Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2020, 16:50   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
TOI says, Tata plans to launch the Gravitas during the last quarter of this fiscal.
I truly hope the car succeeds & does well in the market. (Well all of us on an auto forum always hope so for all cars! What would we talk about otherwise.)

However - I have a feeling that the Gravitas is going to be one of the least anticipated launches of recent times. It will take a marketing campaign of unheard quality & quantity to create any hype about this car by the time it nears a formal launch. The steam is lost & the initiative is taken away long ago. A new XUV5oo is also lurking just around the corner.

The Gravitas probably will be the car from Tata that sees the toughest fight for survival. Ironic given all their successful recent launches are in much more crowded segments compared to this 7 Seater SUV area.
Reinhard is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 17:01   #407
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

I just hope that they:
1) Release a finished product, a car isn't something you can fix with a 37 GB update
2) Have the Automatic at launch
3) AWD and Automatic should not be mutually exclusive

These three points aside, I'm sure that it'll be a fantastic product
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 17:14   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
3) AWD and Automatic should not be mutually exclusive
If there's going to be an AWD - Tata better bring it in the Harrier rather than the Gravitas. Harrier has a better chance of making sales rater than a large 7 seater Gravitas AWD. The price + top heavy larger design will make it less practical for any mild off-roading. Harrier would be more practical. Then again - there is not really going to be an AWD in either.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 17:19   #409
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Then again - there is not really going to be an AWD in either.
I did hear a lot of rumors about the Gravitas having AWD and both vehicles share the D8 AWD capable platform. Let's pray that they go all-out like Kia. Regardless, Hexa XMA 4x4 has been spotted. Maybe they really are cooking a tasty and timely stew for everyone. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 17:27   #410
BHPian

I had heard long back that the Harrier and Gravitas will never get the 4X4 even though the JLR derived D8 was supposed to have it in the DNA. It seems during the adaptation of the Harrier, having a 4X4 version was not a priority at all. Off course we all love to have options but when it comes to putting the money on the table, believe me, there is a very miniscule market.
Take for example, the AWD version sales for XUV compared to overall numbers, or the same for Hexa 4X4 compared to total number of Hexa’s sold.
Now like all of the above members who have commented, I myself would be happy to be proved wrong here. However the chances of having 4X4 are more realistic on the Next Gen Hexa if at all it sees the light of the day ever. God only knows about a consistent product strategy from Tata.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th November 2020 at 07:32. Reason: Typo.
swarnava.ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 23:30   #411
BHPian

Now TATA seems to be catching the over design fever from Mahindra with the slash/step at the back for their cars.
Old 10th November 2020, 15:05   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Gravitas to launch in Q1 of 2021.

-Tata Motors is set to launch the Gravitas by March next year
-The 7-seater SUV will be its flagship product
-Tata HBX delayed further.

Source: https://www.motorbeam.com/tata-gravi...r-delayed/amp/
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 15:28   #413
BHPian

that's a correct move as they are establishing themselves as a good alternative to other OEM's with spread, reliability & support.

Meanwhile they should keep in mind that Gravita's would be old by 2 years at the time of its launch & hence they should equip it with latest technologies like autonomous level 1. as its competition would be equipped with the same.

Otherwise it would a dud on launch with no differential from Harrier apart from being a 7 seater.
Old 10th November 2020, 16:24   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If there's going to be an AWD - Tata better bring it in the Harrier rather than the Gravitas.
I think both should have it but if I were to pick I would say Gravitas as while its common in 5 seaters in India not to have one in the 7 seater segment only MUVs like the Innova dont have it. I think they should try to capitalize on the pedigree of the Safari.
Old 10th November 2020, 16:44   #415
BHPian

I really don't get what the Gravitas' positioning would be. From the spy shots above, it's clear that there is no sunroof. Apart from the electronic parking brake and auto hold function, there is no significant interior update. Rear discs, 18 inch wheels and 2 extra seats seem to be the only advantages over the Harrier. What exactly is the Gravitas going up against and what could possibly be the price premium? Curious to know what extra features Tata will bring in at launch time.
Old 10th November 2020, 17:04   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babruvahanaaaaa View Post
I really don't get what the Gravitas' positioning would be
It would be similar to what MG Hector Plus is to MG Hector. Couple of unique features along with 2 extra seats, that's all.

May be one variant with the captain seats as well.
kamilharis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 16:55   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babruvahanaaaaa View Post
I really don't get what the Gravitas' positioning would be. From the spy shots above, it's clear that there is no sunroof. Apart from the electronic parking brake and auto hold function, there is no significant interior update. Rear discs, 18 inch wheels and 2 extra seats seem to be the only advantages over the Harrier. What exactly is the Gravitas going up against and what could possibly be the price premium? Curious to know what extra features Tata will bring in at launch time.
If I am not wrong Mr.Pratap Bose confirmed to AutoCAr india at the auto expo that the gravitas will have a sunroof at launch.
Old 26th November 2020, 06:16   #418
BHPian

Seven-seat Gravitas SUV will be powered by a 170hp, 2.0-litre diesel engine that also powers the Harrier.

The Tata Gravitas SUV will finally go on sale early next year. This new SUV will sit right at the top of the brand’s SUV range in the Indian market.

Gravitas and Harrier share their underpinnings and some body panels
Seven-seat Gravitas is 63mm longer than the Harrier
Will be positioned right at the top of the Tata SUV line-up in India
Tata Gravitas launch: reason for delay

Earlier scheduled for a market launch during the 2020 festive season, the Gravitas, like a few other models, saw a delay in its launch schedule, due to the COVID-19 pandemic-related supply disruptions.

Tata Gravitas: What we know so far

The Tata Gravitas is a seven-seat derivative of the Harrier, but is meant to be more than just a Harrier with an additional row of seats. The Gravitas is 63mm longer and 80mm taller than the Harrier even though both SUVs share the same wheelbase of 2,741mm. The Gravitas shares its styling with the Harrier till the B-pillar, after which it has unique design with a longer rear overhang and a stepped roof to accommodate the third row.

Additionally, the seven-seater will also get unique alloy wheel designs and colour palettes to differentiate it further from the Harrier.

Under the hood, the 170hp, 2.0-litre Kryotec diesel engine from the Harrier will see duty on the Gravitas. Transmission duties will be taken care of by either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque convertor automatic.

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ly-2021-419262
Old 26th November 2020, 06:49   #419
BHPian

What will the gravitas get over the Harrier?
1) electronic parking brake. 2) all 4 wheel disc brakes. 3) two extra seats. 4) different alloy wheel design. 5) taller and longer than the Harrier, will look more full sized suv.

What it might probably get: mood lighting, 360 degree camera, non panoramic sunroof.
Overall it looks like the Gravitas is a decent improvement over the Harrier but not a substantial improvement.
Old 28th November 2020, 23:03   #420
BHPian

Second row seats and rear disk brakes
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-20201128_224041.jpg  

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-20201128_223229.jpg  

zaphodb is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks