Internet Inside" badge on MG Hector. Or like someone adding a tailgate-mounted spare wheel on a Maruti 800. Something else would have made a better effect.

May be, they are trying to create all hypes and then launch the vehicle at a starting price of 9.99L to make a surprise. Who knows!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 12th May 2022 at 23:49.
romeomidhun is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 23:41   #729
BHPian

They have actually incorporated the Scorpion's STING in the design! It might be the SCORPIO STINGER since Mahindra hasn't officially declared the product name.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-screenshot_20220512233741_chrome.jpg  

imzahid is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 23:51   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzahid View Post
They have actually incorporated the Scorpion's STING in the design! It might be the SCORPIO STINGER since Mahindra hasn't officially declared the product name.
Agree. Even the lower set DRL has same sting shaped design.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 00:32   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzahid View Post
Not sure if Pratap Bose has any contribution to the design of this Scorpio. But whoever has incorporated that sting elements in the chrome strip and in the DRLs near fog lights has done a fantastic job.
Knightrider is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 02:32   #732
BHPian

Gents
I think there's no need to read too much into the advertisement speil of "daddy, d segment" etc. It's just that, marketing noise; nothing more nothing less. Remember those Axe ads " angels will fall?" Well no angels fell my way even after emptying umpteen cans I can assure you. Let the damn thing be launched and we'll find out. I seriously hope all that chrome is optional though.
Vtach is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 07:12   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Not sure if Pratap Bose has any contribution to the design of this Scorpio. But whoever has incorporated that sting elements in the chrome strip and in the DRLs near fog lights has done a fantastic job.
I'm assuming the New Scorpio is one Ms Kripa Ananthan's work, hats off the entire team. Too bad she isn't with Mahindra now
Cliff9091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 07:17   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post
Folks, I think with statements like - "let's take on D segment" or "D segment will soon find out", they are only implying that this new scorpio will punch above its weight. Similar to how Superb's tagline is "Best in the next class". It can't mean that they are going to launch a 35-40L Scorpio. That seems too far fetched.

Amen!
True the New Scorpio will become what the Skoda Superb is to the Audi A6, 75% of what the Audi is but at 50% the cost.

The new Fortuner GR Sport is priced at 61 Lakhs OTR (BLR) the Scorpio easily will be under the 30 lakh mark. Its best we do not dilute the standard of discussions on the forum by saying things like "scorpio is the alturas replacement" "fortuner rival" etc
Cliff9091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 08:07   #735
BHPian

I haven’t owned a Scorpio. But driven my friends’ for about 5-6000 KMs. These were my issues. What do we think will get addressed now?

1. 1 am 6’. Front row leg space was not sufficient. Somehow I had to sit within the confines by adjusting the seats in creative ways. It was an issue on the passenger side as well.
2. Body roll. Understood the construction was such. But the vehicle swayed at low and in high speeds.
3. NVH levels. Was not a fan of the noise and vibration inside the cabin
4. Handling: not very confidence inspiring.
5. Last row: We always left it for kids (or) for luggages with the seat folded.
6. Tailgate: somehow felt like opening a fridge door.

There were many goods.

But my attempt here is to see what would have improved?
sheelapratosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks