Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2020, 17:58   #91

Re: Is this the Tata Nexon DCT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
But welcome the inclusion of rear wash/wipe in the mid variant of Nexon.
Hate the Hyundai led trend of giving rear wash/wipe only on the topmost variant. Guess, other than Harrier no other Tata car has rear wash/wipe in the mid variants. Could be wrong.
Indeed. Maybe slightly but been looking for a while now and there seems to be no car in the mid variant that has basic safety kits such as the fog lamps, adjustable rear seat headrests and rear wipe/wash. But I can find 10" touch screens, sunroofs, automatic AC and whatnot. The mantra seems to be better to die in comfort than live uncomfortably ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fravia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 17:59   #92
BHPian

I think it was confirmed sometime ago by Prathap Bose that the current platform of Nexon cannot accommodate AWD. Hence I don’t see AWD coming to Nexon.
DCT is a good addition, but just my feeling they are not ready yet with DCT.

I think it’s a marketing work to just to keep netizens engaged as Kia is surely taking the limelight.
Old 1st September 2020, 18:31   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
DCT okay.

But the AWD speculation was like, how did anyone get into that conclusion?
Lesson learnt. Always keep your expectations to the minimum, if its TaMo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

EDIT: It seems Tata has taken down this tweet about XM-S now. This is just so
Ha ha. Just now noticed it. So, they will reveal their #NexLevel only tomorrow. We should be prepared to get surprised once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
I think it was confirmed sometime ago by Prathap Bose that the current platform of Nexon cannot accommodate AWD. Hence I don’t see AWD coming to Nexon.
DCT is a good addition, but just my feeling they are not ready yet with DCT.
Yes. I think that Altroz will be the first car from Tata to use their new DCT. Not sure though. May be ram87pune can throw some light on this.

Last edited by Sudarshan_N : 1st September 2020 at 18:56. Reason: back to back posts
Old 1st September 2020, 18:55   #94
Senior - BHPian

Somewhere in the original review of the Nexon it was mentioned that the particular platform could not be adapted for AWD.

Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 19:50   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post

IMO, XM(S) could be
XM +
1. Sunroof
2. Alloys
3. Rear wiper and defogger
4. Auto AC

Touchscreen etc can be added letter, thanks to China.
I don't think ACC and touchscreen would be separate. All Tata cars with climate control do not have a dedicated display screen and the AC functions are displayed in the touch screen. I am not sure TML would give a new AC setup only for this. Keeping manual AC and a sunroof should be horrible though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fravia View Post
Indeed. Maybe slightly but been looking for a while now and there seems to be no car in the mid variant that has basic safety kits such as the fog lamps, adjustable rear seat headrests and rear wipe/wash. But I can find 10" touch screens, sunroofs, automatic AC and whatnot. The mantra seems to be better to die in comfort than live uncomfortably ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ecosport Titanium is the perfect fit here. Comes with everything you mentioned.
Old 1st September 2020, 20:23   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Somewhere in the original review of the Nexon it was mentioned that the particular platform could not be adapted for AWD.

Sutripta
Yes, you are right. The Nexon is the last of the models to be underpinned by the old Tata X-1 platform (that is the Vista's platform). The rear floor does not have space to accomodate a rear differential.
The centre tunnel of the X-1 is essentially for exhaust routing.

The good news is that, as by now everyone knows, the VISTA, was designed, keeping in mind, European exports and sales, hence it was built to meet Euro crash homologation norms from day one.
The side members, the underfloor load-paths, the outriggers all had been designed & optimised from concept stage to meet Euro NCAP crash standards.
Hence tweaking the Nexon to achieve 5 stars was not that difficult, because the base was already strong.
Pity, TML never used to highlight these areas of engineering excellence.

This new variant of Nexon, will definitely be equipped with a sunroof hence the XM(S) branding. Maybe at 25,000 rupees extra to the customer.
Actually its a shrewd move: move "sunroof factor" to the mid variants, with definite increase in sales as in incremental numbers.
At the same time production costs come down a bit as more roof blanks with sunroof aperture punched in is consumed at production level, driving down costs due to economies of scale.

Last edited by arjab : 1st September 2020 at 20:29.
arjab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 20:40   #97
BHPian

Tata X1 platform does not support any kind of AWD arrangement. That's for sure.

From what I know, DCT is still some time away from launch and Nexon may not be the launch vehicle. Here I may be wrong, though.
Old 1st September 2020, 20:45   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan_N View Post
So, here we present the XM(S) variant.

This should put an end to the speculations about DCT and AWD .

Here's the intended post that should have come out in the first place.

When will Tata's marketing team wake up

They could have atleast maintained the hype for one more day .
Attached Thumbnails
Is this the Tata Nexon DCT?-fb_img_1598971911616.jpg  

Last edited by Sudarshan_N : 1st September 2020 at 21:07. Reason: Added quoted text
Sudarshan_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 09:26   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
I don't think ACC and touchscreen would be separate. All Tata cars with climate control do not have a dedicated display screen and the AC functions are displayed in the touch screen. I am not sure TML would give a new AC setup only for this. Keeping manual AC and a sunroof should be horrible though.
The pre-facelift model came with ACC in XT variant which had normal non-touch screen music system.
So this is not something new for TML, if they want to do it.

But as per latest update XM(S) will have

XM +
Sunroof
Auto headlamp
Rain sensing Wiper
Steering mounted controls

and could retail around 9.4 lakhs ex-showroom for Petrol.

Only few hours before we get official confirmation though.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 09:52   #100
BANNED

Nexon's official website already features the XM (S) in their list of variants and the price is revealed as well. It is priced at 52,000/- over XM. At such a price difference, I do not think a motorized sunroof will be on offer. Like someone pointed out earlier, this is like Tata pressing the panic button in anticipation of losing market share to Sonet.

PS: The variant compare option did feature XM (S) in the dropdown but it was grayed out. So we can continue to guess for some more time
Attached Thumbnails
Is this the Tata Nexon DCT?-nexon.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2020, 10:02   #101
BHPian

Finally, launched at 8.36 lakhs ex-showroom.
Features rain sensing wiper, auto headlamps, sun roof and steering mounted controls.
Comes in AMT variant too.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...018534639.html
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:06   #102
BHPian

Definitely looks like TATA blinked on seeing the Sonet.

If they didn't have the DCT ready yet then it would have been more productive to reduce the ridiculous premium on the diesel engine.
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:15   #103
BHPian

Quote:
But as per latest update XM(S) will have

XM +
Sunroof
Auto headlamp
Rain sensing Wiper
Steering mounted controls

and could retail around 9.4 lakhs ex-showroom for Petrol.

Only few hours before we get official confirmation though.
Just checked Nexon website -
Petrol XM(S) is 8.36 lakhs
Diesel XM(S) is 9.70 lakhs (Ex-showroom Delhi)

XM(S) variant gets - Auto headlamps, Electric sunroof with tilt function, rain sensing wipers.

But does not even get - Drive height adjustment, Adjustable rear head rests, Day/Night IRVM, Front fog lamps, Rear defogger, No driver seat belt reminder etc.
Weird distribution of features in the variants! It is clear that Tata thinks masses prefer bling features over basic safety and convenience features!
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:40   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Comes in AMT variant too.
Like a friend fellow Nexon owner said to me yesterday, we'll see if this AMT brings Christmas. "XMA-S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
If they didn't have the DCT ready yet then it would have been more productive to reduce the ridiculous premium on the diesel engine.
Why is the diesel premium ridiculous? It appears further stretched due to the petrol actually being rather cost effective IMO(thanks to 3 cylinders and what not).
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Petrol XM(S) is 8.36 lakhs
Diesel XM(S) is 9.70 lakhs (Ex-showroom Delhi)
XM(S) variant gets - Auto headlamps, Electric sunroof with tilt function, rain sensing wipers.
For the price - especially diesel below 10L (and TCS threshold) - the car will give the much sought after sun-roof & rather premium features like auto headlamps and wipers. That's quite a good bargain. Add a 15-20k worth Android head unit with canbus integration & the car will pretty much trump the XZ+ on all counts and will be far cheaper. I see the XZ+ not selling anymore.
Quote:
No driver seat belt reminder etc.
Weird distribution of features in the variants! It is clear that Tata thinks masses prefer bling features over basic safety and convenience features!
No driver seat belt reminder seems untrue. Its mandated in all cars by the ministry now AFAIK. The car will have it. As for "Tata thinks" - don't we see on the streets that our market certainly prefers bling features over safety? And I believe the car has all the safety features & there are no compromises. It even has hill-hold, ESC, TC as standard from base trim. I believe its pretty loaded. Only miss is the height adjustable seat.

Last edited by Reinhard : 2nd September 2020 at 10:55.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:46   #105
BHPian

Quote:

These are some features that I wouldn't mind compromising on if I were saving 50k! But i am sure certain demographics would like these, esp. the sunroof.

Quote:
But does not even get - Drive height adjustment, Adjustable rear head rests, Day/Night IRVM, Front fog lamps, Rear defogger, No driver seat belt reminder etc.
This definitely would have been a better list of additions for 50k. I would add auto folding orvms to the list.

Quote:
It is clear that Tata thinks masses prefer bling features over basic safety and convenience features!
i am not sure if that is entirely true, esp. the safety part -Nexon is the only car in the segment to get BA, ESP, Hill hold, TC as standard across all variants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks