Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2021, 08:41   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Unofficial "team bhp car of the year" every year since its launch. For me at least :-) My entire youth was spent in washing and waxing this beautiful car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Fingers crossed for the 2L TSI + 7 speed wet clutch DSG + Multilink. Will be a brilliant option if the above comes true.
That would be perfect. I think the dry clutch DSG while not super reliable has come a long way and 'enthusiasts' need not fear it so much. Extended warranty + 2L to pay for a potential post-warranty mechatronic replacement will have you covered for 8-10 years. Repeated DSG failures are a thing of the past I feel.
androdev is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 09:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

With SUVs ruling the market today, Sedans like these have become a niche. I for one like this New Octavia, infact even the older one and the Laura were my favourites at their time of launch.

While SKODA has moved away from Diesel's, I hope they offer it on this and the above models (Superb & Kodiaq). Any day Diesel's are more efficient and have better pull compared to Turbo Petrol's. I will look at this if they plan to launch one with Diesel Option since I am finding it very difficult to replace our 2011 VW Jetta. When you have a near perfect car, upgrading from it is a daunting task.

I am open to SUVs also, but they are more expensive for the additional ground clearance and extra seats on some cars.

Are you reading this Skoda ?
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 11:31   #18
BHPian

Of course a new D segment sedan is a most welcome sight. But I have got my issues with the Octavia.

This new one looks like a catfish from the front. The front bumper is all bland. The superb has much more regal looks.
The alloys look amateurish as if a 10 year old kid designed it after watching an anime.

But rising above all of this is Skoda's patchy reliability record. All of you here just go and take a look at the ownership/review threads of the current gen Octavia. There are bucket loads of complaints. And these are not just niggles, although there are loads of those too. I am talking stranded on the side of the road and 4 weeks at the workshop followed by 6 figure bills kind of complaints. You ever went through bhpian adi petrolhead's ownership review? You would have the fear of god put into you. Have these guys finally learned how to put together a car together properly? Or is it another round of love hate relationships for the new owners?
nakul0888 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 11:37   #19
BHPian

Awfull looking wheels IMHO. Happy to see the double "L" shaped DRLs instead of the ones seen in the spy shots of the car. We are currently in the market for a D1 segment car, this D1 segment car to be specific. Hope they launch the 2 TSI with the DQ381 first. But we will wait for a few months before buying so that all the small (and big) niggles get ironed out.

Last edited by BoJack : 21st March 2021 at 11:48. Reason: Typing errors corrected
BoJack is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 12:31   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
With SUVs ruling the market today, Sedans like these have become a niche. I for one like this New Octavia, infact even the older one and the Laura were my favourites at their time of launch.

While SKODA has moved away from Diesel's, I hope they offer it on this and the above models (Superb & Kodiaq). Any day Diesel's are more efficient and have better pull compared to Turbo Petrol's. I will look at this if they plan to launch one with Diesel Option since I am finding it very difficult to replace our 2011 VW Jetta. When you have a near perfect car, upgrading from it is a daunting task.

I am open to SUVs also, but they are more expensive for the additional ground clearance and extra seats on some cars.

Are you reading this Skoda ?
We are also in the same Dilemma and our Skoda Laura (Diesel) is 9 years old now and we are just not finding the ideal replacement. It still runs beautifully and gives a mileage of 18-20 in mixed use and upto 25 on highway. Also the kind of boot space and drive comfort is amazing. It is really a car whose shoes are too big to fill by any other current car. The ideal replacement would have been a 1.6Tdi Skoda Octavia, but that is not getting launched in India. Moving to a 1.5Tsi AT will increase running costs drastically as I doubt the mileage would be over 12-13 (possibly even lesser).
We also have a Jeep Compass but even that is not fuel efficient and has a much smaller boot than our Laura.
Behemoth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 12:39   #21

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd March 2021 at 12:28.
Varun B is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st March 2021, 12:47   #22
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd March 2021 at 12:28.
travelwriter is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st March 2021, 17:27   #23

The international model of the Next-gen Octavia was unveiled with the addition of a Heads-Up Display, any scoop on whether this will be an addition to the Octavia in our Indian market? Will be a Seal the Deal product if our Indian market gets it too along with the 2.0TSI, Virtual cockpit and those beautiful interiors of a sedan under the 30L OTR price.
Old 21st March 2021, 17:28   #24
BHPian

Is it me or does any one find the interiors more modern and well appointed than the Superb that is one level above ? The gear selectors, the screen all look a lot more appealing than what is seen in Superb in my opinion.

Last edited by vjbox : 21st March 2021 at 17:30.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 17:41   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Quote:
Some more pics!

The seats are borrowed from the new Superb, while the steering wheel is exactly the same as the Kushaq. It is expected to be priced at par with the last generation Octavia and would be in showrooms by April end.
Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-1.jpg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-2.jpg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-3.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 21st March 2021 at 21:03.
GTO is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 19:46   #26
BHPian

Here comes one of my favourite cars again. From the exterior it still looks smashing like before. But from the interior I think most cars are looking generic now because of the huge touch screen they sport. There is not much left to design the dash except for AC vents and knobs when you put a big slab of screen on the dash. The steering on this one will be a love or hate design just like the split headlamp of the previous gen car. I liked the split headlamp design but not this two spoke steering wheel.

Above all, the whole car is what every enthusiast would want to buy but very few will because of the negative reputation Skoda have for their infamous aftersales. Being a sedan lover and Octavia fan I really wish it to be successful but only time will tell.
Carpainter is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 21:21   #27

Re: The 4th-gen Skoda Octavia. EDIT: India launch pushed to 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
OT: Doesn't he represent the Skoda organization? Nice response and clarity of thoughts in his tweets, however he should not use "I am not taking advance....". We are not buying from Zac, we are buying from Skoda.
I think what he means to say is that, Skoda will only take official bookings after the price announcement or launch. Customers should not listen to dealerships who might be taking advanced bookings before launch.
skx007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 07:34   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 4th-gen Skoda Octavia. EDIT: India launch pushed to 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJack View Post
Are the double "L" shaped DRLs only present in cars with matrix lighting? No octavia test cars posted in this thread seem to have this type of DRLs. Are we not getting them?
Skoda usually reserves the LED DRLs for the top couple of variants. The white car must be similar to the old Ambition variant, which did not even have the Bi-X headlights or LEDs.

Rest assured it will be on the more loaded variants.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The launch of the fourth generation Skoda Octavia is just around the corner. In fact, the carmaker has kicked-off pre-launch activities with a private unveiling of the car.

Attachment 2135045

Skoda Octavia exterior & interior

Skoda Octavia engine options

Ohh boy, she looks scintillating!!
If to be personified, she's the most beautiful girl in the office with whom every guy wants to be on a drive with. Skoda, just get the pricing right and you'll have all the due credit to resurrect the D segment in India.
A note for other manufacturers, this is how you stay classy without compromising on quality!

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd March 2021 at 09:22. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote only relevant sections of the post.
Piyush19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:25   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
I feel they have over done the grill facia. It is too wide and gauche.

Why the toggle switch idea? What purpose will that serve? What happens to people like me who prefer driving with one hand on the gear lever all the time?
The extra large front grills on the fascia is a growing trend across the industry and frankly I'm not a big fan of this trend.

Regrading the Toggle Switch, one may like it or may not, but driving with one hand on the gear Lever is never a good idea and doesn't do any favors to the great selector and linkages. And why would you want to keep your hand on the Lever in an automatic anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Craver View Post
Ride-by-wire will also be the segment-first feature along with tri-zone climate control!
Ride-by-wire (drive by wire) has been present almost everywhere for ages. All common rail diesels and all TSI/TGDi engines work on drive by wire systems. You might be referring to shift-by-wire that is used here with the toggle switch.
niteshbids is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks