Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Ford EcoSport with or without the Tailgate mounted Spare wheel. Which one looks better ?
The tailgate mounted Spare wheel looks good. Should have retained it ! 540 77.47%
The new clean look of the tailgate devoid of the spare looks better. 92 13.20%
Both are ok. Frankly I cant see the difference ! 65 9.33%
Voters: 697. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2021, 22:58   #106
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport SE variant dealer dispatches begin; no tailgate-mounted spare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Walk around video, not photos.[/url]
Good to see SYNC 3 not exclusive to the top S variant anymore.
Now the headlights, they do look like they're the same blacked out HID units of the S variant.
Old 27th February 2021, 23:25   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
I feel like this will replace the Titanium + MT Variant and will be priced close to what the old Titanium+ MT / Titanium special editions were priced at.
Yes, it will slot right in between the Titanium and S trim.
Old 28th February 2021, 12:34   #108
BHPian

No need to worry about missing the spare on the boot lid. We have many contraption makers in our market to mount the spare wheel.

Something like this wagon r in a auto expo 2010 and the other one from our famous weird and wacky thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport SE variant dealer dispatches begin; no tailgate-mounted spare-a7b3868cc3b04bcba3862b62ee32aefd.png  

Ford EcoSport SE variant dealer dispatches begin; no tailgate-mounted spare-d0ed1616872244d5bf139e1656df6874.jpeg  

saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 16:12   #109
Senior - BHPian

Ford Ecosport SE variant teased ahead of launch

Ford EcoSport SE variant dealer dispatches begin; no tailgate-mounted spare-20210301_161150.jpg

Quote:
Two's always better than one. Coming soon Ford Ecosport SE, same-same but a different avatar of Ford EcoSport S.
Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st March 2021 at 16:15.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 19:02   #110
BHPian

No offence, but what a lame marketing attempt Ford. Kindly stick to feature deletions only.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 1st March 2021 at 19:13.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 19:13   #111
Senior - BHPian

Why fix something that isn't broken?

As a Ecosport S owner, this is simply a cheap trick to stay in the news. Only saving grace is if they are able to price this at a much lower price than the S variant.
07CR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 00:40   #112
BHPian

I know this might have been said before, but more and more I'm getting a sinking feeling that this might be an attempt to use up as much existing inventory as possible before an exit. I'm very inclined to cancel my booking but so far I have refrained from it, hoping that Ford will release some concrete information regarding their plans. I plan on waiting till the third week of March when they have said they will have a final decision at least on their Mahindra plans i.e on the jointly developed products and the GDI engine. Hopefully they will also indicate what their plans are. Luckily that also coincides with the launch of the Kushaq, so there is another option to consider.
da_lowrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 09:41   #113
BHPian

The ecosport line up is a total mess. One of the reasons I am waiting for the kushaq/taigun twins is because of the confusing line up that ecosport has. Otherwise, I would have gone for this car.

The S version has weird orange colouring inside which I do not want. It is only available in manual.
However, the S variant is the only one with ISOFIX and top tether anchor points.

The Titanium+ model comes in automatic and non-funky interiors but does not have ISOFIX points.

What is the logic in any of this? Also, casual buyers will miss out on important safety features for no fault of theirs.
Old 2nd March 2021, 09:52   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will wait for Kushaq's pricing and take a call to continue with Ecosport or cancel it and book Kushaq. I've a strong feeling that Skoda will mess up Kushaq's pricing and I'm betting on Ecosport, its a lovely machine.

1) How are the seat covers from Ford, i don't like patterns but I don't want to spend time outside searching for perfect ones because of Covid.
2) I never liked diesel cars because of refinement, but this BS6 is the best I've experienced wrt NVH. Much better than some petrol cars. My running is low, and sometimes I've to leave the car untouched for a couple of weeks. Does this engine create any issue in such cases?
3) I think I can live with a hard clutch, but is there any solution in the long run? I'm fine even if the solution is expensive, but it has to be reliable.
4) Do i have to get paint protection and anti rust coatings? I've been using Fabia for the last decade or so, it still looks pretty good without any of these. I always park in the shade and treat cars very well.
1. Seat covers would be decent enough, but if you want a great fit and good workmanship, I would suggest you go for bespoke seat covers. A good installer will ensure that the seat covers are tight and well fitted. Depending upon your city, you can choose one. They are generally reasonable for the workmanship involved.

2. The Ecosport TDCI is super refined, especially once you are in the cabin. At highway cruising speeds, it is barely audible, just like any petrol car (and even better than several petrol cars that I have driven). In my case, I ensure that I take the car out for a highway jaunt (even if it is a relatively short drive to the Bangalore airport - 55 kms one way, or Nandi Hills area- 70 kms one way) to ensure that the engine is getting to stretch its legs. Not to mention that highway driving is a pleasurable experience in the Ecosport! Basically, use the car well during the other couple of weeks when you do get to drive it and it is not sitting idle.

3. When the clutch becomes too hard every few years, replace it! Yes, as you said it might be a slightly expensive solution, but that is the best (if seemingly impractical) solution. No other solution to this really. Having said that, once you are used to a heavier clutch, you would automatically be more comfortable with it. Torque of the TDCI also ensures that gear changes are kept to a minimum in typical driving scenarios (other then extended bumper to bumper traffic, which is the only time that the clutch actually becomes a trifle bothersome).

4. Have not used any paint protection or anti rust on my car. I plan to get it detailed once a year, and that should keep the paint in good nick. The well known service providers charge a absolute bomb, and I was not ready to shell out that kind of money upfront.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 2nd March 2021 at 10:12.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:09   #115
BHPian

Dear Ford India,

If cost cutting was your motto, It was better to remove one service wheel and let the car run on Three wheels. Tail gate mounted wheel is the identity of Ecosport and should be standard across all variants.
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:12   #116
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
No offence, but what a lame marketing attempt Ford. Kindly stick to feature deletions only.
This made me chuckle. It's funny how Ford is trying to market a clearly amputated version of an iconic car. No amount of marketing will make this a good purchase unless they sell it for a substantially less amount.
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:43   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Sorry, I don't get it, is there some history associated with this comment?
This year Ford has added new features to Titanium variant and reduced prices for other variants. While almost all manufacturers increased prices, Ford has given more benefits to its customers. Isn't this a right reason to celebrate, instead of mocking them?

Though SE might be a lame attempt to grab attention, i wish we could reserve our comments till unveil.
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:54   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I don't get it, is there some history associated with this comment?
This year Ford has added new features to Titanium variant and reduced prices for other variants. While almost all manufacturers increased prices, Ford has given more benefits to its customers. Isn't this a right reason to celebrate, instead of mocking them?
I believe the marketing is inspired from a old time Hindi movie about two twins. I think there was a scene in it in which a mom delivers a dialogue that goes something along the lines Ford has put in the image. Sorry, can't remember the name of the movie (Judwa maybe... too lazy to check it).

As for Ford getting bashed, that was expected given how many feature deletions they have done and how iconic the rear mounted spare wheel has become for the Ecosport looks (also people tend to bash a brand a lot more than appreciate it..including me and not just for Ford).

I really appreciate Ford adding features and either keeping prices the same or even reducing them. An old colleague of mine just booked the Ford Ecosport Diesel Titanium on Saturday just because of this (TATA Nexon was priced at a premium for him).
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:02   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
I believe the marketing is inspired from a old time Hindi movie about two twins. I think there was a scene in it in which a mom delivers a dialogue that goes something along the lines Ford has put in the image. Sorry, can't remember the name of the movie (Judwa maybe... too lazy to check it).
It is Karan Arjun. Just saw in another article. However, I am unable to understand Ford's claim that it is 'same-same' when we are nearly certain now that the SE variant will miss the spare wheel completely while S variant will have it. I see it as a missing feature and not just an Avatar change.

Last edited by skarthiksr : 2nd March 2021 at 12:13.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:58   #120
Senior - BHPian

Ford Ecosport SE price announcement and will go on sale in India by March 10, 2021.

Ford EcoSport SE variant dealer dispatches begin; no tailgate-mounted spare-20210302114712_ecosport_rear_1.jpg

Quote:
A few dealers we spoke to said that Ford has decided to add the new variant to the India line-up after gauging customer feedback about the styling of the export version of EcoSport. By adding the export version's tailgate design, the brand wants to increase the ageing SUV’s appeal
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd March 2021 at 13:00.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks