Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How many cars do you have at your home?
One car 295 31.12%
More than one car 634 66.88%
No cars 19 2.00%
Voters: 948. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2019, 12:49   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I have 4 cars and 1 motorcycle in my home.
Without Kwid and my previous 2 motorcycles (CBR 250R and Duke 390), Ciaz would have clocked 1.5 lakh km by now!

Also the motorcycle is redundant too. I use it occasionally when I feel the need for speed and adrenalin spikes.

Machi, I'm here since 2015/16 da but not been active as the interface on my phone is pretty bad! I follow your Ciaz thread, the official Skoda Octy thread Page is not enough for the cars that we've had in our garages. Add to those, the motorcycles!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th October 2019 at 13:02. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post please.
Sanjeev911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 16:29   #152
BHPian

Re: Number of single-car vs multi-car households on Team-BHP

I have one car at home and 1 two wheeler.
Had a bike and a scooter, but the bike was idle due to my working hours and the weather here.

The scooter is used for local errands or going into town on congested days if only 1 person has to travel.

The car is used for almost all other trips with me as the sole driver at home.
nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 10:06   #153

My household has 5 cars and no two wheelers. We all in a family of 4 use cars and I have an Octavia sitting in the parking pretty much junk condition.

My daily’s an Audi A6. It does appear to be a bit too long for long daily commute in dense city traffic, but the comfort offered in such a tedious drive makes up for it. We usually never use OLA/Uber, me mainly because I feel the waiting is a bit inconvenient sometimes and most uber premier cars in my city are tardy.
daksham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 19:28   #154
BHPian

We've got two cars, one bike and one scooter in our family. My dad uses one car and scooter while I use the other car and the bike. I don't use OLA/UBER unless absolutely needed because I find them less economical. They double their fares in a matter of minutes and sometimes the waiting is long too. I think it's better to own a car than using Ola/Uber for daily commute (old debate).
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 22:19   #155
BHPian

I have two cars- a WRV diesel for the office and highway runs and a i10 auto for wife for her school and shopping runs. I find the WRV to be very economical and a pleasure to drive on the highways, while the i10 also doubles up as the beater car. While the i10 is quite a thirsty car, it's very convenient for bumper to bumper traffic. I am not very comfortable with Uber and Ola as I find that they are neither economical nor dependable. Most of them are poorly maintained, which completely ruins the travel experience.
iVtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 22:37   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Our garage comprises of - Lexus ES300h for my better half with a chauffer; Volvo XC60 for me (self driven); Amaze for my mother and aunt both fairly old now - with a separate driver to keep saas-bahu battles at bay; and a Jazz for general utility runs and use by young adults in the household who have not passed their father's driving test. Our car fleet has peaked out. Over the years ahead as the younger ones fly away to build their own nests and the older ones fly away too I guess our fleet in going to shrink substantially. I see it getting down to two cars in the forseeable future. In 1994 we graduated up to 2 cars and in the early 2020s I suspect we'll graduate down to two cars again. The circle of life.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 19th October 2019 at 22:39.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 07:45   #157
BHPian

We have two cars - a Volvo XC90 for long distance and highway driving, and the other, a Toyota Corolla for local driving.
Krishnan V G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 07:54   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
Two cars appear to be the need for an average family. I use a Jeep compass for my daily use and for family getaways. We have a grand i10 auto that my wife uses for school runs and taking the kids to classes and stuff. The second car is an overhead but over the past 6 months, it has become indispensable.

Uber has become unreliable (I've had umpteen conversations about cash vs paytm and driver dropping the ride as my destination wasn't on his route) and
She driving the kids in a car than a 2 wheeler gives me peace of mind!
My reasons exactly, I couldn’t have put it better. I drive a crysta and my wife drives A-STAR auto
chakri400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 12:15   #159
BHPian

We have a Renault Triber RXZ along with 3 two-wheelers. My primary mode is my Pulsar NS200 which I rely on everytime I move through the city. I would say that a bike is very needed for city commutes, especially if you live in a congested city like Chennai.
But for safety concerns, we are evaluating a small automatic hatch for my dad.
Jagann13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks