Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2021, 12:23   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed

Toyota Hilux vs Isuzu D-Max V-Cross: specifications comparison.

Quote:
The Toyota Hilux is based on similar underpinnings as the Fortuner and Innova, and will share a lot of parts with them.
Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-smartselect_20211230122216_chrome.jpg

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-smartselect_20211230122230_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Although Toyota hasn’t confirmed what engines the Hilux will be offered with here, we expect it to be powered by the Fortuner’s 2.8-litre diesel engine. This engine produces 204hp and 420Nm of peak torque (500Nm with the automatic gearbox), although exact gearbox details are yet to be confirmed.
Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-smartselect_20211230122239_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Toyota could price it aggressively, given that there will be a lot of parts shared with the Innova Crysta and Fortuner.
Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-smartselect_20211230122247_chrome.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th December 2021 at 12:26.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 07:54   #167
BHPian

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-hilux.png

I was checking Hilux across Toyota Thailand and it does seems that both 2.4L and 2.8 Engines are sold. I'll see if I can gather some more information by visiting a Toyota Dealership today. I have already booked Thar and always had my eyes on Dmax (The newer one and not the one sold in India) or the Hliux. If it is priced somewhere close to 25L, it would be a good buy.
swunkjyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 11:03   #168
BHPian

No bookings being taken in Pune dealerships as of now.
They haven’t received any communications from Toyota on the launch either.
Fingers crossed they don’t try to squeeze their customers too hard.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 13:28   #169
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Hilux spotted yet again in Nagaland.

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-smartselect_20211231132513_instagram.jpg

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-smartselect_20211231132525_instagram.jpg

Source : MotorBeam

Last edited by Venkatesh : 31st December 2021 at 13:30.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 13:45   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Toyota Hilux spotted yet again in Nagaland.
Source : MotorBeam
Looks like a import/CBU from Thailand. Most likely heading to Bhutan/Nepal? Alloys are different than the model spotted during Ad shoot.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 18:16   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Looks like a import/CBU from Thailand. Most likely heading to Bhutan/Nepal? Alloys are different than the model spotted during Ad shoot.
You’re correct this Hilux is from Thailand, the badge below the Toyota badge on the boot lid, says Toyota Nakornping, which a quick google search reveals is a dealership from Thailand. Even the Revo badge is a dead giveaway that this is not for India.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 18:34   #172
BHPian

I have been told that Toyota has planned an event in Gurgaon for Hilux towards the end of January 2022.
Location is Yansh motorsport park on Guragon-Faridabad road.

Audi had an event there recently to showcase their SUVs. It is a property for off road driving with ATVs. Newly aquired and has a big field where manufacturers can build tracks for their convenience and use case.

This is the same location that previously was run by Off Road Adventure Zone Gurgaon.

Last edited by 88_TANK_88 : 31st December 2021 at 18:36.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 19:11   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunkjyn View Post
Dmax (The newer one and not the one sold in India)
If ISUZU can offer the new D-Max at current prices then it would be a certified Hilux killer, another BHPian chetan.ram had contacted Nandi Toyota and according to that dealer the ex-showroom price of the Hilux is around 33-35 Lakh ex-showroom . That puts the Hilux over 40 Lakh OTR depending on the state. The new D-Max V-Cross comes with a 3.0L Ddi Blue Power engine that makes 190hp and around 450nm of torque.

Let's hope and pray that ISUZU gives us the new D-Max in 2022.
Attached Images

GreasyCarb55 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 21:57   #174
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
You’re correct this Hilux is from Thailand, the badge below the Toyota badge on the boot lid, says Toyota Nakornping, which a quick google search reveals is a dealership from Thailand. Even the Revo badge is a dead giveaway that this is not for India.
Nice catch !

There are a couple of Hilux and Rangers in Nagaland and Manipur. Private imports from Thailand and this definitely is one of them.

There was another last gen Hilux from Imphal which was sold to a gentleman in Delhi couple of years back.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 01:47   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
If ISUZU can offer the new D-Max at current prices then it would be a certified Hilux killer, another BHPian chetan.ram had contacted Nandi Toyota and according to that dealer the ex-showroom price of the Hilux is around 33-35 Lakh ex-showroom . That puts the Hilux over 40 Lakh OTR depending on the state.
I think this will move some units over a year but nowhere near what Toyota might be expecting. At 40+ lacs OTR even the lifestyle-YOLO-hippies will not bother with this. I don't see a single reason for picking this over the D-Max if it was priced 40-45+.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 09:50   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I think this will move some units over a year but nowhere near what Toyota might be expecting. At 40+ lacs OTR even the lifestyle-YOLO-hippies will not bother with this. I don't see a single reason for picking this over the D-Max if it was priced 40-45+.
Yeah, I mean an Ex-showroom price of 35 lakh puts the Hilux over the 44 lakh OTR mark in Bangalore.

For that much cash I could buy a D-Max V-Cross 4X4 for 27.5L OTR (and that's assuming zero discounts from Isuzu) and have enough money left to make the most bonkers D-Max on karnataka roads or buy a top of the line Ertiga ZXI Plus.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 14:50   #177
Team-BHP Support

To keep the pricing in check, I won’t be surprised if only 2,4 ltr is launched. Remember, this will be a very niche segment with limited numbers, so offering 2 engine variants that too only in Diesel is not something Toyota or any other manufacturer can afford.

Privately, I understand, Toyota may make some announcement relating to Hybrids in other models or even complete switchover to Petrol + Hybrid. Not just Hilux but Innova and Fortuner will be shifted to Petrol + Hybrid in 2022. With new Diesel emission norms coming in, don’t be surprised if they complete ditch the Diesels. I don’t have a breakup but as per Dealers, currently, Innova’s biggest market is Individuals/ Corporates and no longer the Taxi segment.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 15:13   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Privately, I understand, Toyota may make some announcement relating to Hybrids in other models or even complete switchover to Petrol + Hybrid. Not just Hilux but Innova and Fortuner will be shifted to Petrol + Hybrid in 2022.
How reliable is this 2022 timeline? And any news if this will also bring in some new models (beyond Fortuner / Innova)?

I’ve been hoping for some announcement on these lines and would happily defer any next purchase if this is imminent in the near future. If I could get an SUV / Crossover in a nice petrol hybrid guise that would be an ideal outcome. I’m hoping Tucson might launch its petrol hybrid or alternately the RAV 4 / Corolla Cross comes as a decently kitted petrol hybrid. But knowing Toyota, difficult to hold one’s breath for such updates.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th January 2022 at 10:35. Reason: As requested
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 16:15   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
To keep the pricing in check, I won’t be surprised if only 2,4 ltr is launched. Remember, this will be a very niche segment with limited numbers, so offering 2 engine variants that too only in Diesel is not something Toyota or any other manufacturer can afford.

Privately, I understand, Toyota may make some announcement relating to Hybrids in other models or even complete switchover to Petrol + Hybrid. Not just Hilux but Innova and Fortuner will be shifted to Petrol + Hybrid in 2022. With new Diesel emission norms coming in, don’t be surprised if they complete ditch the Diesels. I don’t have a breakup but as per Dealers, currently, Innova’s biggest market is Individuals/ Corporates and no longer the Taxi segment.
If that's the case, it would be better they introduce the Rav4 & Highlander that are locally made instead if CBU/ CKD versions.
Old 2nd January 2022, 18:11   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
How reliable is this 2022 timeline? And any news if this will also bring in some new models (beyond Fortuner / Innova)?
Not concrete but the Indonesian market is supposedly getting a Kijang (Innova) Hybrid this year. No details on the powertrain because it was rumoured they were working on a diesel hybrid as well.

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-22249be4a1e7403e94e1ce5ca0d7375e.jpeg

https://www.wapcar.my/news/38492/amp

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 2nd January 2022 at 18:12.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks