Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2021, 12:28   #196
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
But in India, cross-shopping is mostly done on the basis of price range and size of the vehicles and not the use-case of the buyers. IMO, Skoda should position the Octavia 2.0 TSI L&K at not more than 28L on-road.
The Previous gen 1.8 TSI L&K was 28L on-road in Delhi, according to the Oct 2019 price list shared earlier. This is an upgraded 2.0 TSI, factoring in inflation and the depreciation of the rupee (INR was between 70-71 in Oct '19, it's 75 now), You should expect at least 5-6% price hike which will take it to 30L.
RoadTrippin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 18:33   #197
BHPian

For sure we know that 1.0 TSI has been locally manufactured in India and while watching the Kushaq's covered driving review I heard that 1.5 TSI is not localized.

If SKODA/VW are going to use 1.5 TSI extensively in future Indian line up, doesn't it make sense to localize it ?. Incase if 1.5 TSI is localized does that pull back the price of 1.5 TSI Octavia to say 'around 13-15 Lacs ex-showroom' at least for base and mid trim(manual) levels ?
Old 15th April 2021, 22:31   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
But in India, cross-shopping is mostly done on the basis of price range and size of the vehicles and not the use-case of the buyers. IMO, Skoda should position the Octavia 2.0 TSI L&K at not more than 28L on-road.
I couldn't agree more with you.If i was in the market and was keen on buying the octavia at 30lakhs otr and see the skoda sportline at 34-35otr in delhi, i would pick the superb without wasting time. Skoda should make sure l&k ovtavia doesnt cross 28 otr in delhi atleast to give it a fighting chance.
Born 2 Be Wild is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 23:31   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Give a powerful engine and reliable gearbox combo - we complain about the alloys and tyres.

Given the alloys and tyres and sunroof and wireless charging - we complain about lack of engine and gearbox combo.

Guess we are all perennially dissatisfied?

For a sedan lover, Octavia and Superb are a DELIGHT. Let us cherish it and hope it becomes a success! Look forward to the pricing and reviews. Game on!
On a side note, I'm glad they're not offering the Sunroof . Atleast initially.
It took quite some time to make peace with the Sunroof rattling /Squeaky sound on my Octavia, which started just one month after the delivery in 2017.

I absolutely love the Octavia and have been lucky to experience almost all the generations extensively. Hope to bring the new one home at some point. The enthusiast in me is eagerly waiting for the news on vRS for India
nishithrao95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 15:12   #200
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Spoke to a person from a Skoda dealership, and he confirmed that it will have the adaptive CC. Not sure how accurate that info might be, but he seemed very sure.
Old 16th April 2021, 19:46   #201
BHPian

In a quandary - with a budget of ~45 max, I'm getting tempted to save to save money (Octavia vs new 5 seater Tiguan vs Q2).

The 190 bhp version of the 2.0 TSI across all the above is significantly different from the 235/245 units mechanically - the gains from a remap are signficantly lower. Thinking whether to wait for 9-10 months and go in for the new VRS/discounted G30 330i pre-LCI year or plunge in. The discounted VRS245, though tempting, almost a decade old and a bit frumpy looking now.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 20:07   #202
Senior - BHPian

What rubbish alloys in such a wonderful & classy car. Skoda - You got it completely wrong here. It looks like alloys are from made in China cheap toy car. Hope users will get option to choose alloys for the car while buying this beauty.
Old 16th April 2021, 21:57   #203
BHPian

Little off topic, but need suggestion on my dilemma.
I am 90% sold for upcoming Octavia 2.0 automatic but with this Covid situation around i am just thinking wide, does it even make sense to buy a new car in 2021!
I don’t think my office is going to start in 2021, i don’t think i am going for any road trip this yearend even visiting relatives looks difficult. With all this in mind i am thinking to postpone purchasing to 2022 and then buy something new off the shelf or buy Octavia with some year end discount.

I am pretty sure lot of you guys might be thinking on same lines, please suggest. I think this topic actually need its own discussion thread.
vineet1712 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 23:23   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
Little off topic, but need suggestion on my dilemma. But with this Covid situation around i am just thinking wide, does it even make sense to buy a new car in 2021!
I don’t think my office is going to start in 2021, i don’t think i am going for any road trip this yearend even visiting relatives looks difficult. With all this in mind i am thinking to postpone purchasing to 2022 and then buy something new off the shelf or buy Octavia with some year end discount.

I am pretty sure lot of you guys might be thinking on same lines, please suggest. I think this topic actually need its own discussion thread.
My parents and my thinking was exactly the same last year as well, we had decided we will change one of our older cars in 2021, since 2020 was majorly WFH. Now as soon as we start discussing some prospective cars in 2021, a similar situation as 2020 comes up, with an even more virulent strain, so back to WFH again! Although showrooms had opened up in 2020 itself, we didn't want to risk going to any showroom (except once to a Toyota one, which is a pretty secluded one with very less people).

But I believe if one likes the car and has the finances available then he can continue with his decision, one cannot defer it infinitely because no one knows when this damn virus will end.
Old 17th April 2021, 09:45   #205
BHPian

Quote:
With all this in mind i am thinking to postpone purchasing to 2022 and then buy something new off the shelf or buy Octavia with some year end discount.
If you are looking at getting a new additional car - I'd think waiting till end of the year is not a bad idea. For one, Octavia won't have long waiting periods unlike THAR. And two, like you said - it is anyone's guess in terms of how many trips will each one of us make to the airports or to the far away sight-seeing points, or even road trips.

On the other hand, if you are thinking of replacing a given (old) car - think through a lot more and act quickly if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
But I believe if one likes the car and has the finances available then he can continue with his decision, one cannot defer it infinitely because no one knows when this damn virus will end.
Goes with my above point - replacing an old car, go for it. Getting a new additional car altogether - wait for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
In a quandary - with a budget of ~45 max, I'm getting tempted to save to save money (Octavia vs new 5 seater Tiguan vs Q2).

The 190 bhp version of the 2.0 TSI across all the above is significantly different from the 235/245 units mechanically - the gains from a remap are signficantly lower. Thinking whether to wait for 9-10 months and go in for the new VRS/discounted G30 330i pre-LCI year or plunge in. The discounted VRS245, though tempting, almost a decade old and a bit frumpy looking now.
I think you should save money - the no of cars that are lying idle these days is not a small one. coming to the saving part:

discounted vRS245 - doesn't make sense IMO. 2019 MY.
Q2 - only if you have been craving for the A brand. Else no point.
Tiguan vs. Octavia - fair dilemma and fair choices IMO.

Last edited by manson : 17th April 2021 at 11:21. Reason: Back to back posts.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 09:14   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Not offering an automatic with the 1.5TSI, if true, is such a strange choice. I know this is what they did with the previous gen as well but it's odd given that the 1.5 is mated to an automatic transmission in other vehicles in the portfolio. Just a deliberate choice to force customers to upgrade.
My guess - this may have something to do with the engine-gearbox combinations possible and the particular track record of DQ200 in India. The 1.5 TSI is mated to the DQ200 in the Taigun, Karoq, T-Cross and other compact SUVs, which weigh around 1200 - 1300 KG. The 1.5 TSI engine is detuned to offer no more than 250NM torque in these cars and the gearbox is operating at its max torque rating. The Octavia, however weighs in the 1400-1500 KG range and even with the same engine tune, would exert more stress on the gearbox. Although many of the issues with the gearbox has been sorted out, the wounds on Skoda's reputation due to the repeated failures of the DQ200 are still fresh in their minds. In the off-chance that there are a few more failures in the 1.5TSI + DQ200 due to the hot, dusty, dry weather and start-stop traffic conditions in India, it would cost Skoda dearly. This may have something do with the decision. The 2.0 TSI is mated to the DQ380 gearbox with a much higher torque rating so no worries there in offering an automatic.

Quote:
I would recommend the Octavia. Both the Tiguan and the Q2 are 4 -5 years old in the international market. We will soon see the next-generation versions of these cars. However, the Octavia is brand-new and has just been launched globally. You will have a fresh 20s car than a 10s car! - one that stays very relevant for many years to come.

Quote:
Little off topic, but need suggestion on my dilemma. I am 90% sold for upcoming Octavia 2.0 automatic but with this Covid situation around i am just thinking wide, does it even make sense to buy a new car in 2021! I think this topic actually need its own discussion thread.
The best time to go for road trips is during such times. The highways are pretty free of traffic, the dust and pollution are much less. Resorts and hotels are ridiculously cheap! And it has now come from the horse’s mouth (US CDC) that COVID does not transmit through surfaces, such as furniture or bed sheets in hotel rooms. Also, companies right now are allowing staff work from anywhere, I bet they will want everyone back on office as soon as the pandemic tails off in a few months. States are allowing inter-district movement and most states are also not restricting inter-state movements. This means ‘workcations’ are quite easy to plan and pull off this year. Such years may not come again, so I would recommend getting and enjoying a new car, go on some unforgettable long drives this year.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 18th April 2021 at 09:29.
84.monsoon is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 10:17   #207
BHPian

Quote:
This definitely deserves its own thread. I am also thinking along the same lines.

I am not able to convince myself of spending so much money on driving 3000 KM a year within the city limits. I would rather save the money, increase my budget and buy the latest one available close to the time when I can really use it for long trips.
shobhit.shri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 13:39   #208
BHPian

Quote:
G30 330i pre-LCI year or plunge in. The discounted VRS245, though tempting, almost a decade old and a bit frumpy looking now.
Go for the g30 330i discounts might have started to roll in and it punches way above the cars you have mentioned. Plus, aftermarket support is better for the bmw compared to the rest.
German_clan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 16:42   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by German_clan View Post
Go for the g30 330i discounts might have started to roll in and it punches way above the cars you have mentioned. Plus, aftermarket support is better for the bmw compared to the rest.
From what I know, there are no cars available in Delhi NCR. If you guys find otherwise, especially about discounts, do keep bhpins posted please!
Old 18th April 2021, 21:43   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more pictures of the Octavia at the dealership.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-a591612f50a84203910084d8295d225e.jpeg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-10d3edfde1a44b3885846d54f866b87a.jpeg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-0342f2ea37984e38a095371c25efb3c1.jpeg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-8ccf7b62554b44b9ab7bdb5d7e4278b3.jpeg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-2a021982fbc9427bb40b01d5fb185710.jpeg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-2516719b0e4c4068b7195a8e2e7ecd66.jpeg
The key fobs are finished in piano black which are finger-print magnets!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CNyRt...=1vtuil2wqo2bd

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 18th April 2021 at 21:44.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks