Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 15:18   #1171

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva Prakash View Post
I don't think it shows the warning at a particular tyre pressure because the deflation warning system doesn't actually measure the exact tyre pressure in each wheel, it compares the rolling radius of each wheel to check whether a tyre is underinflated.
We should also initialise the deflation warning system every time we change the tyre pressure, maybe the service center initialised the system when the tyre pressure was low and the car doesn't show the warning now. Did you initialise the system after inflating the tyres to the specified pressure?
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I could not find the option to reinitialise the TRPM in my city. Can you please suggest where the option is?
Old 4th December 2020, 21:40   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustavbecs View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I could not find the option to reinitialise the TRPM in my city. Can you please suggest where the option is?
Sure. First make sure the car is in P mode and then press the home button on the steering wheel.
Now go to settings using the scroller on the steering wheel and then select deflation warning system and then initialise.
Old 6th December 2020, 00:16   #1173
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I have two questions:

1. I have read the previous posts about ground clearance but couldn't find clear answer. I would like to know if any owners have taken their New Honda Cty with full load(4-5 ppl) in and around Bangalore? If yes, how bad is it? Do we need to be very careful at all the humps and pot holes (or may i call craters) in our Namma Bengaluru?

2. How is the CVT? Does the New City still has that classic rubber band effect? Does it get better in Sports mode? When in Sports mode, how good is the acceleration?

Please share your experience.
Happy mile munching to all the new owners
Thanks
bpapache is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 11:10   #1174

Looks like honda city is going strong in the segment again this month.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-citysales1.jpg  

R2_d2 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 13:07   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2_d2 View Post
Looks like honda city is going strong in the segment again this month.
While most of us were sceptical about Honda's strategy to have the previous generation City on sale in parallel, but it seems to be paying off well so far. And obviously, I think they got the pricing for the new gen also right!

Hopefully, they can quickly fix the small niggles they currently have and they would zoom ahead..
Old 6th December 2020, 16:05   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Honda is yet to start the sale of the 5th gen diesel sedan. I think once that comes in, the numbers might go up. The city is still a benchmark for the segment. It denotes class and status for that price bracket. Previous generations have also matured well.
Old 6th December 2020, 16:25   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpapache View Post

2. How is the CVT? Does the New City still has that classic rubber band effect? Does it get better in Sports mode? When in Sports mode, how good is the acceleration?

Please share your experience.
Happy mile munching to all the new owners
Thanks
Yes it still has the rubber band effect, although the paddle shifters help a lot when you want to make a quick overtake or want sudden acceleration.
Sports mode holds revs for too long and gets slightly noisy although the acceleration is good.
Siva Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 22:16   #1178
BHPian

Honda City posts 135% growth. I see it as a superb feat in a segment considered dying. King is back. Overall sales is more than Ciaz and Verna combined. If Honda can do this here in this segment, they should bring a CSUV.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-e6c44b67fd17466486052a075b958d61.png

Copyright of the image to respective owners/site. Source

Last edited by Aditya : 7th December 2020 at 20:23. Reason: As requested
saisree is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 14:04   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
If Honda can do this here in this segment, they should bring a CSUV.
Yes , Its really sad to see that Honda, a company with presence of more than 20 years in India could not get a Creta/Seltos competitor
tirumalavoleti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 15:49   #1180
BHPian

No surprises in Honda City topping the mid-size sedan charts. We can say its a complete car. The current generation Honda City has something in it for everyone. This car ticks most of the boxes for someone looking for a mid-size sedan.

Lots of space, good engine, decent driving dynamics, acceptable safety equipment, good mileage, connectivity features, Japanese reliability, acceptable looks, comfortable ride etc. Honda has included most of the missing features in the current generation city. It has become bigger car as well.

My current car is 2015 Honda City Diesel. 85k Kilometers done. Only brake pads changed in these past 5 years (touchwood). Tires are Michelin though. Swapped on the day of delivery in 2015. Those tires still have some 20k kms left.

About City's competitors, Verna disappoints in backseat space. Ciaz comes with Martui's famed baggage. Its surprising to see Verna not learning anything and keep on giving us tiny rear seat model after model, generation after generation.
samy1117 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 16:05   #1181
Senior - BHPian

I think the reason Honda sells more of City than Verna is because of Creta !
If you want a Hyundai, there are many choices.

If you want a Honda there arent especially in this size. There is no option to cross shop if you want a Honda.
srishiva is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 16:07   #1182
BHPian

I just came across this review from one of the Youtubers with a 3 months old 5th Gen City - complaining about a number of rattling components - most concerning being the vibration due to the front left damper, which he got replaced as well but it didn't fix the issue. Moreover, this may be a manufacturing defect on all cars.

I initially thought that he was going overboard but I noticed in the comments section that some other City users were also facing similar issues. So much for the improved quality all the reviewers were appreciating the new City for!

Would anyone here be able to comment on their experience in this regard? It would help some of us who are on the verge of making a purchase decision!

Here is the link to the video:
Aditya Gupta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 16:20   #1183
BHPian

Honda launches a good car, and it gets the respect it deserved in market.
It is difficult to "grow" in the shrinking C segment sedan space, and Honda does it again!

With their recent journey full of peaks & troughs, I really wonder if Honda Management realises these easy trends -

They failed when they tried to compete with Maruti (low quality Mobilio, Brio)
They also failed when they tried to overrate their products (latest Civic, Accord, CR-V)
All their new launches still garner lots of interest (Jazz, Civic)

Their USP was bringing good cars with apt pricing!

Do they have enough reasons for:
A. No Pseudo/mini/compact SUV yet! Even Nissan has one now!
B. Not launching the Jazz with 1.5 iVtec
C. What purpose did the Civic launch serve? It was neither here. not there

If they cannot root cause and fix this, what value do they bring to their org?
Old 7th December 2020, 16:43   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I think the reason Honda sells more of City than Verna is because of Creta !
If you want a Hyundai, there are many choices.

If you want a Honda there arent especially in this size. There is no option to cross shop if you want a Honda.
Well said.
If you are on a shopping and you enter the Honda showroom, you see only the CITY in various colors coupled with a Amaze and a Jazz. CITY being handsome, steals the show. This is from my recent visit in the month of September to a couple of dealerships in Chennai.
Old 7th December 2020, 21:50   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Took Delivery of my Honda City V CVT. It is in the Lunar silver metallic shade. The car is a breeze to drive with the silky smooth CVT and 1.5 i-vtec.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-car3.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-car.jpg  

TrackDay is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks