Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2020, 11:15   #571
BHPian

Re: The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs

If only they had launched an AWD variant alongwith that AT gearbox.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 11:29   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
A few more pics from a drive to Bhigwan last week.
Your cloudscapes are just rocking! TML should hire your services for their brochure. Did you have any apprehensions of the DPF/Adblue management in the days to come? That is one point that I would have in mind if I was looking at a diesel vehicle right now. Petrol seems just so peace-of-mind from that sense.

Last edited by manson : 8th August 2020 at 14:43. Reason: Trimmed quote.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 18:14   #573
BHPian

Quote:
A few more pics from a drive to Bhigwan last week.
Pratap Bose seems impressed

The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-img_20200808_180509.jpg
Karthik Chandra is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 18:24   #574

Quote:
Taken just on the outskirts of Pune a couple of weeks ago
Great Picture.

Did you get a chance to use the Driving modes?
If yes, did you find them helpful?

Last edited by Aditya : 8th August 2020 at 23:36. Reason: Quote tag fixed
MotorHood is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 12:26   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Your cloudscapes are just rocking! TML should hire your services for their brochure. Did you have any apprehensions of the DPF/Adblue management in the days to come? That is one point that I would have in mind if I was looking at a diesel vehicle right now. Petrol seems just so peace-of-mind from that sense.
Thanks for the compliment!
Regarding the Adblue management - it is something we have to pay for a cleaner environment. I would have preferred a petrol too - if there was an option which gave us 170+ BHP with 350NM of torque. But none of the vehicles in that range offer this yet; so no other option but to go the diesel way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Pratap Bose seems impressed
Oh this is so cool. Thanks a lot for sharing. I had no clue! It does feel good to hear this from the man himself. Made my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorHood View Post
Great Picture.
Did you get a chance to use the Driving modes?
If yes, did you find them helpful?
Oh yes, there is a huge difference in the City vs Sports mode. I will not go into the Eco since I tried it once and hated it.

City - is perfect for the city. Easy bursts of speed without drama. I never felt under powered or was left waiting for the power to kick in. The engine sounds calmer and there is very limited NVH that creeps in the cabin. To put things in perspective - you can clearly; very clearly hear the noise your hands make if you slide your hands on the steering wheel. It is that silent. City is also good for a leisurely drive on the highway. It seems to be made for cruising on the highway at 90 all day long. Barely any accelerator input required.

However - if you want to experience the wild side, push the sports button. The vehicle seems to down a shot of espresso, wake up and roar. The engine revs. You can feel the noise increase - in a pleasant way. The gears are held longer, downshifts are quicker. It is perfect for a fast and furious drive or a dogfight on the highways, if you are in for that sort of thing.

I absolutely admire the way it handles over broken roads, undulations, sharp shoulders and lane switches. Its more car like than SUV like. For someone who is graduating from a car to a SUV, it is a game changer.
ihrishi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 12:39   #576

Quote:

Oh yes, there is a huge difference in the City vs Sports mode. I will not go into the Eco since I tried it once and hated it.
Thanks for the eloquent response ihrishi.

I was looking at your pictures and noticed that you went mild off-road. I am more curious about the wet mode and rough mode that you might have used.

I am planning to take a test ride myself but I am not sure if I will get an opportunity to test these.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 10th August 2020 at 15:31. Reason: Mod note attached.
MotorHood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 13:32   #577
BHPian

Quote:
I was looking at your pictures and noticed that you went mild off-road. I am more curious about the wet mode and rough mode that you might have used.
To be honest - I never felt the need for changing to the rough mode at all. Of course I was very very slow and it may not even have made a difference.
Similar is the case with the wet mode. While I have used the wet mode when it was raining, it was again well within the safety envelope for the mode to have made any perceivable difference.

So to answer your question, I have tried both modes but I have not seen them in action to comment if it makes any difference.
ihrishi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 13:51   #578

Quote:
To be honest - I never felt the need for changing to the rough mode at all. Of course I was very very slow and it may not even have made a difference.
Similar is the case with the wet mode. While I have used the wet mode when it was raining, it was again well within the safety envelope for the mode to have made any perceivable difference.

So to answer your question, I have tried both modes but I have not seen them in action to comment if it makes any difference.
Got it, I am planning to get a test drive this week. Will share my test drive experience soon.
Let hope it rains so that I can give Wet mode a go.
MotorHood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 13:05   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Got it, I am planning to get a test drive this week. Will share my test drive experience soon.
Let hope it rains so that I can give Wet mode a go.
Do consider reaching out to Sridha Motors (SA - Omkar) for the test drive. I cannot recommend them enough for their superlative service; not to mention the outstanding deal I got when booking the Harrier.
ihrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 17:41   #580

Quote:
Do consider reaching out to Sridha Motors (SA - Omkar) for the test drive. I cannot recommend them enough for their superlative service; not to mention the outstanding deal I got when booking the Harrier.
Absolutely. Thanks for the suggestion.
I read in your previous posts that you got a 30k+5K offer on your purchase.
Did you also save on Insurance?
Trying to budget my purchase.
Old 12th August 2020, 08:17   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Did you also save on Insurance?
Yes, I was able to claim NCB from my previous insurance policy which brought down the price further. While they say that NCB is 50%, in the real world it should bring down the insurance premium by @10k

Mod Note: Our 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 13th August 2020 at 12:47. Reason: Adding review link
ihrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks