Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 11:59   #91
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen launches Turbo edition of Polo & Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
If you are checking in Kerala, there is additional 1% flood cess applicable on top of the ex-showroom price. Possibly the ex-showroom price itself is more in Kerala compared to other places.
I believe flood cess is added as an extra, not included in ex-showroom price. I had purchased a Skoda Rapid last December in Kerala and this is what my experience is. I don't think ex-showroom is different in Kerala, as VAT is same across states. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th February 2021 at 16:11. Reason: Minor typo.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 15:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Dealer confirmed that there is no VW special discount here in Kerala and ex-showroom price is 7.17 Lakhs only. I will visit them and book it tomorrow. It is sad that we are not getting the car as per their advertised price.

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th February 2021 at 15:02.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 19:52   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Dealer confirmed that there is no VW special discount here in Kerala and ex-showroom price is 7.17 Lakhs only. I will visit them and book it tomorrow. It is sad that we are not getting the car as per their advertised price.
That is a worthy case to be taken up with ASCI.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ascionline
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen launches Turbo edition of Polo & Vento-43947c2a99624f3ba9e94f433fe5cc05.jpeg  

kkr2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 10:26   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Latheesh, if you love the build quality, dynamics, feel, engine, go for it, 20K over a 5 year span of ownership (₹ 333.33/month) would not be something that you'd consider, especially when considering a VW

All the best !!
Quote:
For Turbo edition VW website shows the price 6.99L (for my city)
Dealer quotes - 7.17L

Sent and enquiry to VW customer care and had a multiple discussion with the dealer but no result. Now the dealer is quoting 6 months waiting time even if I book it @ 7.17L. There is a clear disconnect between what VW advertise and what they actually deliver.

I am dropping my plan to book this car

Last edited by Latheesh : 25th February 2021 at 10:30.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 06:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For Turbo edition VW website shows the price 6.99L (for my city)
Dealer quotes - 7.17L

Now the dealer is quoting 6 months waiting time even if I book it @ 7.17L. There is a clear disconnect between what VW advertise and what they actually deliver.

I am dropping my plan to book this car
The additional 18k is a Kerala-only charge of flood cess. This would be applicable to any car that you buy in Kerala.

I understand the current waiting period for 1.0 Turbo Polo is around 4-5 months wherever you book it so the 6 months is quoted probably with a safety margin.

Although that is the indicated waiting period it is likely you could get it earlier depending on production / cancellations / color choice.

It’s one of the best cars in that price bracket and several brackets above - if you’re looking for performance and handling with a price advantage. It may not be the best idea to cancel it.
AMG Power is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 12:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
The additional 18k is a Kerala-only charge of flood cess. This would be applicable to any car that you buy in Kerala.
Flood cess is 1% and it should be 7.06L and not 7.17.

I had multiple calls with dealer and VW regarding the same. Actual price is 7.07L for non-metallic and 7.17 is for metallic colours. They corrected the same now.

I went ahead and booked it and gave three colour choices (sunset red, flash red, or lapiz blue). Let me see how it goes.
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 12:07   #97
BHPian

Here's a walkaround of the Vento Turbo edition.
It misses out on steering mounted audio controls & LED headlamps (that some of us were expecting).

The Rapid Rider still feels more vfm than this edition of the Vento. Must be said that those alloys compliment the color of the car. This design still looks nice after a decade.

Video credits to the channel owner.
John316_WRC is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 19:17   #98
Senior - BHPian

Here is Turbo edition Polo minus dealer level accessories. Comfortline with ACC, TSi badge, and 6 speed gear shifter can be seen

Seat cover+black mirror cover+spoiler are dealer level additions

Last edited by Latheesh : 1st March 2021 at 19:21.
Old 4th March 2021, 21:33   #99
Senior - BHPian

Here is the video of Polo Turbo edition with all accessories
Old 7th March 2021, 22:26   #100
Senior - BHPian

Polo Turbo edition ad

I booked it but have no idea whether I will get it or not. My experience with VW has been very average till now. They act as if they are overbooked and struggling to meet the demand, and they sold just ~2000 units in Feb 2021.

Last edited by Latheesh : 7th March 2021 at 22:34.
Old 16th March 2021, 22:29   #101
BHPian

Talked to my dealer “VW Lally Motors” , had a detailed discussion regarding the Vento turbo edition, the concerned said that the car is unavailable as of now and this model shall be available in small numbers only. Furthermore, he tried to convince me to to go for the Highline variant and did not even ask me once to book the turbo edition since he is unaware whether the car would be available with them anytime soon.

Simply put, what is the fun of all these gimmicks if you do not want to manufacture or sell it? Sad marketing ploy i believe, just to pull the crowd to the showroom.

Similarly, skoda guys tried to convince me to buy the rapid ambition by saying that the rider is unavailable and the scope for getting one is bleak. Few months ago, have faced the same situation with Creta E diesel , waiting periods for which are again unknown and the dealer are not even taking bookings for the vehicle.
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 22:50   #102
Senior - BHPian

True. Looks like these limited editions are just to stay in the news. I booked Polo last month and dealer have no clue about the delivery date/month. They received just 1-2 units till now. VW may deliver cars without special edition kits that too in limited numbers. Most probably I will cancel my booking and go for Kushaq.

Last edited by Latheesh : 16th March 2021 at 23:01.
Old 16th March 2021, 23:50   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Talked to my dealer “VW Lally Motors” , had a detailed discussion regarding the Vento turbo edition, the concerned said that the car is unavailable as of now and this model shall be available in small numbers only. Furthermore, he tried to convince me to to go for the Highline variant and did not even ask me once to book the turbo edition since he is unaware whether the car would be available with them anytime soon.
Seems like this is the same ploy being used across their showrooms in India. This is the same response I got from Pathanamthitta dealership in Kerala. Apparently, these turbo editions are "limited editions" and due to semiconductor chip shortage the availability is scarce. But I think this is something else, the fact that this turbo variant undercuts the highline and highline plus variants by a huge margin and has more visually appealing and comfort enhancing features than the similarly priced comfortline variant, the dealerships aren't eager to sell these. I got a call from their customer head of the region, and I gave him an earful (very respectfully of course), and told him this is a missed opportunity for VW India in terms of selling an affordable Turbo petrol hatchback and sedan and increase their monthly sales. Even he wasn't sure when these would be available with the dealers. Finally had to drop the plan altogether.
mav3r1ckblu3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 17:17   #104
Senior - BHPian

VW silently discontinued Turbo edition offer (seat cover and spoiler removed). Engine and ACC will continue in comfortline variant. Price increase is also confirmed from next month onwards. People who booked turbo edition will not get it. What a bunch of crooks.

Last edited by Latheesh : 18th March 2021 at 17:19.
Old 22nd March 2021, 22:20   #105
BHPian

Keen to know what will be service/maintenance cost of Polo turbo post all the free service etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks