Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is it your cup of tea?
Yes 281 58.18%
No 202 41.82%
Voters: 483. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2020, 07:46   #91
BHPian

Re: Would you daily-drive an unconventional car like the Thar / V-Cross / Gurkha?

Voted a resounding YES!

Fortunately a daily commute does not involve speed (definitely not in a city like Pune) so don't care much about that. Having driven a Tata Sierra for some time, I am aware of the advantage of sheer street presence, where even rickshawallas, the scourge of Pune traffic, respectfully give way.

Having said that, sadly I would have to vote no for V-Cross, only because of it's massive length. The Thar and Gurkha can be nimble, but the V-Cross will be a headache, especially when it comes to parking.
Old 12th November 2020, 14:49   #92
BHPian

Re: Would you daily-drive an unconventional car like the Thar / V-Cross / Gurkha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I would be delighted to drive an unconventional car.

1. Bentley Continental GT

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...ar-planet.html (Bentley Continental GT - The best IC engine car on the planet?)

2. Porsche 911

3. Tesla Cybertruck

I would prefer to have at least one another family car along with my cool daily-drive.
But the thread is about an unconventional car like the Thar or Gurkha - uncomfortable 4x4s, with below average handling, poor acceleration & speed, bumpy ride etc. Something like a Bentley (which is literally a Grand Tourer) would definitely be extremely comfortable (more than any car I've ever daily-driven, lol).
N.A.GTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 16:46   #93
BHPian

[quote=Achu;4925228]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max63 View Post

Hi, OT, but could you let me know where you got the roof bars and carrier and how much it cost you?

I was looking for something that fits entirely on the rails.
[quote=Achu;4925681]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achu View Post

Hi Max63, this was for you. Somehow did not get the quote thing right.
Hi Achu,

Roof rails were stock, Bon Auto Tech put the bars to fix the carrier which was from my earlier car i.e. Ecosport which I removed and put in the truck. The carrier costed me around 11K from Ford showrrom purchased way abck in 2014. You can get the bar tailor made from any Fabricator.

Thanks,
Max63 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks