Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2020, 20:06   #421
BHPian

re: The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!

I saw two cars on a test drive about 150kms away from Bangalore. Here are the pics and looks like Tata Gravitas doing test rounds. The car was definitely big and seem to have three rows.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-img20201129wa0016.jpg  

Dust_Harl is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 16:17   #422
BHPian

Rumour: Heard from a source that Gravitas might be launching between 3rd Jan to 15th Jan 2021 and deliveries by Jan end. However, no official word yet and timeline is approximate. We will have more clarity in coming weeks.

Last edited by Beelzebub : 7th December 2020 at 16:41.
Beelzebub is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 11:15   #423
BHPian

As per gaadiwaadi.com, Gravitas likely to be launched by late January or early February 2021.
https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-gravitas...y-in-feb-2021/
r-a-s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 07:17   #424
BHPian

Received via Whatsapp.

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-download.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 21st December 2020 at 10:44. Reason: Adding watermark
arungeorge is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 07:53   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
Received via Whatsapp.

Attachment 2094850
Looks like the safari and clean at the backside without too much badging. Rear wiper seems to be small for the area it needs to cover.
Avinash_R is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 08:53   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Rear wiper seems to be small for the area it needs to cover.
Looks like they part shared with the Harrier which has a slit like small windshield.

Really don't know what they have to test much, considering the Harrier is already revised, up and running.
Better launch the Gravitas before the next gen XUV500 hits the market.
DicKy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 10:18   #427
BHPian

Looks good and looks like the dark edition.
I have put my buying plans on hold only because I am interested in waiting for this and then taking a call on my new car.
The delay in Tata launching the vehicle is really annoying as I am very much tempted to consider other options.

Hope the wait at least makes sense and Tata launches this car with everything in place unlike the way they have launched harrier.
db DrivE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 23:57   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Received via Whatsapp.
This looks like an accessorized unit due to use of chrome on taillight, bumper, below gravitas badging and dummy exhaust (similar to Harrier accessories). Do manufacturers test the accessorized vehicle also or is this indeed a display vehicle for dealerships/media drives?
Old 21st December 2020, 03:21   #429
Senior - BHPian

To avoid the heat Harrier faced with Creta, Gravitas needs to be equipped with good feature list as Creta 7 seater is going to be out which will replicate the same tremor Harrier faced. Plus, it shouldn’t be a case where Tata didn’t provide completely baked vehicle like the Harrier initial lot from 2019 were reported with niggles. I only hope there’s sufficient homework done from back end by Tata before launching this big SUV.

Another distinguishing factor would be a 4WD variant added to one of the variants that way this car will hopefully fill the vacuum in Tata’s stable with Safari long gone and Hexa taken off the charts as well.
gururajrv is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 07:58   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Gravitas:

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-tatagravitasproduction121068x681.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 10:55   #431
rbg

Quote:
Received via Whatsapp.

Attachment 2095202
I am too longingly waiting for this launch. However the lack of boot space with all 3 rows making me anxious, I saw in one video there is absolutely no luggage space with 3 rows up. Also the lack of spacing between the tailgate and the 3rd row is also a bit of a concern in case of a rear end. If Tata manages to replace the star wars style hand brake and ugly steering wheel and 25% better engine groan then I can forego my desire for the awd and seriously consider this one. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the live picture.
rbg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 11:30   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbg View Post
I am too longingly waiting for this launch. However the lack of boot space with all 3 rows making me anxious, I saw in one video there is absolutely no luggage space with 3 rows up. Also the lack of spacing between the tailgate and the 3rd row is also a bit of a concern in case of a rear end. If Tata manages to replace the star wars style hand brake and ugly steering wheel and 25% better engine groan then I can forego my desire for the awd and seriously consider this one. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the live picture.
From what they showed at the Auto expo earlier this year, they are going to ditch manual parking brake in favour of an electronic one. Also while the 3rd row seemed quite usable, the luggage capacity with 3rd row up will remain negligible similar to XUV500 and other mid-size SUVs. Experts here have already said that expecting AWD/4WD in both Harrier and Gravitas is a far shot so I'm assuming that's not going to change until a facelift 2yrs or so down the line.
Still excited about this car and I'm also waiting impatiently to see how Tata has learned from Harrier launch and used the additional year in refining the launch product offering for Gravitas.
CoffeeBeans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 11:59   #433
Senior - BHPian

Tata should hire a chief designer who can even do a work from home from Europe.

Not sure if this can stand up to XUV 500. They could have changed the rear part after such a long time after showing the concept. It really looks like something added later in length and height.
Old 21st December 2020, 13:49   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Tata should hire a chief designer who can even do a work from home from Europe.

Not sure if this can stand up to XUV 500. They could have changed the rear part after such a long time after showing the concept. It really looks like something added later in length and height.
I'd say our in-house designers are doing a mighty fine job of designing the latest cars of Tata - Harrier, Altroz, Tiago, Nexon facelift etc. All of them have stayed true more or less to the concepts and the company would have guaged public reaction to the looks and if it had received negative feedback from majority of people, am pretty sure they would have changed it.

We don't even know how the new xuv500 looks like, all we are seeing are probable render sketches. Gravitas looks like it's gonna stand taller than the xuv though. Let's not dismiss anything without giving a chance. Interesting fight ahead though.
Avinash_R is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 20:41   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Received via Whatsapp.

Attachment 2095202
I’d say the color looks really premium! Reminds me of the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan’s Atlantic blue shade.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-d2f0e749de494148b0749abb4e76cc39.jpeg  

saikishor is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks