Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy one today?
Yes 540 75.95%
No 171 24.05%
Voters: 711. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2023, 19:51   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
Congratulations! Looks like a very well maintained car with preventive maintenance being done by the previous owner too. I have been searching for a Jetta but prices seem to be going up everyday and good cars are very hard to find! Would be useful if you could share the price.
DM me, and I will put you onto some folks in the owners group who might be interested in selling their car to a direct buyer.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 20:33   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Congratulations. But the critical piece of info missing on this post is how much did the car cost you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
Would be useful if you could share the price.
Thank you!

It costed me about 7.9 total. I may have overpaid, but in my 1 year search of Jetta, this was the best example I've came across.
Also prices in Hyderabad is ridiculous for used cars. Similar Jettas (mostly second owner and higher milage) are listed about 8-10 lakh anyway.

Single owner, Complete showroom track with preventive maintenance already done (read timing kit and DSG oil change etc) + new battery and 70% tyre life worked in the favour of taking this decision.

As you mentioned, finding a well maintained car is most difficult even if you are flexible with the asking price. I have seem many ads in olx by agents with very nice looking photos, but the actual car is far from good condition. I will never go with used car dealers (from my experience)

Last edited by Asish_VK : 11th November 2023 at 20:37.
Asish_VK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 20:37   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Thank you!

It costed me about 7.9 total. I may have overpaid, but in my 1 year search of Jetta, this was the best example I've came across.
Also prices in Hyderabad is ridiculous for used cars. Similar Jettas (mostly second owner and higher milage) are listed about 8-10 lakh anyway.

Single owner, Complete showroom track with preventive maintenance already done (read timing kit and DSG oil change etc) + new battery and 70% tyre life worked in the favour of taking this decision.
You have not overpaid. You have simply paid the right money to deal with an honest seller, a car aficionado like yourself who loved his car, and finally peace of mind for yourself. The last bit is priceless.

Enjoy your new steed! She is a rocket!
Red Liner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 20:55   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You have not overpaid. You have simply paid the right money to deal with an honest seller, a car aficionado like yourself who loved his car, and finally peace of mind for yourself. The last bit is priceless.

Enjoy your new steed! She is a rocket!
Thanks, glad to know that I didn't overpay. Even if it's bit more, I didn't had any remorse

Even before test drive, somehow I felt this is the car I was searching. The owner also didn't over quote hence not much of a bargaining/haggling too . The deal was done quick and smooth.

Last edited by Asish_VK : 11th November 2023 at 20:58.
Asish_VK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:33   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
[*] Head unit with Android auto/Car play. Will decide after assessing the budget.
Skip this, if you don't really need it. Replacing the central OEM Unit with a touch screen will mean you will loose all of your physical controls. Trust me when I say this, those are absolutely wonderful things to have when compared to touch screen controls.

This is coming from a Skoda Laura owner with same engine (320Nm/140bhp) and build. You have all creature comforts that are necessary. My car doesn't have a few that are good to have in today's world but I still prefer to keep my car stock. Other mods that you have mentioned sound to be nice to have.
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:51   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Skip this, if you don't really need it. Replacing the central OEM Unit with a touch screen will mean you will loose all of your physical controls. Trust me when I say this, those are absolutely wonderful things to have when compared to touch screen controls.

This is coming from a Skoda Laura owner with same engine (320Nm/140bhp) and build. You have all creature comforts that are necessary. My car doesn't have a few that are good to have in today's world but I still prefer to keep my car stock. Other mods that you have mentioned sound to be nice to have.
Thanks for the suggestions. Completely agree with you. I have dropped the idea of touchscreen. Instead I'll make use of mobile with a good holder and connect it via bluetooth to the car for music.

I too like the physical controls and the feel of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks