Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2020, 20:22   #121
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Hi carriage.retorq, I just started compiling my thread on TDCi BS4 vs BS6. I am just collecting some fine details and should be able to post it later this week.

I hope it will be covering all that you want to know.
Thanks Northstar. That sounds great. Waiting eagerly.
Old 1st June 2020, 21:11   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriage.retorq View Post
How does the bs6 diesel compare with the outgoing bs4 in terms of performance and drivability?? I have read many places that the second gear turbo lag was bothersome in the bs4 and do those extra 10nm in bs6 show at all? Any changes to tuning?
Actually the DV5 engine in the Ecosport is one of the best 1.5 Diesels in terms of having very turbo lag. I own an Ecosport 2013 TDCI and the car has only 90 hp (compared to 100+ hp in most engines of this size that came subsequently). While high speed acceleration may be a bit wanting, this does translates to very low turbo lag at city speeds. The car is only mildly turbocharged and has a very small turbocharger. I have owned the Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI and a VW Polo 1.2 TDI before and my mother has a Fiat Punto with the 1.3 multijet and compared to any of these engines, the Ecosport is worlds apart in terms of how less the turbo lag is.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 20:24   #123
BANNED

There is an issue found from past two days while driving on the highway. At around 80-90kmph. suddenly slight vibration observed and speed dropped down. this happened couple of times. My odometer shows around 3500km now and completed first service.Is any one faced this issue? Mine is diesel BS6 engine.
Old 10th June 2020, 10:40   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does the bs6 diesel compare with the outgoing bs4 in terms of performance and drivability?? I have read many places that the second gear turbo lag was bothersome in the bs4 and do those extra 10nm in bs6 show at all? Any changes to tuning?
I would really appreciate it if takers of the bs6 could share their thoughts. Thanks.
If you are coming from a good petrol engine, the second gear turbo lag will be pretty irritating in day to day drive scenarios, including traffic signal getaways, speed breaker crossing and general fleetfootedness (especially given the heavy weight of the Ecosport - the same engine is much faster in the Figo/ Aspire). I was just not able to get used to the second gear lag inspite of multiple drives over the years. I have regularly driven some of the best petrol engines in the lower to medium budget categories in the Indian market, and the TDCI turbo lag definitely did not seem as insignificant to me as some others might describe it to be. If you are used to driving turbo-laggy diesels, you might be fine with it though.

Have not found much difference between the BS4 and BS6 models in this respect either.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 10th June 2020 at 10:42.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 12:13   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
If you are used to driving turbo-laggy diesels, you might be fine with it though.

Have not found much difference between the BS4 and BS6 models in this respect either.
Thanks Arindambasu. I do drive a petrol, 1.2 ivtec in amaze. The drivability under 2k is pretty bad with more than 2 ppl on-board. But I still find a lot better compared to driving a terrano 110ps. As long as the lag isn’t as bad as in the K9k 110, I ll be happy. I have a td booked for next week.
Old 10th June 2020, 12:42   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arindambasu. I do drive a petrol, 1.2 ivtec in amaze. The drivability under 2k is pretty bad with more than 2 ppl on-board. But I still find a lot better compared to driving a terrano 110ps. As long as the lag isn’t as bad as in the K9k 110, I ll be happy. I have a td booked for next week.
Have not driven the K9K much, but in my recollection, that engine was also famed for good driveability, was it not?

The Ford TDCI is better as compared to say, the 1.3 DDIS, but the lag is certainly noticeable. I drive the same 1.2 iVTEC on the Brio, and also the 1.5 iVTEC on the Honda city, and going by these, the TDCI seemed a fair bit laggy in the second gear in the Ecosport. Try it on the Aspire/ Freestyle though, you will be pleasantly surprised at how differently the engine behaves on those cars.
Old 10th June 2020, 17:00   #127
BHPian

My BS6 Ecosport TDCi will complete 3 months in a few days and will be up for first service (which is supposed to be 2.5K km/3 months). My car has run around 1K km. The first service is just the nominal check-ups. Engine oil change is scheduled for the second service (which is supposed to be 10K km/1 year) and every annual service thereafter.

I am wondering if it would be beneficial to get the engine oil changed in the first service itself. Not sure if it'll actually be useful or a waste of money (particularly for the 1.5 TDCi engine). Please share any thoughts around the pros and cons of this.

TIA
Old 18th June 2020, 10:17   #128
BANNED

Ford EcoSport to get Mahindra’s 1.2L turbo petrol engine by early 2021 - Link
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 10:18   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Which pretty much also means the same EcoSport will soldier on next year also with usual minor tweaks to plastic panels year and there. I am not able to decide whether to be happy with this news or not.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 10:24   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Good move. On paper at least, the new 1.2 turbo petrol from Mahindra seems to be a powerful one offering good performance. I have been waiting for the test drive reports on this engine, and have a feeling that it will be a solid offering. In the Ecosport too, it will be a good mechanical upgrade in my view.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 10:34   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Which pretty much also means the same EcoSport will soldier on next year also with usual minor tweaks to plastic panels year and there. I am not able to decide whether to be happy with this news or not.
The next gen. is still in development with a Brazil SOP in end 2021, so I don't expect the India launch to be before mid 2022. Till then the current gen. will soldier on with tweaks here and there.

Having said this, the Ecosport with the 130bhp 1.2L TGDI should be a real hoot to drive.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 11:25   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I am wondering if it would be beneficial to get the engine oil changed in the first service itself. Not sure if it'll actually be useful or a waste of money (particularly for the 1.5 TDCi engine). Please share any thoughts around the pros and cons of this.
I had got my engine oil changed during the first service. I cannot say for sure that it has benefited me, but as per numerous sources it does help in keeping the engine healthy for the longer run. Also the first service cost including engine oil change is less than 2k which is very minimal IMO. I would suggest you to go for it.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 08:04   #133
BANNED

Mod Note: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2020 at 07:46.
mnaik is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th June 2020, 22:18   #134
Senior - BHPian

On this day 7years ago (2013) Ford launched the Ecosport in India which started the Compact SUV segment.

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-fb_img_15931895634720955.jpg

Source : Autocar India
Venkatesh is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 12:57   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
I had got my engine oil changed during the first service. I cannot say for sure that it has benefited me, but as per numerous sources it does help in keeping the engine healthy for the longer run. Also the first service cost including engine oil change is less than 2k which is very minimal IMO. I would suggest you to go for it.
So finally got the first servicing done. Though the service advisor informed that oil change is not required as per the schedule, I still went ahead and got the oil changed.

The service advisor was surprised to know that the BS6 1.5 TDCi requires 6.5 liters of oil as against 3.8 liters of earlier 1.5 TDCi. The owners' manual of BS6 TDCi too mentions the capacity as 6.5 liters. That is quite a bit of an increase in engine oil capacity! Apparently, mine was the first BS6 TDCi they changed oil for (which is fair as BS6 TDCi was introduced in Jan 2020 and no one else must've reached 10K km for the second service which needs oil change as per the schedule). The bill was Rs. 31XX owing to the new higher oil requirement.

Though there is no measurable improvement because of the new oil per say, overall the engine seems to have freed up quite a bit. Current odo stands at around 1500 km.
RishikeshK is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks