Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 07:18   #256
BHPian

re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Any idea why there is a 10k handling charge? When I got price lists from Maruti, Tata and Honda, there was no extra handling charge in them.
Apparently the showrooms claim that the handling and logistics charges include getting the car to service station, getting it registered (without the car being sent to RTO for inspection) and miscellaneous (read palm greasing) plus agent charges at RTO for getting all the above done.

Since the Kiger is a new car the dealers won't budge on this i guess as am sure they get to keep some amount from this. But it appears to be a standard practice across the dealers. Even if you look few posts above where the price list is shared for UP, Haryana and Delhi, there is the handling charge of 9.5K. Either Renault knows and approves this or its just the dealers adding this.

When i purchased Kwid i was able to get the insurance from outside at almost 50% less than what was quoted by showroom, some additional discounts were also given but the handling charges weren't removed.
Old 18th February 2021, 08:29   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishnaKoka View Post
Thanks for the comparison. Don't see drive modes in the list. Am I overthinking this feature?
Updated the list

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-mgnite-vs-kiger_3.jpg
Mr.Boss is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 08:31   #258
BHPian

Spotted the lovely Kiger a while ago here in Goa. They were headed for a photoshoot at a popular road in Parra with a Triber following along.

I was actually going in another direction, taking my dog for a drive and I just happened to spot this beauty and changed course just to follow it for a few shots.

It is truly a beauty and something worth considering considering what it offers for the price.
Hope Renault can increase the footfall in their showrooms with this.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img20210218wa0001.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210218_075602.jpg  

Clayton Crasto is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 09:12   #259
Senior - BHPian

Renault Kiger media drives begin, some pictures from the drive

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210218_090924.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210218_090928.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210218_090931.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210218_090934.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210218_090936.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210218_090942.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210218_090950.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210218_090956.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 09:57   #260
BHPian

Renault is offering plethora of official accessories for Kiger with below 5 accessory packages.

Smart pack, Smart+ pack, SUV pack, Attractive pack, and Essential pack.

Smart pack
  • Front parking sensor
  • Trunk light
  • Armrest console organiser
  • 3D floor mat

Smart+ pack

In addition to Smart pack
  • Wireless charger
  • Air purifier
  • Ambient light
  • Puddle lamp.

SUV pack
  • Front skid plates
  • Door scuttles
  • Side body cladding
  • Rear trunk cladding

Attractive pack
  • Front grille chrome liner
  • Front grille chrome garnish
  • Front bumper chrome appliqué
  • DRL chrome garnish
  • ORVM chrome garnish
  • C-pillar garnish
  • Tailgate chrome appliqué
  • Window frame kit

Essential pack
  • Car cover
  • Carpet mat
  • Mud flap
  • Bumper corner protectors

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-renaultkigerofficialaccessories11068x626.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-renaultkigerofficialaccessories3916x720.jpg

Link
Deadpool is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 10:30   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Updated the list

Attachment 2123064
Thanks for the list again Mr. Boss. Have printed this out and using this as reference to make my decision.

The Traction control, VDC, Hydraulic brake assist are available in Manual Turbo too and not just the CVT. Correct?

Also was going through the brochures of both again; Magnite offers connected tech too in the XV premium variant didnt see reference to connected tech in Kiger.
KrishnaKoka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 11:09   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Motoroctane’s review on the Renault Kiger NA version is up.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 12:50   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Made a quick comparison of features based on this brochure
Quote:
Updated the list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Renault is offering plethora of official accessories for Kiger with below 5 accessory packages.
Magnite vs Kiger Comparison based on accessories list in official website / brochure

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-accy.jpg
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 18:13   #264
BHPian

Going by the looks and the price point I am really tempted to go for the AMT, just confused between the RXL and RXT. We already have 2 Renaults in the household the Duster and the Captur and totally happy with the ownership so If I go for the Kiger as a replacement for the 2015 Ford Aspire 1.2P then it would be an all Renault garage!

The thing is for a premium of 50K over the RXL version I am getting the touch screen system Push Button Start Rear Armrest with cup holders and Roof rails. Well there are more features in the RXT but those that matter to me I have listed. The point of my confusion is that the RXT still does not get the Alloys wheels which I like a lot, so I have to go for aftermarket. If Alloys were included then the RXT over the RXL was a no brainer. Wonder what type are the wheel caps in the RXL?

Online booking has not been listed on the Renault website yet for the Kiger. Hope it is started soon. Makes it very convenient as all the research has been done on Team BHP .
Old 19th February 2021, 07:43   #265
BHPian

I am not sure if test drives have started. One thing I am keen in knowing is, if this car has any hill-hold in AMT variants. Renault's Kwid AMT had no-hill hold whereas Duster AMT had a decent one. Not sure what they have provided for Kiger's AMT models. Didn't find anything mentioned on this in the brochure.
Old 19th February 2021, 12:37   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the Kiger today at the Renault Sohna Road showroom in Gurgaon.
In person it does look bigger than the Kwid in height and width. The Kiger also bears a lot of similarity to the Triber from the front.
I could not get a test drive as their car (only 1 manual variant) was out for a test drive. I wanted to test drive the CVT version, which was not available for test drive.
The showroom staff was least interested and inspite of waiting almost 10 min, not even one showroom sales person came over to even try to explain! It seems Magnite's success has gone to their heads and Renault is assuming that they will get the same kind of success and bookings which Nissan has got for Magnite. I honestly have doubts on this and Kiger is missing quite a lot of safety features.
Even Looks wise Magnite is a better looking car in reality and better proportioned. The Kiger lacks finesse in the design and is too edgy and curvy - not to my liking. I prefer the clean design approach of the Magnite.

Here are some pics : This is the mahogany Brown colour (I think!) and it looks kind of maroonish brown.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210219_112704.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210219_112720.jpg

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210219_112737.jpg

Few observations:

The Bonnet is extremely high and actually hampers with visibility. Even at the driver seat set at the highest position, it still prevents you from seeing the road ahead and will likely create a blind spot of at least 3-4m in front of the car which may be risky in some conditions.
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-img_20210219_112544.jpg

Overall, the car appears to have a lot of interior space and it has a good balance of inside space in rear as well as boot space. In my estimate the actual boot space of this should be around 360L (Same as Kia Sonet actual). The Boot lip is high and the boot depth below the lip is almost 1 ft!
Interiors looked suitable for the price segment it is positioned in - hard and plasticky and nothing wow.

The Body panels appear light and do bend and flex when touched.
Overall the car may be a better car compared to Hatchbacks like the Celerio, Wagon R and CSUVs like Vitara Brezza but it cannot challenge cars like the i20 or Altroz or Honda Jazz as those cars are built better and the interiors quality is better.

Last edited by Behemoth : 19th February 2021 at 12:50.
Behemoth is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 14:37   #267
BHPian

Renault Service quality

I am thinking of buying a new Renault Kiger but I’m not hearing anything good or bad about Renault after sales servicing. I have a Ford currently and am very happy with Bhavna Ford Kalina Mumbai. My daughter owns a Hyundai i10 Sportz and their service as reputed is excellent. So all Renault owners I am keen on hearing of Service quality, in terms of
1. Attending to calls,
2. Quality of work,
3. Availability of spares
4. Timeliness of job completion

Your replies will help me in a big way with my buying decision. The Kiger really looks like a nice car superbly priced

Thanks for your inputs
Old 19th February 2021, 17:39   #268
BHPian

Test drove the Kiger Turbo MT yesterday, and almost immediately ruled it out in favor of the Magnite.

1. With the driver seat height at its highest level, the top of my head (I'm 5'10ish) was just a finger's width from the roof of the car. The first pothole I drive into, I will probably end up banging my head. With the height reduced, the ergonomics and road visibility are sub-optimal - especially for long journeys.

2. The moment I reached for the seat belt lock was when I knew it was a no-go for me with the Kiger. The lock is placed deep within the recess between the driver's seat and the armrest console. Had a tough time sticking my fingers in deep enough to put the buckle in its place.

3. The drive was sharp and sweet, and there is a tangible difference between the 3 drive modes Eco, Normal and Sport. There was a head-snapping pull the moment I switched to Sport in 3rd Gear at around 40kmph.

4. The gearing is tall and convenient, so you don't have to keep shifting gears everytime the speed goes up or down by 10kmph.

5. Clutch was at par with most cars, and nowhere near as light and easy as the XUV300's - not sure if this is a fair comparison since the Kiger had done under 300 kms while the XUV300 TD vehicle had clocked nearly 8K kms. As someone who's tired of clutch-driving in Bengaluru traffic, this definitely ruled the MT out for me.

6. Suspension was at par with the Magnite's. [XUV300's suspension was definitely softer.]

7. Gear stick throw is short, very similar to the Ritz, and there's a satisfactory notching feel when you shift.

8. The handbrake is right next to the passenger seat, and you have to reach over the armrest console to engage it.
* Kiger definitely looks sporty.

In terms of interiors vis a vis the Magnite,

* Magnite cabin seems roomier and taller. Even with the driver seat set high, there was plenty of gap left between my head and the roof.

* More storage space within Kiger while Magnite's storage options seem spartan by comparison. But it comes at a heavy cost - the Kiger seems a little too crowded indoors.

* The Kiger gets only one interior lamp, I think (suddenly, I am not so sure.) But Magite has two lights, one over each row.

* Kiger's boot is bigger on paper, but just didn't feel that 50L+ gap that's supposed to be there with the Magnite. In fact, the latter's boot felt more spacious to me.

The TDs allowed were short and stingy for both Magnite and Nissan - just a few kms straight on the ring road.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th February 2021 at 07:30. Reason: Spacing.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 19:04   #269
Senior - BHPian

When is the official media drive for the Kiger I wonder.
Seen a few ‘non official ‘ videos floating around on YouTube.
Old 19th February 2021, 19:28   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
When is the official media drive for the Kiger I wonder.
Seen a few ‘non official ‘ videos floating around on YouTube.
Embargo is till 10am, 22nd Feb.
Deadpool is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed