Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2021, 14:39   #121
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Nice looking shades for the new car especially the black, but the latest gen looks a tad bit smaller than the outgoing one. Doesn't get the imposing look of the 1st gen.

And oh my god what a classy-looking car was the 1st gen one, a true sleeper!

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-215f639feec0f9b960653e033f5e129c.jpg
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 14:59   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Hey Gigatech, the RS245 with the old fascia is available at Rs.8 lacs discount. There are very limited pieces left so hurry and you might be able to grab one. Cheers !
Hey Timothy!! Could you let me know which dealer has one in stock. Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 16:10   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Hey Timothy!! Could you let me know which dealer has one in stock. Thanks
I am based in Delhi, so you will have to check in Southern India. You are based in Chennai right ?

In Delhi there is one in maroon colour available at Brite Skoda in Noida. I just saw it with them a couple of days back.

Last edited by Timothy : 8th April 2021 at 16:11.
Old 8th April 2021, 16:13   #124
BHPian

No, all RS245 units are sold out now
Old 8th April 2021, 22:19   #125
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Skoda and diesel, reconciliation seems unlikely-

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-smartselect_20210408221342_chrome.jpg
AYP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 14:44   #126
BHPian

Just spotted this beauty right next to me at a signal here in Nerul, Navi Mumbai. I thought it's a Superb L&K before it raced away

Didn't realise test drives have started already!

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-img_20210409_141438.jpg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-screenshot_20210409_143938.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 9th April 2021 at 20:11. Reason: Watermarks added
sainyamk95 is online now   (31) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 16:05   #127
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia available as SPORTLINE version for the first time.

Quote:
The exterior of the new OCTAVIA model is defined by the black elements familiar from the SPORTLINE variants of other ŠKODA model series.
Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-skoda_octavia_sportline11440x960.jpg

Quote:
Standard equipment for the OCTAVIA SPORTLINE includes 17-inch Pulsar alloy wheels with a polished black finish. Available as an option: black metallic 18-inch Vega wheels and, exclusive to the SPORTLINE, the 19-inch black polished Taurus alloys. The front wings are adorned with SPORTLINE badges.
Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-skoda_octavia_combi_sportline31440x960.jpg

Quote:
Octavia, the Sportline is available with a multitude of gasoline, diesel, natural gas, mild-hybrid, and plug-in hybrid powertrains.

Skoda's 2.0 TSI engine with 190 hp is available exclusively in an AWD and DSG combination
Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-skoda_octavia_sportline41440x960.jpg

Quote:
Dynamic new variant with black exterior elements and sporting interior
DCC Dynamic Chassis Control and numerous assistance systems available
It's only a matter of time before it launches in India.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th April 2021 at 16:09.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 19:36   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainyamk95 View Post
Just spotted this beauty right next to me at a signal here in Nerul, Navi Mumbai. I thought it's a Superb L&K before it raced away

Didn't realise test drives have started already!
Are you sure it's a test drive car? I heard that the dealers will get some 'solid' information about the car by next week.

Were you able to tell if it was a 1.5L or a 2.0L engine by the way it "raced away"?
akshay_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 20:09   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Are you sure it's a test drive car? I heard that the dealers will get some 'solid' information about the car by next week.
Well, I guessed it must be a test drive vehicle going by the fact that its production has begun and been officially announced by Skoda themselves. Also, it had no camo stickers at all. The driver, though, did speed away as soon as he spotted me with my phone in hand

Quote:
Were you able to tell if it was a 1.5L or a 2.0L engine by the way it "raced away"?
Ahaha, I wish I could tell. All I can say is it did pull away very cleanly without any drama, as far as I could make out from my car, that is. The driver overtook an auto in a rash manner and then turned left rather dangerously.
sainyamk95 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 20:35   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainyamk95 View Post
Ahaha, I wish I could tell. All I can say is it did pull away very cleanly without any drama, as far as I could make out from my car, that is. The driver overtook an auto in a rash manner and then turned left rather dangerously.

Then it must be that famous Youtuber who shouts and drives rash whose name starts with F and end with N.

Then it also means that media drives have started.
Karthik.thm is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 22:50   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik.thm View Post
Then it must be that famous Youtuber who shouts and drives rash whose name starts with F and end with N.

Then it also means that media drives have started.
No. I don't really think it's Mr. Beans here. Or for that matter, this doesn't seem to be a picture from a media drive looking at the amount of dust and dirt the car has gathered. Usually, the cars in media drives are much cleaner and fresh for obvious reasons.

This might be one of the final test drives by Skoda? We never know going by the emphasis they've been putting up on India 2.0 thing.

Piyush
Piyush19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 23:07   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
No, all RS245 units are sold out now
Yeah, I heard so too that all units have been sold now. Maybe one odd dealer might have a unit or two remaining but one will really have to scour for it and be lucky too. I really hope it gives Skoda the understanding that to sell Octavia vRS in India, they need to price it south of 30 lakhs. At any rate, the worth of the car is around that price band only. Otherwise it gets too close to the big three Germans and that, is why the car remained unsold for so long despite the fact that vRS 230 was sold out before anyone could blink their eyes. So there is demand for it but only if it is priced sensibly.
Now coming back to the L & K variant featured in previous posts, I didn't notice the heads up display in the photos. I was really hoping that Skoda would introduce it in the higher models but looks like it isn't to be!
firstguri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 01:52   #133
Senior - BHPian

Skoda has completely ruined the front design of this latest design Octavia and have transformed a sporty sedan into a corporate cookie cutter appliance with useless gizmos and tech inflating the price point of a car that is basically targeted at the middle class in it's home country. Well, this is India and we know how the middle class is treated and this car too is out of the reach of the Indian middle class. So, i don't really care about this car.

Last edited by nickatnite : 10th April 2021 at 01:53.
nickatnite is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 06:46   #134
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Skoda has completely ruined the front design of this latest design Octavia and have transformed a sporty sedan into a corporate cookie cutter appliance with useless gizmos and tech inflating the price point of a car that is basically targeted at the middle class in it's home country. Well, this is India and we know how the middle class is treated and this car too is out of the reach of the Indian middle class. So, i don't really care about this car.
Not so sure that people looking at a car around 20 lakhs are' middle class' in India.

I think lots of people will be willing to pay for the gizmos. I certainly would, if they brought in a loaded one with all the drive assist features. The only other competing car would then be the xc60.
nidhikapoor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 10:04   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Now coming back to the L & K variant featured in previous posts, I didn't notice the heads up display in the photos. I was really hoping that Skoda would introduce it in the higher models but looks like it isn't to be!
Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-octavianovs.jpg

In the international reviews, the ventilated seats are controlled from the infotainment screen. The photos from the opening post seem to show that this option is missing from the India spec Octavia. It will be really disappointing if Skoda deletes such features from a "luxury" car. Don't care about the sunroof, but ventilated seats are a must have in this segment IMHO!
jogidada is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks