Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2020, 21:51   #286
NPX
BHPian

Re: Brake failure issues in the Kia Seltos

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
can I also suggest a look at the the S-Cross ?
S-cross is good product but dated.
Also, Maruti is a strict No-No in my friend Circle.

I want a diesel car, so Maruti is anyways out of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
If you do take a TD/have already driven it, would love to know your experience compared to the XUV300 Petrol.
I drove the diesel XUV300 and was very impressed with it. But the feature distribution among varients is senseless and the boot size is deal breaker.

The chances of me going to Maruti showroom for my own car are zero.
NPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 22:47   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
S-cross is good product but dated.
Also, Maruti is a strict No-No in my friend Circle.

I want a diesel car, so Maruti is anyways out of discussion.

I drove the diesel XUV300 and was very impressed with it. But the feature distribution among varients is senseless and the boot size is deal breaker.

The chances of me going to Maruti showroom for my own car are zero.
Ditto for the dated looks and completely understand your staying away from Maruti

Completely agree with the XUV300's models. All are separated by more than a lakh!
The friend who got the W8, wanted the 7 airbags and diamond cut alloys but didn't want the sunroof. So he settled for W8 since W8(O) was more than a lakh away.
Mahindra should at least offer a safety pack which can put those 7 airbags on any model. It won't dilute the "status" of their top models if that's what they are worried about.
The Mahindra dealer was saying that their most sold model is the W6. I am guessing people just get the critical stuff and then spend a 50-100k on mods outside. Barring the airbags and sunroof, the results might be better than W8(O)

Not sure how the economics of this model line-up works but to me it seems like Mahindra is losing money.
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 08:03   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
I've put in a booking for a Manual Petrol Kia Sonet and this is making me deeply rethink if I should just go for something else, the 25,000 be damned if they refuse to return it.
I cannot advise on what you should do with your booking, but if you do decide to cancel it, there is no reason to lose the entire booking amount.

Check the booking confirmation email. When I booked it online in July last year it mentioned a cancellation fee of 250 rs. Even that was not deducted when I finally cancelled my booking.
AK79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 09:55   #289
Senior - BHPian

Brakes are vital. So my brother has canceled his booking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
For every car with an issue, you will find 100/1000 without one
Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 11:50   #290
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
......Manual Petrol Kia Sonet and this is making me deeply rethink if I should just go for something else, the 25,000 be damned if they refuse to return it.
Since it is a critical part and no substitution is possible, do take an extended TD of the car in all sorts of traffic and road conditions that you generally encounter. Even after the TD, you don't get that confidence, cancel the booking and get something that helps you mentally.

Booking amount should be refunded without any issue. Check what is mentioned in the booking slip what is written regarding cancellations.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 14:19   #291
Senior - BHPian

My view is that any test drive is not likely to bring out an adverse observation regarding the braking. First of all, the original issue is reported by some owners in some variants of the Seltos, not the Sonet- so logically this may never happen.

Secondly, if you always have the fear in the back of the mind, you will never feel confident.
If I am in the market to buy a Baleno, I dont think I would worry about the build quality of the Swift. These are two different cars. So I will evaluate the Baleno for what it's worth.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 10th December 2020 at 14:21.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 15:28   #292
Senior - BHPian

Discussions veered away from Seltos and thread has gone cold..... any updates, anyone?

Last edited by vrprabhu : 18th December 2020 at 15:29. Reason: Spelling mistake!
vrprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 22:49   #293

Has the Seltos ever had an ABS malfunction issue? Asking because I was driving a friend's 3 week old Seltos Diesel MT few hours back, when I had to do an emergency braking , the abs didn't kick in and I could feel the rear end going sideways. The car did it shed it's speed and hazard light did come on for a few seconds. It was scary when the started skidding. Has anyone had a similar incident or is it how the car actually behaves on hard braking? Also didn't hear the abs working or feel any difference on the pedal.Car in question is 3 weeks old and driven just under 3000 kms.
donjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 10:38   #294
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Valsan Sam for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
On 23rd December, in the midst of a hectic traffic jam, I faced a very serious situation. The brakes didn't respond at all and before I could stop the car by applying hand brake, it had already hit a scooter that happened to be in front of my Kia Seltos HTK 1.5 Petrol. Luckily, it wasn't a major accident even though the scooter had overturned.

I panicked due to this behaviour and took the Seltos to the authorised service centre in Ernakulam and according to them, they checked it 'in and out', but couldn't find any issues. But indirectly, I learnt that this is a common problem with Kia Seltos 1.5 Petrol MT. Obviously, the manufacturers and dealers have been keeping this secret to themselves, which is a very serious issue, a matter of concern, and a serious offence.

To overcome the situation, the remedy advised is to downshift and increase the RPM or to engage the handbrake. Doesn't that sound funny, ridiculous or foolish? How do you expect one to do that when he is in bumper-to-bumper traffic?

With such a serious problem with its brakes, how dare a company of international repute has introduced such a car in the market and even after the detection of this major drawback, is still staying silent? This is apparently a serious mistake from the manufacturer's side, and it's a breach of trust. I am not willing to sacrifice my life or my family members' lives in this defective car.

I, therefore, want to mark and place on record that I hold the company responsible for any accident that might occur hereafter and any claim whatsoever that might follow in connection with the accidents of my car as a result of brake failure. I now demand immediate recalling of my car and to exchange it with a higher model of the Seltos which is free of such problems at the earliest. In the absence of any favourable response from your side, I will be forced to approach the Consumer Court for justice.
Aditya is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:12   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to Valsan Sam for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
I had a similar issue in my Ritz Zxi as well. Even the Swift had it I guess. Keeping the car is very low revvs especially if you are clutch riding in traffic there isn’t enough vacuum built for the brakes to work. If you revv the engine it will be fine. Maruti then sent someone from Gurgaon and did a software update and it was fine after that. Please push for the same.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks