Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2022, 14:01   #2746
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwajlearn View Post
Thanks for review. Can you provide details and review of dash cam you are using?
DDPAI Mola N3, for the front view. It is just okayish and does the basic job. Daytime videos are clear and captures the oncoming vehicle numbers at slow to medium speed. Night pics are not that clear, have posted a pic in the first post. Probably you can try it as a rearview cam and opt for a better cam for the front.

Regarding the PUC, at least for Kerala it is needed annually, as obvious from the RTO's SMS that I got.

Last edited by AnnaRocks : 27th October 2022 at 14:03.
AnnaRocks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 17:15   #2747
BHPian

A quick update ::

Another 600 km round trip to Gujarat and the more I ride her the more I like her. She is now just a shy over 6000 kms in just over 5 months and raring to go.

My FE on the meter is still at 18 kmpl with full time AC and sedate drives between 70-85 kmph.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 14:51   #2748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwajlearn View Post

Other thing is do we need to take pollution certificate every year? Dealer kind of mentioned that it is not required for this vehicle at all as it is es6.
Not required for the 1st year, post that you need to renew timely.
cule1899_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 19:41   #2749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Front windshield films, no matter the visibility rating, are a bad idea.
Thank you for suggestion. Finally got rid of front wind shield film, really there is lot of difference in visibility. After removing the film it left lot of glue on wind shield which took nearly 1 hour to clean.I have decided not to do any unnecessary addition to car unless its for safety reasons.
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 14:46   #2750
BHPian

Can some Delhi folks on this thread share their experience with the Honda service center?
I used to get it done from Axon but now they have shifted to a location not much feasible to go to. So I am left with Samara or Courtesy in Okhla Area.

Would appreciate some pros and cons if anyone has been to these two.

Thanks In Advance
Old 2nd November 2022, 15:32   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
Brownie points to Honda for removing sockets and providing just a thimble based horns in the City 5th gen.
=====
You should add a relay and a fuse while swapping.
Follow the diagram below.
Attachment 2124869
May i ask how the new chrome horns are doing till now? Which ones did you use, high or low? Do i need to buy one only or buy both from Boodmo? I plan to replace mine as i have a 5th generation Honda City as well.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd November 2022 at 15:38. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 2nd November 2022, 19:19   #2752
BHPian

Hi fellow 5th Gen City owners !

Has anyone got their stock horns changed ? The stock one is pretty weak and I personally couldn't find any workaround for changing it without removing the bumper. I don't trust any car accessories shop for removing the whole bumper for replacing the horn. Is there any other option other than this ? Otherwise I'll have to wait for a couple more years till the stock horn goes bad or till I gather the courage to get the bumper opened.
Old 2nd November 2022, 19:35   #2753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
Hi fellow 5th Gen City owners !

Has anyone got their stock horns changed ? The stock one is pretty weak and I personally couldn't find any workaround for changing it without removing the bumper.
I changed to Hella Trumpets. Bumper was not removed.
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 23:57   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan1511 View Post
May i ask how the new chrome horns are doing till now? Which ones did you use, high or low? Do i need to buy one only or buy both from Boodmo? I plan to replace mine as i have a 5th generation Honda City as well.

They are working really well so far, I am using both high and low and I have also added a relay just for my peace of mind.
sonil.luthra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 15:54   #2755
BHPian

I just got my vehicle back after second free service. I had been facing the usual problem of creaking sound near sunroof and they got it fixed after holding my vehicle for a day.

At the time of delivery I noticed a small notch of paint shaved off, ~6-8mm in size and probably 0.5mm deep. I immediately pointed it out to the guy and he mentioned a stone would have chipped it off. I was not sure whether to make an issue out of it since it was too small and came back. But now I feel I should have raised it then and there itself. I don't think I can do much now

I feel frustrated because we expect a standard of service from the dealership at the same time I felt it is not that major of an incident. I am genuinely torn about what I should have done.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_3082.jpg
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_3083.jpg

My family and another friend don't think it is noticeable, but still I feel hurt. What do you guys think?

Moving on, I would like to know what can I do about this now? I think I'll get it touched up, not sure if it's deep enough to expose the metal. I am worried about rusting.
c@rwate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 19:04   #2756
BHPian

^that small paint chip calls for a whole panel repaint which isn't worth it in my opinion. It's most likely a stone chip. While, it may not be the dealership's fault, I don't hold them in high regard either. The way they handle cars dropped off for service is appalling. I recently had the same on my car and the paint was intact fortunately and I got it fixed by paintless dent removal PRO's. If you have anyone coming from the USA, there's a product called Dr ColorChip or alternatively, look for Honda's lunar silver metallic touch up pen. Good luck!
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 19:14   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@rwate View Post
Moving on, I would like to know what can I do about this now? I think I'll get it touched up, not sure if it's deep enough to expose the metal. I am worried about rusting.
I will suggest not to do touch up unless the metal is exposed. From the picture, I don't think the metal is exposed. Touch up will make the mark more visible. Best option is to leave it as is.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 19:23   #2758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
I changed to Hella Trumpets. Bumper was not removed.
Thanks ! I figured out how to open the trim piece for changing the horn, will go for a DIY change most probably. Did you get a relay installed with it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
You should add a relay and a fuse while swapping.
Follow the diagram below.
Is adding a relay and fuse really necessary ? I searched multiple YouTube videos and they said that if the car has a dual horn setup as stock, no need to install a relay. I have 0 electrical knowledge so I just wanted to clarify. If it were to be a straight plug and play, I'd have no problems with DIY but if a relay is needed, I'd have to go to an accessories shop as I don't want to make any mistakes.
Could you please explain the wiring diagram ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@rwate View Post
I had been facing the usual problem of creaking sound near sunroof and they got it fixed after holding my vehicle for a day.
At the time of delivery I noticed a small notch of paint shaved off, ~6-8mm in size and probably 0.5mm deep. I immediately pointed it out to the guy and he mentioned a stone would have chipped it off. I was not sure whether to make an issue out of it since it was too small and came back. But now I feel I should have raised it then and there itself. I feel frustrated because we expect a standard of service from the dealership at the same time I felt it is not that major of an incident. I am genuinely torn about what I should have done. My family and another friend don't think it is noticeable, but still I feel hurt. What do you guys think? Moving on, I would like to know what can I do about this now? I think I'll get it touched up, not sure if it's deep enough to expose the metal. I am worried about rusting.
When I gave my car to the ASC for the sunroof creaking problem, they removed the glass, lubricated the rails and the problem luckily hasn't resurfaced in the past 10 months. Upon collection of the car, I noticed several dirty spots on the leather seats and roof liner near the sunroof and I brought it to their notice right then and there. The SA was apologetic and got it cleaned for me. Speaking of my ASC, there is no such thing as a PDI before giving the car back to the customer and this makes the service experience much to be desired. On top of that, they're very eager to call/text/mail you, sweet talking and asking for 5 stars feedback.

I had some scratches on all 4 sides and ORVMs of the car so got the panels touched up/buffed with my 20k service two weeks back. The very next day, our driver bhaiya scratched the rear left door while parking it in the garage and an aunty managed to scratch the rear left bumper coming from the wrong side in a narrow lane. I wanted to keep the car spick and span but it is just not possible in our extreme traffic conditions. While it does pain me deeply, I have stopped worrying about these things and just focus on keeping the car mechanically sound.

Getting the scratch touched up is totally up to you, just remember on doing a thorough inspection next time onwards when collecting the car from the ASC.
Yash390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 12:00   #2759
Distinguished - BHPian

The King of the C Sedan segment continues to impress, unfazed by new entrants

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 831
Size:  41.6 KB

Source: Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th November 2022 at 12:01.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 13:41   #2760
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India reached the 2-million-unit production milestone!

The company’s premium sedan Honda City formally rolled out of the assembly line at its state of the art manufacturing plant in Tapukara - Rajasthan, making it the 2 Millionth Honda car made in India. The milestone event was attended by senior leadership from Honda’s Regional Office including Mr. Hiroshi Tokutake, Executive Vice President, Asian Honda Motor Co., Ltd. and Mr. Katsuhiro Kaneda, Director, Asian Honda Motor Co., Ltd. along with the HCIL management team.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-hondacarsindiareachedthe2millionunitproductionmilestonescaled.jpeg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th November 2022 at 13:42.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks