Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2021, 19:11   #1996
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_s_bajwa View Post

Since you mentioned your daily commute of 120 KMs with Petrol CVT, i'm curious to know the Mileage Figures for the same ?!
It seems more of a highway run.
I stay in Greater Noida and travel to and fro Delhi and sometimes have to go to gurgaon and back which is a rarity, so i could say its about 40% open road with speeds of 60-80 on average and as soon as i enter noida its 60% city traffic madness sometimes crawling traffic as i travel during peak hours. The monthly figure for september i have a pic clicked which is with 80% Ac usage. I get 14-14.5ish with AC and now without AC its about 16-16.5ish

The best figures on the same stretch i got were during the second lockdown, where without AC i managed 19.5 kmpl
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-31648d3bd74a4085b24e66f533866ff9.jpeg  

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 24th December 2021 at 19:18. Reason: Missing text
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 22:41   #1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Yes i own the CVT Zx, The issue before service was slight squeak from the brakes on applying initially and also while releasing the brake from stand still in D mode,Plus the humming sound post 80 Kmph

Now there is absolutely no noise after i got the car back from them. Will surely update if it re occurs, i hope it doesn't ever
I have got the exact same issues, let me quote the solution as well to the SA in my second service
Old 26th December 2021, 16:47   #1998

Autofurnish 7D Mats for City 5G

I’d bought the Elegant Cord floor mats online when I took delivery of my City 5G ZX MT ~1.5 months back. Didn’t think the basic kit was worth the price. The Cord mats were of good quality but the fit was sub par. There was a considerable space left on the side of clutch which the mats didn’t cover. The factory carpet below had started showing signs of wear because of this. Also these mats attract a lot of dust, so very difficult to keep them clean.
I started looking for a good set of 7D mats. Visited a few shops on JC Road, BLR but wasn’t quite satisfied with the fit. There were folds coming at places where there shouldn’t be any. Looked online on Amazon as well, same fit concerns were raised in the reviews.

After some more research I came across this brand called Autofurnish. Watched a few YouTube reviews, the fit and finish seemed good. Went to their website and found out they have City 5G 7D mats. The price was reasonable too at 6.5k. Took the risk of ordering these with fingers crossed,
https://www.autofurnish.com/7d-luxur...ity-2020-black

They delivered the mats in 8 days, the packaging was poor. They had packed the mats in a sack. Yes the ones that are used to pack wheat and potatoes.
Anyway coming to the mats, as soon as I opened I realised the mats were indeed of excellent quality with a premium material feel. I quickly went to the porch to install these in my City, as I was happy with the quality with only the fit now being a question. Installed the driver side first, and as I was installing I got a smile on my face which then turned into a gleeful grin. Such perfect was the fit of the driver side mat that I was now assured that the rest of them will fit just as perfectly.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-78de938eea53444ba8d6b12506d383a3.jpeg

A point to note, all the 7D mats I had seen till now had a wear resistant pad on the driver’s side mat which was absolutely badly designed. Badly designed in the sense that my shoe sole would get stuck on it as I released the clutch. A big safety issue IMO. This one on the other hand has a very flush pad, which lets the shoe slide nicely over it without getting stuck. Very thoughtfully designed IMO.

Needless to say the rest of the mats fitted just as perfectly. There’s velcros and clips given in adequate amount to ensure a snug fit. The clips that hold the grass layer with the base layer seem to be of decent quality too. Should last.
I’m absolutely loving these mats, the fit and finish is just perfect. I’d highly recommend these mats to anyone looking to buy 7D mats for City 5G. Attaching few more pictures,

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-a24a8e4f5cca4ccba68d8d8edd4c68e4.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-ab5e6f3e66d54b3594f4feb111f25ffa.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-a661f246f5ff46c7a334d507b76c5dff.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-972f1c6b3c2b4c739f3f3937d4436446.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-89922bbc516343c3b73149595ff479df.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-65f01abbc49f43ec985a83060f2356de.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-0760658dc7c142dca97a71a4995ab08b.jpeg
aviator47 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 19:53   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Carhatke has the same mat for 3K and it is much cheaper than amazon. I remember reading a bhpian buying the same mat from this site.

Edit: I think it is bhpian @yogiii. He already replied to you in the previous post.
Bought it from Carhatke for Rs.3150 (took 12 days for delivery though).
https://carhatke.com/shop-accessorie...-new-city-2020

It is reasonably heavy and a snug fit both in the front and rear. Looks quite good. Significantly superior to the fitment of mats offered by Honda as part of their basic kit.

Need to use for a few days to see whether the ribbed pattern interferes with the driver's feet movement especially while using the clutch.
Also, removing the rear mat for cleaning may be a bit cumbersome since it is a single piece.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20220104wa0007.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20220104wa0006.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20220104wa0004.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20220104wa0002.jpg  

knockout is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 20:56   #2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Hi Knockout,
With due respect to the dealer he doesn't know and just faking it.
Am using it for last 8 months and it is brilliantly useful. Once you switch off it proximity sensors do not work.
Small risk is that if the connection is not done properly there will be a leakage and the battery will drain out.
Happened to me and it was eventually resolved.
I have a 2019 model Honda City CVT, and I have been looking for a good front parking sensor. I could not find it in the OEM accessories. So I'm guessing that you bought it separately and got it installed with dealership? Can you please tell me which one you are using and from where you got it, ?
Old 4th January 2022, 22:09   #2001
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashishkel View Post
I have a 2019 model Honda City CVT, and I have been looking for a good front parking sensor. I could not find it in the OEM accessories. So I'm guessing that you bought it separately and got it installed with dealership? Can you please tell me which one you are using and from where you got it, ?
Hello Ashishkel,

Mine is the original Honda Accessory and got from dealer only.

Sharing the image in case if it helps you to source the same.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-sensors.jpg  

Last edited by src : 4th January 2022 at 22:11.
Old 6th January 2022, 11:58   #2002
BHPian

I am facing following issues in my car:

1. When I turn steering side to side there is "Tak" sound. Is it due to steering rack?
2. Brakes feel spongy and clutch feels bit tight
3. There is too much body roll when taking spirited corners.
4. There is 1km/l difference between actual fuel economy and value displayed in MID.
5. Setting climate control to 25 degrees the system still blows cool air despite temperature being below 15 degrees.

Any suggestions?

P.S Could anyone guide on how to activate Google assistant for Honda City
Old 8th January 2022, 11:29   #2003
BHPian

5th-gen Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramanat View Post
I recently leased a Honda City VX CVT.

After 3 days and about 50 km of driving, I don't have a long list of likes and dislikes.
Congrats on your 5th Gen City Purchase. I too own a VMT version of City purchased at Bangalore. Buying experience was good. Have experienced Shuddering issues during minute moments in First Gear. This is typically experienced during bumper to bumper movement in traffic.

Purchase Month : Oct 2021
Odo - 1600 kms

While I complained they changed the friction plate and pressure plate, still issue remains. Iam now told please drive it for 5000kms for it have a sufficient wear and tear while it eventually settles down.

I.was furious considering plant too did not bother to lodge it as an issue. As a customer feel highly let down by both dealer and Honda plant. Honestly they should have mentioned this in their user catalog about a new car will have issues and will eventually settle down once you drive it more often.

Can any of you share any thought on this observation of mine

@Moderator : request you to kindly look into my coments and place it in the right forum link considering this is my first post.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th January 2022 at 20:24.
SeshSrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 13:18   #2004
BHPian

Hey everyone,

New member here and I am planning to purchase this car as my 1st. The top manual petrol model which is coming for 15.75L roughly. Just waiting to get the BH plate in HR before I purchase.

If anyone from Gurgaon can share their experience on broken roads and speedbreakers since I am a bit worried about the ground clearence.

Also, read this thread and there seems to be divided opinion on the front parking sensor. I asked the sales person and he mentioned it isn't that useful. This is my 1st sedan, so I am interested in picking it up if that makes sense to. Any ideas?

Thanks!
LordSpymaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 16:26   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
Hey everyone,

New member here and I am planning to purchase this car as my 1st. The top manual petrol model which is coming for 15.75L roughly. Just waiting to get the BH plate in HR before I purchase.

If anyone from Gurgaon can share their experience on broken roads and speedbreakers since I am a bit worried about the ground clearence.
Welcome to the forum. As per my experience the car will not give you any trouble in any broken road or speed breaker in Gurgaon. I have been to Spiti in my car without any issue.

One advice: be sure to bargain with the sales person during the purchase and if you want to go for extended warranty please get it during the time of car purchase as you cannot go for unlimited km warranty for 4th and 5th year after 300 days of purchase of car.

All the best.
Learner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 21:47   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post

1. When I turn steering side to side there is "Tak" sound. Is it due to steering rack?
4. There is 1km/l difference between actual fuel economy and value displayed in MID.
5. Setting climate control to 25 degrees the system still blows cool air despite temperature being below 15
Hi,

1. No tak tak sound in my car, lock to lock turn left to right.

2. The brakes have been amazing throughout felt awesome no spongy feel whatsoever. There was a slight squeak earlier however rectified in 30k service.

3. I come from driving Suv's for the better part of last 9 years so the city feels like it corners on rails. Love the handling on this car

4. Mid and actual FE match precisely except decimal places.

My car is the ZX cvt

Hope that helps
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 10:58   #2007
BHPian

Quote:

5. Setting climate control to 25 degrees the system still blows cool air despite temperature being below 15 degrees.

Any suggestions?

1. I have observed this sound in my car too, but it happens only when the
left indicator is on and I turn the steering towards left. Checked with the
service centre and they said it is normal :|
2. Brakes are absolutely fine, may be takes time in getting used to?
3. I think being a long sedan, the back definitely tends to move a bit more
compared to the front while taking spirited corners. I'm more of a sedate
driver whenever someone's in the back seat.
4. Fuel economy indicator behavior depends on various factors. I believe no
car would give the exact FE figures, it is always a close estimate.
5. The AC as per my observation is a bit finicky. Sometimes at 25, it chills be
to the bone and the other days it doesn't get blow cool air at all. My
workaround for this has been, if you want the cabin to cool, put it in a lower temperature around 20 and switch to 25 after few minutes, else put it at 28 or something initially and once the cabin is warm enough switch it back to 25. I know it is not ideal, but not a deal breaker either.
TheWall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 11:13   #2008
BHPian

Quote:

Mine is 5th Gen ZX CVT. See below answers:

1. No sound whatsoever. Turns left to right - lock to lock.

2. Brakes are tight. No sponginess.

3. Haven't taken any spirited corners to be honest, but there hasn't been any body roll what so ever. Love the handling.

4. Decimal point difference between MID and actual FE. I enter the fuel log on Honda App and also maintain a G-sheet. Both numbers match with negligible difference in decimals.

5. AC has been working as expected.

I didn't have to activate Google Assistant for my City. On a recent road trip I discovered that it was automatically activated. May be part of permissions I provided while connecting to Android Auto 1st time.

Hope this helps!
sam264_2000 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 16:11   #2009
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a question for Petrol MT owners.

Whenever I cross a speed breaker in 2nd gear, and try to press the accelerator, for a second or two there is no response from the engine. I have to let go of the pedal and press it again to accelerate again?
Has anyone else faced this? Is this behavior normal? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
TheWall is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 17:11   #2010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
Hi All,

I have a question for Petrol MT owners.

Whenever I cross a speed breaker in 2nd gear, and try to press the accelerator, for a second or two there is no response from the engine. I have to let go of the pedal and press it again to accelerate again?
Has anyone else faced this? Is this behavior normal? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
I have MT and annoyed with the momentary loss of power in second gear. .
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks