Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2021, 14:33   #1966
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post

How I met your Mother - The Honda City version.

I married Catherine and we are living happily today and that is how I met your mother.
Congratulations on your marriage to Catherine. She will reward you with reliability if you take good care of her.

Quote:
I feel the NVH level could have been a lot better on this car. It is a bit noisy for the category it is in. I am thinking of getting a sound dampener in future.
I feel this is a perfect analogy than ‘HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER.’
The past 8 years of my life have been spent, living with Catherine's elder sister, Honda city diesel, and I have been married to my wife for 5 years literally.
I have learnt to live with it. No sound dampeners used.
Torque250 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 15:21   #1967

Quote:
I bought a 7D mat. Providing the image from Amazon of what I bought. The detachable mat on the top does not stay in place as the hook comes off as you can see in one of the pics below. However, I will insist that you try out a 7D mat in some other brand maybe. The beige color complements the look IMO.
Attachment 2245672

Attachment 2245673

Attachment 2245674

Attachment 2245675
Amazing review
I was looking into buying these mats for my City ZX MT for quite sometime now, but was holding off as I was not sure of the quality and fitting. Don't think I'll buy it now, the fitting does not look good. I'm so glad you posted pictures of these

Quote:

Another addition was the DDPAI Mola N3 dash cam. Okayish product. The Antivirus software on the mobile regularly detects the DDPAI app as a malware.
I had bought the DDPAI mini2, it is not great either. Can't really see vehicles number plates. But I was looking into buying the Mola N3 with GPS. Is the video quality good of this camera, can you read vehicles' numbers at night?
The DDPAI app is pathetic though, super laggy and not really user friendly.
Old 17th December 2021, 21:11   #1968
BHPian

Quote:

Dear Kids,
My beautiful wife and I decided to buy a new car. But before I tell you how we decided which car to buy, I would like to tell you how I met your mother, my wife.
Absolutely loved the write-up. The analogy is beautiful. Burst out laughing when I finished reading the first section.

Congratulations on finally marrying "Catherine". Wish you many years of happy married life!
vasanthn21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 21:53   #1969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque250 View Post

I feel this is a perfect analogy than ‘HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER.’
The past 8 years of my life have been spent, living with Catherine's elder sister, Honda city diesel, and I have been married to my wife for 5 years literally.
I have learnt to live with it. No sound dampeners used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator47 View Post
Amazing review
Is the video quality good of this camera, can you read vehicles' numbers at night?
The DDPAI app is pathetic though, super laggy and not really user friendly.
Night - Only if the vehicles ahead are stationary or maybe under 15-20 kmph. No such luck with the oncoming traffic though, even at lower speeds.
Old 18th December 2021, 03:15   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
I would like to thank Latheesh, Autoconsultant(awesome travelogue) , TrackDay(beats most official reviews here) and all other friends of Team-bhp, especially SRC(your go to guy for anything). All you folks' posts and interactions helped me in this journey. Humble thanks to all of you in the forum.
Congrats on the purchase! Glad I could help you make the call. Cheers
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 12:09   #1971
BHPian

Quote:

Dear Kids,
My beautiful wife and I decided to buy a new car. But before I tell you how we decided which car to buy, I would like to tell you how I met your mother, my wife. (Heads up-People not interested in reading my love story can skip to CAR PURCHASE STORY section ahead )
Brought laughter. Nice innovative narration.

Honda City known for long-term reliability. Wishing you decades of happy miles in your beautiful relationship

I had love-hate relationship with Honda city as it was the first proper sedan that i wanted to buy so much many many years ago but cursed honda for not sorting the bottom scrapping issue at that time, which they had fixed in previous generation, finally. Otherwise, its a gem of a sedan.

Last edited by TurboOnTarmac : 18th December 2021 at 12:11.
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 17:04   #1972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator47 View Post
Amazing review
I was looking into buying these mats for my City ZX MT for quite sometime now, but was holding off as I was not sure of the quality and fitting. Don't think I'll buy it now, the fitting does not look good. I'm so glad you posted pictures of these
Has anyone tried out these GFX mats?
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08P5CG5MJ/...5ZNMP3M9H43F1X

Finalizing accessories for a V MT buy. The Honda mats that are part of the Basic Kit, don't seem to be a snug fit, especially at the rear. The test drive car had quite a bit of sand on the carpeted floor, between edge of the mat and the door. It is surprising that a Honda supplied mat does not have accurate contours to fit the space!

The other accessories being considered are the front and rear bumper protectors and side body molding. Apparently these come in a neutral (black?) colour and will be painted at the dealership prior to fitment. Costs about Rs. 500 on top of the Honda accessory pricelist, supposedly for the painting.
Old 18th December 2021, 18:35   #1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
Has anyone tried out these GFX mats?
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08P5CG5MJ/...5ZNMP3M9H43F1X

Right now I have installed Elegant’s Cord Mats, these are good fit for CVT where there’s dead pedal but not for MT. There’s a significant space left behind the clutch which the mat doesn’t cover.
https://elegantautoretail.com/produc...nt=43582321557
aviator47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 21:27   #1974
BHPian

I gave the car for a third free service, I thought of getting illuminated scuff plates from honda's genuine accessory and after installing that car started showing smart key entry issues.
I already had the city logo projector installed and the scuff plates coupler was added to the same socket.

Car is still with the service center folks at honda. They will diagnose deeper tomorrow and I am expecting a revert by afternoon.

Anybody else who is using both illuminated scuff plates and city logo projector together facing such issues.
Old 19th December 2021, 11:54   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post

Anybody else who is using both illuminated scuff plates and city logo projector together facing such issues.
I have both of theese on my car, had them installed during the first free service have not faced any issues at all since then
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 22:51   #1976
BHPian

Hi Friends, need some inputs for two issues I face with a 5th gen City CVT that I own. The car is just 2 months old and in stock including tyre and has done 2k till now.

1) I hear a squeaking noise from driver side brake when moving the car from stand still with brakes applied. I had mentioned this to Service Advisor during first free service and he mentioned that this is normal in all CVTs. I didn't pursue it because I thought it might disappear after few months of use. But the noise is still present. May I know if any of you with CVT has this issue? What could be the reasons?

2) For the past few weeks I feel a low intensity but high frequency vibrations on the driver side floorboard. I feel this only when the car is in motion. And even when in motion, I don't feel the vibrations either on accelerator or brake pedal, but only on the floorboard. But this is not noticed by the co-passenger on her side. And it is pronounced when the road is not smooth.

It is not too bad that my foot lifts up from the floorboard, but this low intensity one is causing a tingling feel in my left foot now. It is like keeping your foot on top of a phone in continuous low intensity* vibration mode. I don't know if this was present from beginning and I noticed it only now. May I know if this is common in other City as well due to the road undulations felt on floorboard? If not, any pointers for troubleshooting?
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 10:31   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
1) I hear a squeaking noise from driver side brake when moving the car from stand still with brakes applied. I had mentioned this to Service Advisor during first free service and he mentioned that this is normal in all CVTs. I didn't pursue it because I thought it might disappear after few months of use. But the noise is still present. May I know if any of you with CVT has this issue? What could be the reasons?
I face this too. But I've figured out when and why. I believe it is because the wheels are trying to push forward when the car is in standstill with D mode. And the brakes are holding them in place. The moment I let go, it squeals. It only happens when I brake the car in D for a long time or press the brakes hard.

The same doesn't happen if the car is in standstill with N mode or I press the brakes lightly. That is how I've somehow managed to get rid of this brake noise. Had highlighted this issue during first service and they cleaned the brake pads etc. but not much help otherwise.
mAndArk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 10:51   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi Friends, need some inputs for two issues I face with a 5th gen City CVT that I own. The car is just 2 months old and in stock including tyre and has done 2k till now.

Yes that brake squeaking sound is there in my car too. when you brake it to standstill, move the gear to N and there is no noise when you shift back to D and start moving. If you hold the brake in D mode, it squeaks when you let go of the brakes. I guess it's because car is trying to move while brakes are applied in D mode.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 12:49   #1979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
I had tried so that I could show the Honda guys as well however the mobile cam Is not able to pick it up during video recording quite clearly. They are changing the front axle and wheel bearing, saying that's the issue, will be getting the car back on Sunday post which I can check for myself whether its sorted.
Update on the issue of brake squeak and humming sound @80kmph- After spending 2 weeks at the service centre the good folks at Courtesy honda diagnosed the problem to front right wheel bearing and hub, replaced the bearing as well as the bearing assembly front rhs under warranty, and i am happy to say that the sound has absolutely vanished, also no more squeeky squeeks from the brakes, total pin drop silence in the car. Giving the car some tender love and care today will share a pic of the happy katana once its been pampered
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-69c26ebb8f0b4addaf2254e802338991.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 15:27   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAndArk View Post
I face this too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Yes that brake squeaking sound is there in my car too.
Thank you mAndArk & Nav-i-gator. So looks like the SA was correct in saying that the noise is present in all CVTs. Bit strange that I haven't faced this squeaking noise in other Automatic cars.

For the second issue, I have booked an appointment with the Service Centre tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks