Old 14th August 2020, 12:45   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Was told by dealer E and Ex can be delivered in 1 months time
Old 14th August 2020, 13:07   #872

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiteshdivine View Post
Beautiful! Are those roof rails aftermarket? My understanding is that yours is the E/Ex variant.
Thanks! Yes, this is EX variant (Petrol) and roof rails are aftermarket fitment.
cbshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 13:31   #873

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbshi View Post
Thanks! Yes, this is EX variant (Petrol) and roof rails are aftermarket fitment.
Just to know your opinion - why not the S over Ex? I feel it's well priced for additional features, and I mainly ask because I am researching for my next car to replace my loyal, 10-year old i20.
Old 14th August 2020, 20:32   #874

Quote:
Just to know your opinion - why not the S over Ex? I feel it's well priced for additional features, and I mainly ask because I am researching for my next car to replace my loyal, 10-year old i20.
I think 'E' (Diesel) and 'EX' (Petrol) are the VFM variants, if one is ok with aftermarket fitments. But, now the long waiting period for base variants will be a deterrent for many. To be honest, 'S' felt a bit overpriced for the ~2L premium, key additons being fog lamps, camera, rear wiper, still no alloys though. If possible, go for 'SX', that's the variant with all the bells and whistles. But, again, if you don't want to go for aftermarket fitments, 'S' ticks the right boxes with a decent looking steel cover. All said, in my case, budget was the deciding factor, hence, EX. Hope this helps.
cbshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 05:18   #875
Senior - BHPian

Capitalism at it's worst. Hyundai is just ditching those who have booked the base variants - E diesel & EX petrol to sell higher variants with a greater profit margin.

This is where Maruti can cash in with a well priced S-Cross.
landcruiser123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 13:47   #876
BHPian

I booked the EX Petrol late last month and the dealer promised delivery by the 4th week of August. Unfortunately, I received a call yesterday asking me not to book a “custom number” ‘cause the deliveries have been delayed.

I didn’t get any information w.r.t the timeline of the delay. I asked if it’s going to be delayed by a month or so and he refused to commit to a time frame and said he’d share more details on Monday.

Here’s to hoping it’s just a week long delay for those that have already booked their vehicles.
Unrealistic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 14:38   #877

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbshi View Post
I think 'E' (Diesel) and 'EX' (Petrol) are the VFM variants, if one is ok with aftermarket fitments. But, now the long waiting period for base variants will be a deterrent for many. To be honest, 'S' felt a bit overpriced for the ~2L premium, key additons being fog lamps, camera, rear wiper, still no alloys though. If possible, go for 'SX', that's the variant with all the bells and whistles. But, again, if you don't want to go for aftermarket fitments, 'S' ticks the right boxes with a decent looking steel cover. All said, in my case, budget was the deciding factor, hence, EX. Hope this helps.
Very helpful! Sx may be an uncomfortable stretch, and I'm also unsure about safety, security & maintenance of the panoramic sunroof..
Old 15th August 2020, 23:42   #878
BHPian

What is the waiting period on the Kia Seltos though? Since the Creta and the Seltos are meant to cater to a particular kind of consumer one could very well opt for the Seltos (if it has a comparably lower waiting period). Hyundai would not mind that.
Old 16th August 2020, 13:11   #879
BHPian

Quote:
I'm also unsure about safety, security & maintenance of the panoramic sunroof..
That’s very true for people who don’t have covered parking will always have to worry about the sun roof being shattered incase something falls.

Hyundai should have got this sunroof as an option since all the safety and features in SX are a big plus with Hill hold control, ESP, Traction Control over S variant.

It also beats Kia due to these same features missing in HTX

Sx would be the variant which doesn’t need anything from aftermarket for 90% of its buyers.

Last edited by firstdrive : 16th August 2020 at 13:12. Reason: Comparison with Kia missed
firstdrive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 14:22   #880

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
That’s very true for people who don’t have covered parking will always have to worry about the sun roof being shattered incase something falls.

Hyundai should have got this sunroof as an option since all the safety and features in SX are a big plus with Hill hold control, ESP, Traction Control over S variant.

It also beats Kia due to these same features missing in HTX

Sx would be the variant which doesn’t need anything from aftermarket for 90% of its buyers.
I don't know much but what about theft, breaking and entering, etc? Are those valid issues or am I just stupid?
Old 16th August 2020, 15:38   #881
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know much but what about theft, breaking and entering, etc? Are those valid issues or am I just stupid?
Well you don’t really need sunroofs for theft! Recently saw a YouTube video in which passenger side window was broken and the thieves took away Fortuner! Imagine a Fortuner being stolen like that, I am sure it would have had all the security enabled but nothing alarmed the owners.

Thieves now a days are getting tech savvy as well, so having a connected car sometimes feels is more vulnerable to these attacks where thieves can simply hack and run away with your car.
firstdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 07:31   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

This car, top end, only in black, is a sight to see at night or evenings.. looks like a luxurious behemoth and has way more street presence than a Tucson or Kodiaq (which were tailing it).

In all other colors it feels a bit flat and narrow, the rear looks quite terrible across the color/variant options though, specially when lit up.

Overall I think it's more value than any car in the segment but the silhouette and styling looks boxy and boring, though a bit less than the first gen.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 23:19   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
This car, top end, only in black, is a sight to see at night or evenings.. looks like a luxurious behemoth and has way more street presence than a Tucson or Kodiaq (which were tailing it).
Saw a base model in black with black tinted glass on all sides and 18" fat profile tyres jutting out of the fenders and I agree with your assessment. When I went to test drive the new Rapid they had a customer's black Karoq parked outside. I never gave it a second look.

But this black base Creta stood out. It's weird how the car looks smaller in White, Red and Silver yet butch in black, blue and orange.
Nithesh_M is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 05:35   #884
Senior - BHPian

The more I look at the Creta, the more bewitching it appears. The moment you see a dark( Grey or Black or Forest Green) coloured Creta in profile or three quarters, it looks futuristic ( straight out of Batmans workshop) and “substantial” compared to other cars, including the Seltos, even though the Seltos may be conventionally well designed.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 10:12   #885
BHPian

Curious about after-market 360 degree camera solutions for the new Creta. Have come across Youtube videos showing such fitments with camera installation on the OVRMs and front bumper. Wondering whether it'll be possible to integrate the camera feeds into Creta's digital MID, a la Kia Seltos, with blindspot monitoring linked to turn indicators. Any thoughts?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks