Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2022, 13:11   #406
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
A pretty good account of how Isuzu V Cross and Hilux stack up against each other.

https://www.topspeed.in/stories/cars...59378.amp.html

Attachment 2266235

Attachment 2266236
My friend, could you please post the number of D-Max sold in India till date?

It will at least help us understand where Hilux stands to fight it out with D-Max, which already has a first mover advantage.

Also, please throw in sales of Scorpio and Bolero Pickups (both private & commercial sales).

Let us have some figures in hand to discuss further on the future of Hilux!
Old 30th January 2022, 07:57   #407
BHPian

Took the plunge last night.

Booked the High AT Grey Metallic (Wanted Red but a bi$h to maintain that color). Here's to hoping the pricing remains more practical for it to compete with the current gen V-Cross. If the 2022 D-Max sold elsewhere is brought here, then the Hilux will have a very little chance to compete, if at all.

The V-Cross is missing the Diff Locker.
Up to date infotainment system

The new one solves all that, and improves on the build quality. Ideally I was looking to get the V-Cross 4x4 AT but cant justify that price for the current gen vs whats being available for over 2 years now, and knowing that in a year or so the Next gen will be brought here.

So here is to hoping Toyota does it right...
dhruvmalik is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 16:55   #408
BHPian

One of the best advertisements I have come across recently- Toyota Hilux
AMG1 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 09:54   #409
BHPian

Hello guys,

I have been closely following the updates on the Hilux and couldn’t resist it. Booked the High AT Grey Metallic online by paying an amount of Rs. 50k with Wasan Toyota Navi Mumbai.

I really wish that the Hilux is priced atleast as expected around 35 lakhs OTR for the top model (considering the TOYOTA premium).

Looking forward to reasonable pricing
kdp95 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 11:12   #410
BHPian

Booked the Hilux Low Manual, colour options were 2 in white and one Grey, went ahead with the grey. Delivery promised by feb end or early march, sales rep has been outstanding in his followups and promptness, so far only 7 bookings at their showroom which covers noida and greater noida.

Cheers
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:25   #411
Senior - BHPian

Bookings closed for Toyota Hilux.

Due to overwhelming demand Toyota had to temporarily halt bookings for Hilux.

Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-20220203_112423.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd February 2022 at 11:30.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:35   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Bookings closed for Toyota Hilux.

Due to overwhelming demand Toyota had to temporarily halt bookings for Hilux.

Attachment 2268139
Now, I am pretty sure Toyota is going to overprice it, will not be surprised with a price tag similar to the Fortuner instead of in-between the Innova Crysta and Fortuner!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:18   #413
Senior - BHPian

So first lot is sold out and now fingers crossed on the price. Even with meeting their initial target, it remains to be seen whether it has any bearing on the pricing. It may well be on the higher side despite the number of bookings.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Hilux pickup | EDIT: Bookings now closed-img20220203wa0034.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 3rd February 2022 at 12:20.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:34   #414
BHPian

Seeing this pattern consistently with launches who have LOA (Lack of alternatives). Probably Toyota is the only company that can sell a 2 ton vehicle with drum breaks at 30L and above and be sold out, like a e-commerce flash sale.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:45   #415
BHPian

I think probably TKMIL wanted to price it at a premium and with the limited interest received they might have wanted to take a look at their strategy of overpricing. Ideally they need to price it just above the Innova to make it work. They already have a assembly line and the hilux is a amalgamation of Innova and Fortuner components so they can easily shift to better assembly integration .
abhijit 2284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 13:43   #416
Senior - BHPian

I am of the opinion that the government should step in an abolish pre bookings. Manufacturers can now look at the bookings and decide the markup at which they want to price their product.

The government should allow bookings to be accepted only after the prices have been announced.

Toyota honchos will be now going...
30% markup for initial planned price = 1% pre bookings cancelled.
50% markup = 5% cancellations

and so on.

Even a dinky Celerio has pre booking. Ridiculous. What a state our automobile industry has devolved to.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 13:43   #417
BHPian

Re: Toyota India temporarily stops Hilux bookings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Is this a joke by Toyota? The local sales guys in Noida say hardly any customer interest and as a result, bookings for Hilux.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 14:14   #418
BHPian

I just had a word with the Toyota Dealership in my Area. The dealership is saying that bookings have been stopped but they can arrange the Hilux for me if I want. On prodding a little more, he assured me that I would be amongst the first to get the Hilux.

So it is nothing but a marketing gimmick. I remember this trend was initially started by MG Hector. XUV 700 did the same as well !! But they had actual customer orders.

Toyota is trying to set sail looking at someone else's star ! Sorry but it looks more like an act of desperation. An internationally successful product, if is going to fall flat in India, would not augur well for Toyota India.

The only reason Hilux is launched in India is that it has part commonalities with the already running Fortuner platform. Somehow it feels that the Hilux is a misfit in our industry and Toyota India is not listening to customer's voice. It is instead trying to shovel products down our throat which are suitable to them and not to the customers.
Accelerati is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 14:23   #419
Senior - BHPian

Even if Toyota were to give a 10L discount on the Hilux, I wouldn't buy one, it's around 5.3 metres long and around 1.9 metres wide and cabin comfort and bouncy ride given the leaf springs in the rear to aid weight carrying flat bed would make it only a 'niche' vehicle used by affluent owners over weekends. How many pickups are selling in India each month: hardly any. This is Toyota's misjudgment and launch of a product the market doesn't desire.

Last edited by GTO : 4th February 2022 at 19:01. Reason: Let's not name-call owners of any car, thanks
Durango Dude is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 14:37   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerati View Post
Toyota is trying to set sail looking at someone else's star ! Sorry but it looks more like an act of desperation. An internationally successful product, if is going to fall flat in India, would not augur well for Toyota India.

The only reason Hilux is launched in India is that it has part commonalities with the already running Fortuner platform. Somehow it feels that the Hilux is a misfit in our industry and Toyota India is not listening to customer's voice. It is instead trying to shovel products down our throat which are suitable to them and not to the customers.
That is an interesting theory, and going by that, i would not be surprised if they do not launch it at all, or have very limited units available (like Kodiaq) to create artificial demand.

The only true Toyota products the Indian market have accepted are the Innova and Fortuner. Everything else has flopped- Etios twins, Yaris, Corolla, Camry etc. Not sure how long Fortuner will remain desirable with the new pricing, and soon Innova will also be selling at 30+ lakhs so it also may get out of reach from its target segments. Toyota seems to be happy selling rebadged Maruti products rather than launching products that appeal to the masses in the space vacated by Innova and Fortuner (15-30 lakh range), such as the Avanza and Rav4. The Hilux is not a mass market product anyway
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks