Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 16:10   #2086
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Is it fair to assume that 5th Gen City would have the same NCAP rating if not better?
Yes, I would say so because, 5th gen city with base v variant comes loaded with safety features which includes 4 air bags. Not to forget, the structure was made a bit more rigid IIRC.
BleueNinja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 13:35   #2087
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAndArk View Post
In my 3 months and 6000 kms of ownership, have redlined the engine few times and haven't observed this issue so far.

The car pulls cleanly, to speeds not mentionable on public forums!
Whose car? Yours or Mine

So in our CVT we have done some pretty good speed numbers.
Since I am on Michelins 195 section it was extremely planted and confidence inspiring too.

On our day trip of 800 kms we have overtaken almost all cars except few Germans to be precise.

The issue may not be noticeable due our Automatic Cars and may be this is for Manuals.

Last edited by src : 16th February 2022 at 13:36. Reason: Typo Error
Old 16th February 2022, 13:38   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Whose car? Yours or Mine
Both our cars Sir, neither of them mentionable here
Old 18th February 2022, 18:46   #2089
BHPian

Hello All, I have a question. In my 5th Gen City, when I plugin a USB device that has songs in MP3 format, the songs do not play at all. Is there a specific format of files for the car to support or do I need to format the USB in a specific file system? Can someone let me know. Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 18:58   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
do I need to format the USB in a specific file system?
As per the manual, the USB needs to be FAT32, must not have any additional partitions on it and should not be connected to system via any extension cord. If you meet these requirements, you should be fine. Give it a go...
sankdadevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 20:45   #2091
BHPian

Hello all,

One quick question. Can we replace the rear view camera with a better quality one? The picture quality is very bad in the stock camera and no one disagrees. ����

Regards,
Sri Harsha
Old 18th February 2022, 20:56   #2092
BHPian

Didn't know 'Modern Steel Metallic' color has been discontinued in 5th Gen Honda City and got replaced with 'Meteoroid Grey Metallic', the one available in Amaze and other Honda Models.
It's comparatively darker.
Now, Modern Steel Metallic is only available in 4th Gen City.

Last edited by i_s_bajwa : 18th February 2022 at 20:58.
i_s_bajwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 21:11   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_s_bajwa View Post
Didn't know 'Modern Steel Metallic' color has been discontinued in 5th Gen Honda City and got replaced with 'Meteoroid Grey Metallic', the one available in Amaze and other Honda Models.
It's comparatively darker.
Now, Modern Steel Metallic is only available in 4th Gen City.
Was expected and bound to happen. A similar thing happened when carnelian red and alabaster silver were discontinued and replaced by radiant red and lunar silver. Honda seems to be one conservative company, even with respect to the colour palette!
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 21:11   #2094
BHPian

Today while driving on a highway at 80kmph my car hit a pothole and suddenly I heard a noise. Unfortunately the driver side's front tyre had burst. This happened just after the temple town of Nanjangud between Mysore and Ooty. Fortunately the car behaved well despite the trouble and I was able to safely pull over. For now I have replaced the damaged one with the spare. I need to head back to Bangalore.

Can someone from Mysore let me know a tyre shop where I can buy a new tyre? Mine is a ZX CVT model with factory fitted Bridgestone. I had hardly clocked 3500 kilometres. Nonetheless please also advice on whether an inspection of car is needed to assert any further damage.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20220219_0833522.jpg  

Old 19th February 2022, 21:23   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone from Mysore let me know a tyre shop where I can buy a new tyre?.
I think Madhus' have branches in Mysuru. You could contact them
uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 21:32   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Nonetheless please also advice on whether an inspection of car is needed to assert any further damage.
Check the balancing and alignment. Most likely it would have gone for a toss.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 21:36   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Check the balancing and alignment. Most likely it would have gone for a toss.
How about the suspension? Should I get it checked as well?
Old 19th February 2022, 21:42   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
How about the suspension? Should I get it checked as well?
If it were me, I would just ask the wheel balancing guy to check the underbody and suspension for any visible damage. If they don't see anything visible, I will leave it at that. Any internal damage, if any, will pronounce as steering feedback later.
sreerknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 00:26   #2099
BHPian

Hello Folks!

I had a test drive of the ZX CVT today at Ring Road Honda, IFFCO chowk, Gurgaon. The car is a stunner and the joy of riding one is amazing. The sales person seemed to be pushy but very knowledgeable about the variant. He promised a 2 day delivery for City (2022 make) and I was plain surprised at that commitment given all the delays I have been reading about in the newspaper due to chip shortage. I did ask for pricing details and while he didn't shell out a number (discount value), he did mention that the dealership will do something.

I am confused between the 3 variants. While I am loving the lights on ZX, I am not sure of the practical difference vs the projector LEDs on V. It feels like all the good things are planted on the ZX variant only. My preference is for safety and functionality, with max use in the city and occasional highway rides. I do love leather seats but not sure whether its worth to spend 2.5L extra on ZX vs V. My budget is also not that high...

Looking for recommendations on following questions:

1. How is Ring Road Honda dealership in Gurgaon? Should I consider any other Honda dealership in Gurgaon?
2. What discount value should I expect on any variant of City?
3. Any delightful difference in experience driving the ZX vs V in the long term?
saurabh89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 05:39   #2100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Hello Folks!

I am confused between the 3 variants. While I am loving the lights on ZX, I am not sure of the practical difference vs the projector LEDs on V. It feels like all the good things are planted on the ZX variant only. My preference is for safety and functionality, with max use in the city and occasional highway rides. I do love leather seats but not sure whether its worth to spend 2.5L extra on ZX vs V. My budget is also not that high...
The base halogens actually perform better than the LEDs. Especially in rain and fog, where the white light is totally useless. With the City, the variant to go for the the base V automatic. Value for money, with all essentials covered. The seats on the ZX are art leather. Nobody does genuine leather anymore, except in the 1cr + segments. You can get art leather seat covers from any good car accessory shop. Upgrade the tires. JK Tyre’s new inbuilt TPMS product is getting good reviews and feeds directly to your phone. That’s an accessory worth going for. All this will still save you 2L over the ZX.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks