Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2022, 08:46   #1441
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
I don't mean to cause an argument here but how can you say it's a "strong and safe beast"?

The body shell was rated as "Unstable" and unable to withstand further loadings. If you watch the video posted by GNCAP, the A pillar deformed badly at impact. Furthermore, child protection score was marginal as well.

While it is true that side facing seats resulted in an instant 0 in ratings but let's not pretend that this generation of Scorpio would've been a high scorer in GNCAP test.

Hopefully Mahindra continues their recent good streak and Scorpio-N gets a minimum 4 star rating.

you don't sound like "Don't mean to cause an argument'. Rather your choice of words seem to ignite one. I can say its 'a strong and safe beast' based on my seven years of experience.

Anyway, without pulling this argument further, I will prefer to let the discussion of this thread stick to the upcoming Scorpio N.
FidoDido is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 09:16   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakash1412 View Post
I still can’t understand how is Mahindra going to position both the Scorpios. We have the XUV300 going till about 14lacs Ex-Showroom and then the XUV700 starting from about 13 lacs. The whole 13-16lacs window seems a bit too crowded to me.
For any OEM, thats a good problem to have as you can retain the customer in the brand. With new launches happening, Mahindra will definitely prune some of the variants to make space for new launches. Scorpio classic might lose some of the top-end variants and XUV7OO some of its low end variants. For someone who doesnt need bigger SUVs, XUV3OO will be the choice.
atluri_rkc is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 09:46   #1443
BHPian

Update from the dealer side,

Got my booking/ pre-booking done from a dealer in Cochin. Rs. 21,000, which is fully refundable in case I am not proceeding with the purchase. They are tight-lipped about the price as usual but mentioned it will be placed XUV700, like we didn't know it already lol.

Among the color variants, the dealer mentioned there is a special gold/ yellow color too. No idea how this will look though.

Just now I got a call from M&M, saying 'Daddy' will launch on the 27th with variants/ price/ color, etc being revealed, and with showrooms being able to give a preview of the vehicle followed by test drives.
thealtoman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 10:25   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
Update from the dealer side,

Got my booking/ pre-booking done from a dealer in Cochin. Rs. 21,000, which is fully refundable in case I am not proceeding with the purchase. They are tight-lipped about the price as usual but mentioned it will be placed XUV700, like we didn't know it already lol.
How did you manage that?
My visit to local dealer here, they refused point blank about bookings for "N". They had no idea if they can start taking bookings even on 27th - I am talking about Silver Jubilee Motors, Pune.

And some other thread talking about "KYC" documents - what is that? Because, they didn't bother to tell me anything about that if at all that is going to be a booking criteria.
Old 24th June 2022, 11:02   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
How did you manage that?
My visit to local dealer here, they refused point blank about bookings for "N". They had no idea if they can start taking bookings even on 27th - I am talking about Silver Jubilee Motors, Pune.

And some other thread talking about "KYC" documents - what is that? Because, they didn't bother to tell me anything about that if at all that is going to be a booking criteria.
Dealers are taking Aadhar and PAN card details. From my discussions with a dealer in Hyderabad, they are accepting offline booking with details on fuel/transmission and RWD/AWD. I also heard that they faced many issues/cancellations during the booking of XUV7OO in the initial days due to discrepancies on these and so they are taking specific details for Scorpio N. The dealer also confirmed that formal bookings are not beginning on 06/27 but will be a week later.
Old 24th June 2022, 11:16   #1446
BHPian

Anybody in Gurgaon having luck with booking Scorpio N? I am really looking forward to add another 4wd to my garage that I can take me places without worrying too much about the repair cost . And with Mahindra now making safer cars, I think its going to be the most sensible and cheap family 4wd.

Thanks,
Slushmaster
Slushmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 12:26   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
I got the same response from another dealer in Pune.

And I don't see any update from Mahindra yet, regarding start of online bookings, at least on 27th June. So I doubt, if they will open online bookings like XUV7OO on 27th June at 10am.
Old 24th June 2022, 13:06   #1448
BHPian

Hi All, had been seeing quite a few questions as to the size of Scorpio-N. On my drive to office had a chance to view a couple of vehicles on two consecutive days at close quarters, don't know who got the delivery or it was a dealer shifting, but the vehicle is significantly bigger than the older Scorpio, like it is Fortuner-big. It is a significant size and design shift from the older Scorpio.
Old 24th June 2022, 13:23   #1449
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Dealers are taking Aadhar and PAN card details. From my discussions with a dealer in Hyderabad, they are accepting offline booking with details on fuel/transmission and RWD/AWD.
I spoke to the Sales Manager in Automotive Hyderabad and he denied that any offline bookings are being taken for the ScorpioN.

Which was the dealer in Hyderabad with whom you have been discussing ?
Old 24th June 2022, 13:55   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Which was the dealer in Hyderabad with whom you have been discussing ?
I spoke to VVC Motors. Most of them are non-committal on phone calls but a in-person visit could do the trick.
Old 24th June 2022, 14:04   #1451
Distinguished - BHPian

My SA used to say the launch was on June 27th, stopping just short of inviting me. And he was affirmative on the vehicle being on display at the showroom on 27th itself.

But, today he informed that the All India(?) launch was on the 27th, and that he would let me know on Sunday whether the vehicle would be available at the showroom or not.
Old 24th June 2022, 14:28   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
My SA used to say the launch was on June 27th, stopping just short of inviting me. And he was affirmative on the vehicle being on display at the showroom on 27th itself.

But, today he informed that the All India(?) launch was on the 27th, and that he would let me know on Sunday whether the vehicle would be available at the showroom or not.
I checked it with my dealer as well. He says, it will be a Virtual Launch and the vehicle will not be available on the 27th at the dealership display. It would be displayed after a week or so later.

Swami

Last edited by swami69 : 24th June 2022 at 14:35.
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 15:56   #1453
BHPian

Spoke to my local dealer who has taken our KYC details. He was absolutely certain that the booking wouldnt start on 27th, instead it would be a couple of days later once all the variants and transmission details are out for the customer to make a final decision.

Sounds plausible given the rumoured 28 variants on this one.

What was interesting was he also said that they are taking KYC details to avoid the fiasco encountered during XUV700 launch with both offline and online bookings being made with the same details. Not sure what exactly would be different this time, but was pleased to note that they are thinking differently this time around to avoid the mess from last time.
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 19:08   #1454
BHPian

Scorpio N Variants leaked

CarDekho has published leak of Scorpio N variant lineup:

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...io-n-29276.htm

Summary:

Quote:
  • No 4WD option with the petrol variants; automatic option available with all except base-spec Z2.
  • Only the top-spec Z8 trim gets the option of captain seats.
  • The Scorpio will get a 2.2-litre diesel engine in two states and a 2-litre turbo-petrol unit.
  • Three drive modes confirmed for the diesel variants: Zip, Zap and Zoom.
  • 4WD is available with the higher-specced diesel in Z6 and Z8 trims
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpiondieselvariants.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-scorpionpetrolvariants.jpg

Last edited by tarunjain : 24th June 2022 at 19:24.
tarunjain is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 19:20   #1455
BHPian

Scorpio N to be launched at 5.30pm on 27th June

Scorpio N to be launched at 5.30pm on 27th June

From official Mahindra website:
https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/scorpio-n

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-launchtime.png
tarunjain is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com