Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 16:04   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

A closer look at the Kiger's interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-r1.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-r2.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-r3.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-r4.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:13   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

The Kiger looks decidedly more premium than the Magnite. The interiors are certainly a step above its Nissan cousin. However, the only thing that might work against the Kiger in the styling department is its resemblance to the Kwid. The front looks too close to the Kwid, and potential buyers might not like that much.

I also wish the engine vibes are eliminated by using hydraulic mounts, which would make it a superior package to the Magnite, and can help justify the (likely) premium pricing too.
I also hope the Kiger rides like a mini-Duster would - that would seal the deal for many buyers!
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:16   #78
BHPian

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-screenshot-20210128-4.15.29-pm.png

https://twitter.com/hormazdsorabjee/...36476316028931
ASP007 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:23   #79
BHPian

Looks better than Magnite, only the rear lamps seem out of place.

Whats stopping them doing the same with Duster. These interiors with AWD would have done wonders.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:24   #80
BHPian

I'm little disappointed by the way Kiger looks, its way too similar to Kwid especially from the front. No denying Kwid looks pretty cool but Kiger feels like a blown up Kwid.

Other than that it should be VFM proposition especially in the mid variants along with Magnite. Might eat up into Nexon's sales considering Nexon is the closest sub 4M SUV in terms of pricing.
delusional_fool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:31   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
A closer look at the Kiger's interiors.
Rear AC vent, front leg room are looking good. Look forward to test drive. Is the bookings started/
Old 28th January 2021, 16:50   #82
BHPian

Just like the Magnite, the Kiger seems to have got most things right. But my only concern is that in India, and especially in this segment, IMAGE matters a lot, and the fact that this car bears more than just a little resemblance to the Kwid might go against it. Nobody wants to buy an 'SUV' only to have other people mistaking it for a budget hatchback.
In fact, I showed it to my driver and he initially thought that I am showing him a face lifted Renault Kwid!
I hope that the similarities are only due to the fact that we are seeing pictures and the real life road presence actually manages to lend this car a distinctive identity.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210128_164605.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210128_164542.jpg

Last edited by Sanidhya mukund : 28th January 2021 at 16:53.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:13   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
Just like the Magnite, the Kiger seems to have got most things right. But my only concern is that in India, and especially in this segment, IMAGE matters a lot, and the fact that this car bears more than just a little resemblance to the Kwid might go against it. Nobody wants to buy an 'SUV' only to have other people mistaking it for a budget hatchback.
I second that opinion, the fact that the Captur's rear also resembled the Kwid, the same design & similar tail lamps.
At first glance the connection with Kwid is very very high, & as rightly pointed out, would want to abstain from clarifying that this isn't the new K(w)ID

I seriously doubt that the prices will undercut Magnite - since Magnite defines Nissan's fate in India
Expect launch with a 6 months gap from Magnite, unless I missed reading the launch timeline someplace
Old 28th January 2021, 17:19   #84
BHPian

To start with, the Kwid looked like a compressed SUV. So when you expand a compressed SUV, the compression and expansion cancels out and you are left with a complete SUV

Jokes apart, I feel the Kiger looks more mature and "feels" better quality than Nissan, coupled with Renault's better sales and services coverage - this car should have great potential! Especially when purchased in lighter colors such as White which enhance the apparent size.

Last edited by Arjun Bharadwaj : 28th January 2021 at 17:22.
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:20   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional_fool View Post
Other than that it should be VFM proposition especially in the mid variants along with Magnite. Might eat up into Nexon's sales considering Nexon is the closest sub 4M SUV in terms of pricing.
Nexon is currently the second costliest car in the segment. IMO, this might affect Venue a bit.
Old 28th January 2021, 17:25   #86
Senior - BHPian

Can be easily mistaken to be a hatchback. Fails to have that very stance of a CSUV or crossover. Magnite still looks sweet in front of kiger - this is mostly in my opinion.
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:27   #87
BHPian

1. This is so much KWID look alike which is not good.

2. Kwid itself, a very unsafe car, I'm not sure with Renault's sole aim to become "the cheapest" sub-compact SUV , what compromises this car has seen in terms of security.

Just adding 2 air bags doesn't make a car safe unless its structural integrity is rock solid (in case of any impact), which I don't see happening as this is just a bloated KWID, on same platform (not sure here)?
rocketfinger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:31   #88
BANNED

For me Magnite looks better than this one. This one looks too stylish and very close to Kwid.
johnjojo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:44   #89
BHPian

Going by the pictures, I am super impressed with the styling & aesthetics of Kiger. Impressive work from Renault team!!!

Few things I personally liked in Kiger are;

1) Centre console. Neatly done with sliding tambour design on it.
2) Door pad & MID design. Stands out from crowd.

Is the handbrake tad too far from driver seat?
Old 28th January 2021, 18:01   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfinger View Post
1. This is so much KWID look alike which is not good.

2. Kwid itself, a very unsafe car, I'm not sure with Renault's sole aim to become "the cheapest" sub-compact SUV , what compromises this car has seen in terms of security.

Just adding 2 air bags doesn't make a car safe unless its structural integrity is rock solid (in case of any impact), which I don't see happening as this is just a bloated KWID, on same platform (not sure here)?
Kwid is the safest in its segment (Rivals are Alto/Eon/Spresso which scored zero, whereas Kwid at least scored 1 with driver safety more than the Seltos)

Kiger shares the same platform as of Triber's and the new Magnite's which scored 4 stars in ASEAN NCAP. Platform is superior derivative of Kwid's which is also now used globally for Nissan and Renault (CMF)

To me, this isn't a premium product, but a VFM rather than a cheap BSUV.

Hope the road presence will be better than the Kwid
starke is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks